Anubis the Jackal

Dave Davies

Dave Davies (brother of Ray) From The Kinks has had a series of strokes. Details are patchy, but worth watching for next year.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Don't forget about Mike Tyson, he surely will wrap himself around a tree one day in one of his Ferrairs

Good going.

Stick a random Mike Tyson reference in anywhere, why don't you ?

Ever looked at the subject headings ??

After that whipping from Williams, Tyson probably thinks he is Dave Davies... but I think even he will be struggling to find one of his "Ferrairs".

Oh the joy of slapping down poor postings :rip:

Anyone with even half an interest should see this Kinks documentary before iplayer nixes it. Elegiac, especially for an ex-north Londoner like me. I wrote several of my, ahem, best songs in a house directly above the bridge shown at 39:55. Ray's a witty and genial host too - thank you for the days, Davies.

Anyone with even half an interest should see this Kinks documentary before iplayer nixes it. Elegiac, especially for an ex-north Londoner like me. I wrote several of my, ahem, best songs in a house directly above the bridge shown at 39:55. Ray's a witty and genial host too - thank you for the days, Davies.

Just watched it and it was very interesting, but a bit weird how he sees himself as never exisiting...little mention of his brother though, shame...

Awesome documentary IMHO, but one thing I hadn't noticed before. That DD guitar solo in All Day and All of the Night...it really is awesome and he misses a load of notes, of his guitar is out of tune. Kinda works in the unholy mess, until you stop and listen to it. Three years later he played beautifully on songs like Waterloo Sunset.

Thanks for the post Harry, missed it on the box, great documentary.

Ray Davies moves in with his neighbour

She being one Marjorie Wallace, 66, founder of the mental health charity SANE, former mistress of Lord Snowdon, who according to the article "divides her time between her husband, Polish psychoanalyst Count Andrzej Skarbek, 85, and her long-time partner, London Weekend Television founder Tom Margerison, 87".

Rumours are circulating that Ray Davies is seeing Liz Jones, if it's true it's proof that he must be totall off his rocker. Really hope it's not true I'd even rather he was dead.

Rumours are circulating that Ray Davies is seeing Liz Jones, if it's true it's proof that he must be totall off his rocker. Really hope it's not true I'd even rather he was dead.

Just read her Wikipedia entry. Perhaps he's just took pity on her. Mind you, Ray does have form with journos. Remember Chrissie Hynde?

I don't believe it. Liz Jones is a mad old bat and her "rock star lover" is all in what passes for her mind. I truly thought the ghastly creature was a spoof for years.

I thought the legendary "rock star boyfriend" was Jim Kerr?

I also hate myself for knowing this.

Not as much as she hates herself for being knobbed by him!

Jim Kerr AND Ray Davies? Yet another Chrissie Hynde connection there.

Reunion on for Glastonbury next year.

Fair to say Anubis jumped the gun a little with this thread?

He got better. It happens.

So Ray Davies is talking up reunion.

I wonder which of Ray or Dave is terminally ill then...

On 06/11/2016 at 14:18, msc said:

He got better. It happens.

How appropriate for the original sub-heading of this thread 'You Nearly Got Me'.  :D

• Like 1

Dave and Ray Davies pictured yesterday according to Dave's Twitter. Is it just me or does Dave not look really well considering his previous health issues? 

E8286URXoAE3fi_.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

On 16/08/2021 at 15:07, Deathrace said:

Dave and Ray Davies pictured yesterday according to Dave's Twitter. Is it just me or does Dave not look really well considering his previous health issues? 

E8286URXoAE3fi_.jpeg.jpg

He looks better than he did a few months ago tbh.

They both look like old men now, but then, that's better than the alternative.

37268018-9088237-image-a-3_1608947109066.jpg