harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Boxing Clever?

10 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Joe Bugner fighting skin cancer (10 rounds, UK regional heavyweight title eliminator).

That's a first in his career - delivering a really good fight and talking it up afterwards

Infamous for promising to take the other guy's head off and then boxing a tactical, tight and cagey victory

Italian legendary boxer Nino Benvenuti hospitalized in ICU after suffering a massive heart attack.

1 hour ago, drol said:

Italian legendary boxer Nino Benvenuti hospitalized in ICU after suffering a massive heart attack.

Scavengers Assemble

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

That's a first in his career - delivering a really good fight and talking it up afterwards

Infamous for promising to take the other guy's head off and then boxing a tactical, tight and cagey victory

To be fair, he didn't really have to be a good fighter, his missus, Marlene, would have taken out Ali, Foreman and Frazier all in one go.

As somebody said, back in the day, '....you could crack bricks on her face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A new JustGiving has been opened for Dean Francis, this time to "give him the send off he deserves". :skull:

Just adds to the long list of teetering-on-the-brink folk... the dominoes will start falling soon.

9 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

A new JustGiving has been opened for Dean Francis, this time to "give him the send off he deserves". :skull:

Just adds to the long list of teetering-on-the-brink folk... the dominoes will start falling soon.

Him, McCain (though he seems to be getting a bit better, for now at least), Cappotelli, Total Biscuit, Butts, Stefansson, Nawaz, and others I’m probably forgetting right now. Surely one of them has to go soon...

11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Him, McCain (though he seems to be getting a bit better, for now at least), Cappotelli, Total Biscuit, Butts, Stefansson, Nawaz, and others I’m probably forgetting right now. Surely one of them has to go soon...

Bracknell Jowell Ricksen Vervoot Gilbert Lima Quinn Rae Alagiah Turnbull Parrikar Tapie Clegg Mountcharles Bosbach Jose Jose Cocks Du Bois Brickhouse Brown Ricketts Mack Goldberg Cornelia Frances Blanco Lorimer Austin.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Bracknell Jowell Ricksen Vervoot Gilbert Lima Quinn Rae Alagiah Turnbull Parrikar Tapie Clegg Mountcharles Bosbach Jose Jose Cocks Du Bois Brickhouse Brown Ricketts Mack Goldberg Cornelia Frances Blanco Lorimer Austin.

Many of these aren’t really on the clock yet. Apart from Bishop Quinn, all of these could still last a while. I know there was that Ricksen update, but he denied being near death and is still in nearly the same state as he was a while ago.

• Like 1

I even wonder if Bishop Quinn was as on the clock as we first thought: he has been in that hospice since December, maybe he's treating it more as an "end-of-life-facility", a half-way house between a hospice and a retirement home.

Hey, don't forget my friends Mr. Anh and Mr. Muoi! But I guess they are just living the final part of their lives in 108 hospital like Vo Nguyen Giap did. He lasted four years in hospitalization. Can't see them doing the same, but Autumn is a concrete possibility.

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I even wonder if Bishop Quinn was as on the clock as we first thought: he has been in that hospice since December, maybe he's treating it more as an "end-of-life-facility", a half-way house between a hospice and a retirement home.

I thought it slightly more recent his going through the front doors, but it could be a 'retirement' facility ala Cardinal Etchegaray, though they've made a point to say 'hospice' which is never the case with the good Cardinal.
SC

6 hours ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Hmmm

Joker twice over on the DDP (one of them being mine!) - £1000 of the £7000 target already in. It looks like a few people in the know are already moving on the basis it's not long from here.

20 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Many of these aren’t really on the clock yet. Apart from Bishop Quinn, all of these could still last a while. I know there was that Ricksen update, but he denied being near death and is still in nearly the same state as he was a while ago.

Well, apart from Tessa Jowell apparently...

Didn't realise all these people were boxers.

25 minutes ago, Toast said:

Didn't realise all these people were boxers.

Bishop Quinn definitely was.

Bare bum boxer, smacked a good few around the ring in his time.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Actually a spokesperson denied it would be the 'last time he was seen in public' which equates to the same thing I suppose.  But don't put words in Ricksen's mouth.  Since the announcement he has neither said anything nor been seen in public, and I assure you is a few days closer to death.  

SC

9 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Actually a spokesperson denied it would be the 'last time he was seen in public' which equates to the same thing I suppose.  But don't put words in Ricksen's mouth.  Since the announcement he has neither said anything nor been seen in public, and I assure you is a few days closer to death.  

SC

It was his agent quoted in the original Dutch clipping I read that was picked up on by the UK rags.

Agent (also biographer) came out and denied it within an hour or two.

Still think he's denying it after saying it.

4 minutes ago, charon said:

It was his agent quoted in the original Dutch clipping I read that was picked up on by the UK rags.

Agent (also biographer) came out and denied it within an hour or two.

Still think he's denying it after saying it.

I got the same deal going on with Pat Bowlen this month.  Denver sports writer (and panelist on ESPN show) said he has three sources close to the family that Pat's spiraling down.  Denver Broncos spokesperson denied it within a day.  Who to believe?

8 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I got the same deal going on with Pat Bowlen this month.  Denver sports writer (and panelist on ESPN show) said he has three sources close to the family that Pat's spiraling down.  Denver Broncos spokesperson denied it within a day.  Who to believe?

What has this got to do with BOXING!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Troy Waters, who fought three times for a world title unsuccessfully, dead of leukaemia at 53. Remember him getting absolutely sparked the fuck out by Felix Trinidad. 

6 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Troy Waters, who fought three times for a world title unsuccessfully, dead of leukaemia at 53. Remember him getting absolutely sparked the fuck out by Felix Trinidad. 

or you could have shown the 'round of the year' (1993) fight [Walters was stopped in the third round by American superstar Terry Norris, who Waters dropped in the second. The second round of the bout was later described by The Ring Magazine as the "round of the year"].  Three round fight, 2nd round got the accolades.  Sounds like Hearns-Hagler to me.
SC

Brendan Ingle, one of the great British boxing trainers (Prince Naseem, Herol Graham, Johnny Nelson), dead at 77.

DeCFNR2WkAI5GuS.jpg:large