Cowboy Ronnie

Greatest Deaths Ever

Michael Hutchence, Stephen Milligan and others who died w@nking

And personally speaking, the bloke in the seat in front of me on a BA flight 1 year ago. I don't know if he was famous or not, but that's the one I'll remember the most probably.

Did he die wanking too?

:)

I thought both Hutchence and Milligan died from asphxiation while carrying out a five knuckle shuffle test.

That made me chuckle out loud, despite my massive headache. Thank you :)

Guest Guest

Personal Candidates:

1. George Santayana

2. Joseph Stalin

3. Juan Peron

4. Joseph McCarthy

5. Elvis Presley

6. Anna Nicole Smith

7. Sergei Prokofiev

8. Albert Einstein

9. Arturo Toscanini

10. Walter Winchel

Those are my candidates above.

And personally speaking, the bloke in the seat in front of me on a BA flight 1 year ago. I don't know if he was famous or not, but that's the one I'll remember the most probably.

Did he die wanking too?

I thought both Hutchence and Milligan died from asphxiation while carrying out a five knuckle shuffle test.

Indeed. Surprised that they died as I believe that they were in good hands........

Did he die wanking too?

one man's wank is another man's five knuckle shuffle test

Did he die wanking too?

quite possibly

it was in business class, which is full of them ..

I think that, to date, my favourite death is that of Alexander Scriabin, who was an early 20C Russian composer. He was a megalomaniac and believed that he was going to bring about the end of the world with his composition Mysterium: Preparation for the Final Mystery, which involved (among other things) bells hanging from clouds (if I remember correctly from my undergrad days, which I do).

+

Before this thread goes off at too much of a tangent, could it be stressed that 'Greatest' in the context of this thread title refers to 'important or highly significant' rather than 'favourite', 'humorous' or 'done to death before.'

=

Hm. :)

It seems to me that what constitutes "important or highly significant" can be interpreted variously. On a personal level, Scriabin's death is far more significant to me than JFK's. I appreciate that sounds flippant, but I don't intend it to be so. Perhaps the latter's death was important as it was a high profile assassination, but other than that, and aside from the consipiracy theorists who tend to hype things up, I don't buy into it being the most important death ever simply because the media tell me it should be so. I'm not an American citizen. Scriabin's death, other the other hand, had far more of an influence on me given how and when I learned about it.

On a broader level, the man was attempting to bring about the end of civilisation for chrissakes! Surely his death is tremendously significant! I mean come on: who knows what things would be like if he'd succeeded. (There wouldn't have been a JFK assassination, for one thing.) And let's face it, he was definitely onto something... bells hanging from clouds? A winner if ever there was one.

Did he die wanking too?

"Cark"?, "Wanking"? Ah, Handrejka, these are obviously Manx words which you have picked up! What a truly beautiful tongue!

Did he die wanking too?

"Cark"?, "Wanking"? Ah, Handrejka, these are obviously Manx words which you have picked up! What a truly beautiful tongue!

Knowing how some peoples minds work ( not mine of course ) that was innuendo at its very finest. :)

Did he die wanking too?

Knowing how some peoples minds work ( not mine of course ) that was innuendo at its very finest. :P

Apologies, I know this is totally irrelevent to this thread, but LFN I love you're F n' F avatar, another character with dubious morals and a deadly sense of humour :)

Did he die wanking too?

Knowing how some peoples minds work ( not mine of course ) that was innuendo at its very finest. :P

Apologies, I know this is totally irrelevent to this thread, but LFN I love you're F n' F avatar, another character with dubious morals and a deadly sense of humour :)

Oh I dont know about relevence.

Im sure somebody ever so slightly famous has died looking like Mr F.

I somehow imagine that the "Pretty boy" that was Michael Hutchence died with his basque on.

Did he die wanking too?

Oh I dont know about relevence.

Im sure somebody ever so slightly famous has died looking like Mr F.

I somehow imagine that the "Pretty boy" that was Michael Hutchence died with his basque on.

I like your thinking....hutchence3.jpg But seriously he doesn't have the figure :lol:

Oh, Im sure there is a basque to fit every shape and size, I mean, one fitted m..........

Nearly gave it away.

Secret!! :)

Oh, Im sure there is a basque to fit every shape and size, I mean, one fitted m..........

Nearly gave it away.

Secret!! :P

Errr....I believe you 450px-Basques_Memorial.jpg, here's a memorial one :)

Forget JFK, I reckon Rod Hull's topple from the roof whilst attempting to fix the aerial is the one death where everyone remembers where they were when they heard the news...

Superb death! Excellent call BHB. :huh:

Jesus Christ

Didn't Elvis die taking a dump, that's quite legendary.

But did he?

But did he?

Hmmm I may speculate on him for 2008 then on the DDP!

John Lennon is also covered by the above criteria. Elderly Scottish actor Ian Bannen also died, like Desmond Llewellyn, in a car crash.

i would think grace kelly was among one of the most liked and famous togo before her time

Before this thread goes off at too much of a tangent, could it be stressed that 'Greatest' in the context of this thread title refers to 'important or highly significant' rather than 'favourite', 'humorous' or 'done to death before.'

Well then it's probably going to be the death of old arch duke Franz Ferdinand - or Martin Luther King, if we're going to be sensible...

Quite right guest, the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand led to the deaths of more than 9 million people. Surely that makes it the death which had the greatest consequences.

well what about the dictator who killed the most people of his own country? to my mind stalin or hitler ranks highest on this one with wars and own contrymen

How about Jesus! surely his so called death has led to countless amounts of suffering, pain and death all in his and his fathers name. Apparently he also died for our sins aswell believe me if you go just on mine he must have been carrying a bloody big burden.

Whether Jesus 'died' or not it's the most significant death since it's central to christian belief that he did die and was raised from the dead. No death has had more significance in history, nor is any death likely to as far as anyone can see.

Then again, the recent sacking of Neil McDonald as Carlisle manager is making a few waves.