Dead O'Gonner

Darwin Awards

Three storm chasers killed in a car crash because of chasing that storm a little too fast:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/3-storm-chasers-killed-in-crash-as-storms-roar-through-southern-plains/ar-BByYgAy

One of them made it onto Wikipedia's Deaths of 2017 list because of her reports for the Weather Channel.

Usually cougars land on all fours.....but not this time.

A student fell four stories in the Tanner Building on Brigham Young University's (BYU) campus in Salt Lake City, Utah.

She landed in the atrium of the building around 9 a.m. (doesn't say when she started falling, just sayin...)........
.....and was transported to Utah Valley Hospital in critical condition.  A preliminary investigation and it is ongoing.
SC

Good idea, poor execution.

A man died Tuesday morning after he was shot and taken to the old Tennova Physician's Regional Medical Center hospital, which permanently closed Friday, Dec. 28,

911 dispatchers received a call around 4:15 a.m.Tuesday from security at the former hospital.  When officers arrived, they saw a silver Toyota Camry and three people at the front door of the hospital, one of whom had been shot.  He died due to his injuries.
SC

A woman was killed Thursday in an accident involving her own vehicle in a Medford bank parking lot.

At 10:30 a.m. Thursday, a woman was leaving her vehicle in the parking lot of Banner Bank at 2600 E. Barnett Road when it rolled backward, knocked her down, rolled over her and pinned her to the ground, according to a Medford police report.

The woman’s name has not been released.
SC

A University of Georgia sprinter was impaled by a javelin during practice.

Elija Godwin was reportedly doing a backwards spring drill when he backed into a javelin sticking up out of the ground.  The javelin went through Godwin’s back and punctured his lung. He was rushed to the hospital with part of the javelin still in his chest. The rest of it was sawed off by paramedics when he was loaded into the ambulance.  Godwin went into emergency surgery at the hospital.

Godwin’s mother said he made it through surgery and was breathing on his own. She said he has a collapsed lung and will likely be out for the season, despite being expected to make a full recovery.

Oh how I want a video of that one.  
SC

This thread is born in response to numerous posts suggesting and/or asking why we don’t have a Darwin Award thread.  Now we do!

It should be limited to self-inflicted stupidity, which separates it from the Ironic Deaths or Interesting Ways to Die.threads.

So lets get this party started.  With an unnamed person, just to be obtuse.

Three women who went tubing entered the South Platte River and were floating east on the river..  After some time they came to a low head dam in the river that diverts water from the river.  The parties talked, and two of the parties decided to exit the river and go around the dam. The third party decided to go over the dam and continue east in the river.

The pair who walked around the dam saw the victim go under the water and not come up for some time.  When they saw her come up she was floating in the river unresponsive.

Her name had not been released prior to publication.

SC

There's this one as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

There's this one as well.

You just beat me to it.

The original descriptive title was: People can be stupid, some of them prove it in how they die.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

The original descriptive title was: People can be stupid, some of them prove it in how they die.

Might be an idea to retitle it as Darwin Awards, use that ^ as a subtitle, and add SC's latest contribution.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Threads merged. 

Thanks, @Paul Bearer.  Could the title be changed to Darwin Awards so that it shows up better in a search for such? 
I notice Sir Creep had previously made several posts in the thread, presumably forgot it existed, and failed to find it under "darwin".

Edited by Paul Bearer
Name changed.

I should say at the outset that nobody died, but ....

Yesterday a resident of our village decided that it would be a good idea to get rid of all his garden waste by having a bonfire on the edge of a stubble field.

I think you can guess what happened next.

46 minutes ago, Toast said:

I should say at the outset that nobody died, but ....

Yesterday a resident of our village decided that it would be a good idea to get rid of all his garden waste by having a bonfire on the edge of a stubble field.

I think you can guess what happened next.

You went over and kicked him hard in the bollocks?

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You went over and kicked him hard in the bollocks?

Nah, I think the police did that when they turned up, along with six fire engines from 3 counties.  47 acres had already gone up in smoke though.

I think the farm manager was next in the queue, as the fields had already been drilled and sown.

13 hours ago, Toast said:

Nah, I think the police did that when they turned up, along with six fire engines from 3 counties.  47 acres had already gone up in smoke though.

I think the farm manager was next in the queue, as the fields had already been drilled and sown.

Unreal!:facepalm:

The performer who was in critical condition after being burned in a shed fire has died,  The woman’s identity has not been released.

On Feb 11 fire and rescue responded to a fire in Kensington. The adult woman who passed away was in critical condition with significant burns, and an adult man had non-life threatening injuries on his arms and hands.  On Feb 12 the Fire Chief tweeted that it’s probable the woman was using kerosene to douse her baton, when it ignited and caught her clothing on fire.

SC

Ice fisherman drops phone - dives in after it.

This could only happen in Detroit.

SC

• Like 1