34 minutes ago, msc said:

Could he not have bought tickets, for,  I dunno, a Piers Morgan lecture tour instead?

Seriously, if we knew for a fact he had that curse we could start behaving that way - then we could - like - go to the local Tourettes support group and give the tickets away as a goodwill gesture in case Piers got as far as starting the gig.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

The cynical retort wonders where the news is in the fact Ozzy's just had a brush with death

The dead pooler in me says his immune system didn't do a very good job and the coctail of drugs he must need to keep him going is likely not helping in such matters. In a best case scenario there may well be at least one replaced vital organ in his body if he ever cuts the cake for his 80th

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

70 today! :birthday:

:birthday: to one of my favourite nutters!

Aye, sad news indeed.

On 11/12/2018 at 15:31, gcreptile said:

Lee Kerslake, given 8 months to live, now that his prostate cancer has spread to his bones:

https://metalheadzone.com/ex-ozzy-osbourne-drummer-doctor-gave-me-about-eight-months-to-live/

DL Cup 2019 March ‘hit’.  Consider the source on this one.

8 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

So, his final chart placing could be well up in the DDP Drop 40, then

Pedigree's strong enough to give him broadsheet obits, surely

Oh he's on my and everyone else's DDP team now.  Guess that means no advantage but only disadvantage for not having him.  Kinda like Leah Brack.... hey....hey wait a minute.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Well, there's this source as well, which is pretty reputable on reporting music even if they are a shitty paper...

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, there's this source as well, which is pretty reputable on reporting music even if they are a shitty paper...

I meant consider ME as the only source you need to feel utmost confidence the man is dead in March.  I won’t fail you young Joey.  

Ozzy burst a blood vessel in his eye by coughing.

Ozzy Osbourne forced to postpone UK and European tour due to illness   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47058651

6 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Ozzy Osbourne forced to postpone UK and European tour due to illness https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47058651

Yeah, tell me about it

Double header with Priest as well. No guarantee that as and when the postponed dates get re-arranged the mighty metal warriors of Walsall will be available to support him. Bit gutted, frankly though I'll weep away from my ticket (which is now required for exchange with the new date)

Burst blood vessel and heavy cough...

High blood pressure and lung damage?

A sign of things to come?

I really think the committee should consider him in 2020 if he’s still alive then...

9 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I really think the committee should consider him in 2020 if he’s still alive then...

Got to agree he is certainly on a downward spiral, his body is packing in which is hardly surprising given the amount of Booze and Drugs he has consumed over the years. 

I cant see him still being around in 3 or 4 years time but I think he will see out the year to survive what he has over the years he is clearly a survivor and he will put up a fight before sniffing it, think he will go sometime in 2021

On 31/01/2019 at 09:13, gcreptile said:

High blood pressure and lung damage?

It's only because I'm a bettor and not a doctor that I would estimate Osbourne's creatophosphokinase levels to be elevated from muscle damage. Lung damage could lead to a pulmonary embolism. High blood pressure is a contributing factor, especially if it was high enough to require hospitalization.

2 minutes ago, Torva Messor said:

Lung damage could lead to a pulmonary embolism.

Sort of right, but usually lung damage is caused by a pulmonary embolism, not the other way around.  Most common cause of pulmonary embolism is a thrombus thrown from the legs.