Stayin Alive

Should Typhoid Harry have the poison frog avatar ?

Should Typhoid Harry have the yellow poison frog avatar ?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, what 'cha think? Do you want to see the Yeti's original ice monster back? I do, that frog is too boring.

Yes, I must admit, I did enjoy seeing the Ice Monster, and now he's gone - I miss him so much!

Come on Yeti, bring life back to the hairy one!

DWB :ph34r:

Directive 1 from DLHQ:

Yeti!

Using all the authority I have on this board I demand the return of the ice monster avatar.

GR

Have you had a close look at the frog ...

Is that the lesser-spotted-skull-and-crossbones toad from some obscure southern hemisphere country??

Now I have to admit that I missed that. I think you might of added that skull and crossbones after my poll was launched!

Nah, 'twas always there.

I nicked from an email sent to me ... given that every one else seems to have dead cool avatars, I thought I'd better have one too.

But the original hairy monster is still available for a comeback, if that's what popular demand wants.

Now tell me where he came from ...

Guest Schadenfreude82

Just perusing your site, very nice, but your list is full of old people. Why not a side list of like 10 people under 50 who are living dangerously? It'd be an even more interesting twist.

Your humble servant

Schadenfreude82

Cooooool frog, why not get it tatoo'd to the hairy monsters chest? :ph34r:

Dear Yeti

Anyone for a lemon flavoured snow cone?

Mr Stats

(I've got kids - for those of you without, it's Monsters Inc)

(also incidentally, I don't have a dead cool avatar - Mr Staying Alive gave me that without even a by the way - I am available for upgrades)

You who call yourself Yeti,

The frog is cool. You may be wise to keep it.

On a side note, the 'Blue Peter' tortoise has been returned to your world. I was concerned that when DM arrives he would mistake it for one of those crunchy meat pies you earthlings appear so fond of.

Oh what it is to have the ear of god :ph34r:

Hey, God, thanks for giving us back the shell type creature, now what about Karon? By the way that Doomsday disc isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Nah, 'twas always there.

I nicked from an email sent to me ... given that every one else seems to have dead cool avatars, I thought I'd better have one too.

But the original hairy monster is still available for a comeback, if that's what popular demand wants.

Now tell me where he came from ...

Major bump, sorry, I was bored. Wanted to PM the Yeti asking to use the frog avatar and discovered an interesting tidbit; Yeti is not on the members list. Am I being dense?

Harry, sorry, it's bad news. I'm afraid you are.

[Harry - Yeti goes by his formal name "The Yeti" - GR]

I'm still here !

Reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated :rip:

As I bowed to popular demand of 78 % and reinstated the Yeti avatar, I've changed the poll to a new question.

Waddya think ?

At the risk of showing myself up as some sort of bumptious Johnny-come-lately, I (and probably others) have never seen the avatar in question.

I would be wracked with self-loathing were I to recommend the image, only to later discover it to be unsuitable in some fashion. Can we get a butcher's at it please?

I thought someone would ask.

As there appears to be no way to load pictures up into messages (is this a setting that can be changed ?), I've changed my avatar for the time being. Ribbit.

Hmmm - cant see the setting to allow this other than a link, however a bit of tweaking...

Heres the frog in its full glory...

frog.jpg

Perhaps Yeti should auction this fine avatar off on Ebay :rip:

Good lord, I feel like such a charity case... :rip: And a dense charity case, at that.

I think he should thumb his nose at the arsenic amphibian avatar and go for laptop loon's. I never could work out what it was.

I had an ex who was a toxicologist and during the course of the relationship I heard a lot about this particular amphibian. Consequently, I knew exactly what the beginning of this thread was referring to, and so thought it would be fitting.

O.K. that's my pitch, I won't do any thing till the polls close...

Still feeling rather un-original, but didn't want to go find a pic on my own without asking the forum.

Does "-ex" and "toxicologist" alarm anyone?

Almost as much as the discussions about poison frogs that seems to have cropped up during the relationship.

Lets review the evidence.

Toxicologist -> poison frogs -> ex.

I can sense a link there somewhere.... :rip: