7 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

"the affects of his injury were clear as he carefully maneuvered himself off the pavement"

Who writes this pish?

• Like 1

Billy Connolly said he had Parkinson's years ago and still going on. Then again he wasn't a crazy rocker with drug issues and Sharon for a wife.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ladyfiona said:

Billy Connolly said he had Parkinson's years ago and still going on. Then again he wasn't a crazy rocker with drug issues and Sharon for a wife.

Agree - I felt the same about the pile on Paul Sinha 

31 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

The issue isn't so much his death (which is likely at some point). It means the tour dates he's put back multiple times are likely never going to happen. Whilst he hasn't outright said that. Also he currently can't fly abroad (he didn't come over with Sharon for panto season, which he normally does). I think someone on here had tickets for him; they're unlikely to ever see him live now....

Glad I saw him a few years ago (although left early, I might regret that....)

All though there's no doubt a billion other issues with Ozzy that could kill him long before the parkinsons.... 

As he points out himself though - it ain't terminal any more than life is terminal...

"There's so many different types of Parkinson's," she said. "It's not a death sentence by any stretch of the imagination, but it does affect certain nerves in your body. And it's like you have a good day, a good day, and then a really bad day."

Ozzy added: "It's been terribly challenging for us all. I did my last show New Year's Eve at The Forum in 2018. Then I had a bad fall. I had to have surgery on my neck, which screwed all my nerves."

I don’t think he has the strength to fight this disease for years, especially with his other problems. Time will tell

3 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

I don’t think he has the strength to fight this disease for years, especially with his other problems. Time will tell

I've heard this about Ozzy time after time

Just listened / watched the tv interview. Once you cut through both of their tears/attention seeking etc.....ok...I get he is a bit poorly...but no need to check the obits for a few years IMHO .

3 hours ago, grobler said:

Just listened / watched the tv interview. Once you cut through both of their tears/attention seeking etc.....ok...I get he is a bit poorly...but no need to check the obits for a few years IMHO .

It's not attention seeking, he's giving up something he's dedicated his entire life too and not out of choice.... 

• Like 2

Ozzy

is he cool or not that is the question

The Osbournes don't seem to do well when it comes with neurological disorders because Jack Osbourne has relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis - diagnosed 2013.

If Ozzy keeps falling over, he might not be a bad pick for a future year.

On 22/01/2020 at 16:02, paddyfool said:

If Ozzy keeps falling over, he might not be a bad pick for a future year.

Agreed, although I'd give it a while

The actual quote away from the headlines:

“Do I ever think about when my time’s gonna come?” he ponders. “I think about it; I don’t worry about it. I won’t be here in another 15 years or whatever, not that much longer, but I don’t dwell on it. It’s gonna happen to us all.

“Am I happy now? No. I haven’t got my health,” he continues. “That thing knocked the shit out of me, man, but I’m still here. In fact, I worried about [death] more when I was younger than I do now. I just try to enjoy things as much as possible, even though that’s so fucking hard sometimes.”

Philosophical rather than prediction!

Yet Pam Anderson lives, 17 years after giving the same estimate. Starting to think famous people don't have an app telling them when they'll die. Disappointed.

• Haha 2

Just sad that old timers like Elton John and Ozzy wants a final tour but fails to complete them. Looks like Ozzy is soon to be paid a visit by the Reaper.

4 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

It isn't exactly something you recover from either, lol.

On 20/02/2020 at 12:41, Bentrovato said:

Clarification.

My parkinson's isn't a death sentence but here's a living memorial service video to my song about not wanting to die, but inevitable being about to......