Dead O'Gonner

Darwin Awards

Since this was the Oscar weekend, here's another award we ourself are familiar with. Remember Covid-19??!

Yes,still around making victims but as Donald Trump said before, eat some horse paste and you're free from the desease. No matter what doctors said, some idiots still think Ivermectin was the answer we were all waiting for. Alas...

Ivermectin Influencer Dies From Ivermectin Use

Just before 7 am on March 3, Danny Lemoi posted an update in his hugely popular pro-ivermectin Telegram group, Dirt Road Discussions: “HAPPY FRIDAY ALL YOU POISONOUS HORSE PASTE EATING SURVIVORS !!!”

Hours later, Lemoi was dead.

laughing-horse.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Since this was the Oscar weekend, here's another award we ourself are familiar with. Remember Covid-19??!

Yes,still around making victims but as Donald Trump said before, eat some horse paste and you're free from the desease. No matter what doctors said, some idiots still think Ivermectin was the answer we were all waiting for. Alas...

Ivermectin Influencer Dies From Ivermectin Use

laughing-horse.jpg

In the interest of some sort of balance, I would says that the article you link to is as inaccurate as the bullshit that the pro-ivermectin crowd spout. Its bollocks but at the other end of the spectrum.

It seems that he died of heart failure after swelling of the heart- so presumably some sort of dilated cardiomyopathy. Without giving any sort of credence to the nutters who take self-prescribed Ivermectin, there is no evidence that Ivermectin caused the heart disease in this particular idiot. There are some cardiac side effects of Ivermectin use, mainly involving tachycardia or low blood pressure. I am open to correction on this, but I don't there is any evidence it causes cardiomyopathy.

Another article on this guy mentions that he had started taking Ivermectin years ago to treat himself for a Lyme Disease infection and had continued to use it. Given that Lyme disease can cause dilated cardiomyopathy, it is far more likely that that is what killed him rather than the Ivermectin use. Pure speculation on my part without more details, but at least it is speculation based on some scientific evidence, rather than the rubbish in that article.

In a way, I suppose the Ivermectin had an indirect effect in killing him. But a more accurate headline would be "Ivermectin Influencer dies from ignoring his existing heart condition, because he felt that Ivermectin would strengthen his heart". I guess that wouldn't generate as many clicks though.

While it is really important to call out these bullshit merchants who promote the off-label use of medicines with no data to prove their efficacy, it is also important that it is done in a calm and science-based way. Because Ivermectin is a drug which has uses in human medicine, and it is important that people who might actually need to take it are not scared off from doing so because of sensationalised headlines like the one on that article. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

Another winner!

Sovereign citizen with a false number plate thought he could get away with it.

Fuck around and find out.

The whole ‘sovereign citizen’ thing is a U.S. concept.  It’s great listening to people who believe it.  FWIW when I worked at the jail I had a few defendants who were preparing to march into court armed with their sovereign argument.  I enabled them by giving them all the paperwork they needed if that’s what they wanted to do. It can be convincing to the dim-witted.  A judge, not so much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaDeathGuy said:

13 years old. Once again, the party at fault here is the parents.

I disagree. Kids can be sleekit little fuckers.

• Shocked 1

On 25/04/2023 at 08:41, gcreptile said:

Canadian "actor" Saint von Colucci dies after 12 plastic surgeries he had to look like a K-Pop star:

https://www.tmz.com/2023/04/24/actor-dies-12-plastic-surgeries-bts-star-jimin-upcoming-show/

In a shocking twist of events, it turns out that not only is "Saint von Colucci" not dead, he's not even a real person.

The story was a hoax. The Daily Mail fell for it, then TMZ copied it. 

https://www.tmz.com/2023/04/27/canadian-actor-saint-von-colucci-jimin-bts/

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Somehow I beat Whitehouse to this.

Death by electrically charged ping pong-ball sex toy (???): https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-killed-sex-toy-electrocuted-29982693

Read the article for the very complicated setup.

"Such autoerotic fatalities constitute a distinct subcategory of accidental autoerotic death."

Not a phrase you hear every day!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

"Such autoerotic fatalities constitute a distinct subcategory of accidental autoerotic death."

Indeed, how many subcategories auf autoerotic fatalities are there??

56 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Somehow I beat Whitehouse to this.

Death by electrically charged ping pong-ball sex toy (???): https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-killed-sex-toy-electrocuted-29982693

Read the article for the very complicated setup.

Rather confused reporting, but I believe the ping pong ball is innocent.

"There was also a one-handed electric massage machine – clearly used :unsure: - next to him which he had been using on his privates, with a ping-pong ball up his bum.  His death was ruled as “accidental fatal electrocution” after the massage machine failed and left him with signs of burns on his penis."

28 minutes ago, Toast said:

I believe the ping pong ball is innocent.

Well it was maybe innocent when he got it out of the box but

29 minutes ago, Toast said:

with a ping-pong ball up his bum.

it learnt quickly!

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

He fucked up, basically.

32 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Well it was maybe innocent when he got it out of the box but

it learnt quickly!

I meant innocent in the criminal sense, not the virginal sense :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone left a petangue ball too close to an open fire. These things are closed balls and when they heat up they effectively react as granades. One Dutch guy was quite unlucky to be hit by shrapnel and died today.

• Like 2

A woman in Indiana, by drinking too much water:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12369573/Indiana-mom-35-dies-drinking-WATER-guzzling-equivalent-four-bottles-20-minutes.html

After dehydration and a day at the lake, "No amount of watercould satisfy her". She collapsed in the garage shortly after.

Not the first case, but now I understand it. And now I know, four bottles in 20 minutes is too much.

• Like 1

Looks like its wiki page needs to be updated for another death.

• Like 1