A mystery really, sometimes I can see him living for a few more years - sometimes it feels like he will drop dead by tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObakeFilter said:

A mystery really, sometimes I can see him living for a few more years - sometimes it feels like he will drop dead by tomorrow.

As usual, you'd suspect it'll be between the two - he's got mileage on the clock above and beyond his birth certificate, no amount of the best doctors money can buy will currently arrest his neurodegenerative problem or replace the brain cells blitzed when he got blitzed. 

His family will use any experimental medicine available to make sure he is still able to perform concerts for another decade.

46 minutes ago, JoeMoneypenny said:

His family will use any experimental medicine available to make sure he is still able to perform concerts for another decade.

That's begging a sweepstake - I've outed myself here as someone who held tickets for three cancelled O2 shows supported by Judas Priest. They've sold the fourth date, me and my date ducked booking it - not convinced there's medication out there that'll help him sustain a proper tour.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Too weak to perform, retires from touring.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64481933

But reading between the lines, retirement will probably help his health somewhat. I don't think he's popping his clogs just yet.

Aye, and my mate and I who opted to pass on the fourth attempt to stage his tour with Judas Priest aren't chasing refunds this time, which is good for our health.

• Haha 2

Might be going to the ballet soon, Sabs and Carlos Acosta (who is summat of a major star in the ballet world) have announced a pairing that puts the classic sounds behind a new production. 

_128541174_blacksabbaththeballetsofialia

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Might be going to the ballet soon, Sabs and Carlos Acosta (who is summat of a major star in the ballet world) have announced a pairing that puts the classic sounds behind a new production. 

_128541174_blacksabbaththeballetsofialia

And this belongs in the Ozzy Osbourne thread, why?

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

And this belongs in the Ozzy Osbourne thread, why?

Ermm, well maybe because he co-wrote the eight Sabs classics that form the backbone of the soundtrack and it'll likely keep him in some cash if he can't tour. You're aware he was in Black Sabbath for the first decade and joined a reformed line up earlier this century before joining again for the final tour, right?

4 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Ermm, well maybe because he co-wrote the eight Sabs classics that form the backbone of the soundtrack and it'll likely keep him in some cash if he can't tour. You're aware he was in Black Sabbath for the first decade and joined a reformed line up earlier this century before joining again for the final tour, right?

Oh. Sabs = Black Sabbath. That's the part I didn't understand. Never heard it being abbreviated to that.

You announcing that you're going to the ballet is still extra curricular.

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Oh. Sabs = Black Sabbath. That's the part I didn't understand. Never heard it being abbreviated to that.

You announcing that you're going to the ballet is still extra curricular.

Is it fuck extra curricular - we've established hereabouts over the years that it's relevant to discuss career changes/money making schemes for those aged and increasingly incapacitated types we're studying with regard to form. Clearly the original Sabs (commonly used abbreviation btw) include two former members (Ozzy and Bill) for whom long-term health is a concern. Both obitable and both likely to remain alive longer if the Sabs brand is managed in ways that keep the income flowing and reduce their levels of stress. 

7 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Is it fuck extra curricular - we've established hereabouts over the years that it's relevant to discuss career changes/money making schemes for those aged and increasingly incapacitated types we're studying with regard to form. Clearly the original Sabs (commonly used abbreviation btw) include two former members (Ozzy and Bill) for whom long-term health is a concern. Both obitable and both likely to remain alive longer if the Sabs brand is managed in ways that keep the income flowing and reduce their levels of stress. 

Keep the income flowing? Reduce the levels of stress? :lol:

Black Sabbath are one of the most successful British rock bands of all time. I don't think the extra income from a new ballet is going to have any effect on their longevity or health somehow, particularly Ozzy who is a multi multi millionaire already.

With David Crosby's death, Sabbath's original line up must be the most WTF 60s band to still have a full breathing quartet? I'm aware Ronnie Dio and Geoff Nichols are no more, but they weren't part of the classic line up. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Keep the income flowing? Reduce the levels of stress? :lol:

Black Sabbath are one of the most successful British rock bands of all time. I don't think the extra income from a new ballet is going to have any effect on their longevity or health somehow, particularly Ozzy who is a multi multi millionaire already.

FFS, they signed the same shit contracts most of their contemporaries signed meaning some of their highest earning records earned them - personally - a lot less than you think and their own inability (especially that of Ozzy) to regulate their lives and therefore their spending didn't help. Older and wiser they've brought their business affairs under control (Sharon's mastery of managing the Ozzy brand being a master-class in such behaviour). One major strength here is the value of the back catalogue, especially the first half dozen albums made by the original quartet. Another useful element in those is that some albums - Vol 4 and Paranoid for example - cite the whole band as writers of the whole album, meaning Geezer (who actually wrote many of the words sung by Ozzy) and Bill earn equal shares. They are rich by most standards but like many their age they face earning drops if the main income - touring - is done and if streaming produces less income than physical back catalogue sales. This ballet is an eye-catching and innovative little detour from the way many in their position manage the post-touring income (i.e. it isn't video game use of a track, movies or a deluxe reissue that scrapes the tapes for every remaining unissued snippet of them tuning up and arguing in the studio). 

• Like 3

Planning to move back to England so the paparazzi stop photographing Ozzy going in and out of doctors offices.

He could very well be next year's no. 50 on the official DL, following Shane MacGowan's inevitable demise.

About time Ozzy makes a return.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Another "I should be dead" piece:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/ozzy-osbourne-says-should-died-31515851

He has back surgery planned in the near future.

He says he's "battling through" after his more recent health challenges.

However both him and his son appear to be far better than most people would have predicted 5 years ago.