football_fan

Owen Wilson

Actor Owen Wilson attempted to commit suicide by swallowing a bottle of pills and slashing his wrists.

link

[ Moved from Ideas and Possibilities thread - ff ]

Poor old Owen, must be tough at the top.

Call me Iain, apologies FF. I am mental, please delete as necessary.

Edited by Gunjaman5000

An interesting one. You can't help but feel his best days on screen are behind him, he's been dumped by Kate Hudson, and he's just not that funny anymore.

His career probably peaked with Anaconda.

Get with the programme guys, once he survives this cry for help the best-selling autobiography and those more adult and introspective cameos in the meaningful films are just around the corner.

Suicide attempt or shrewd career move, hmm?

Get with the programme guys, once he survives this cry for help the best-selling autobiography and those more adult and introspective cameos in the meaningful films are just around the corner.

Suicide attempt or shrewd career move, hmm?

I don't imagine he'll be casted in roles requiring short sleeved shirts if that's the case.

edit: Clucking bell, last time I try to be proactive! Could someone please delete either the post beneath, or the whole thread? Whichever is easiest, I've put you out enough already.

another edit: Thanks V much!!!

I hope he didn't try to top himself over Kate Hudson, who seems a real piece of work. Gets married when she's 11 to a rock singer more famous for his drug habits than anything his band ever sung. Then she goes for the ultimate Hollywood cliche of sleeping with a co-star as a way out of her marriage. Then, 5 mins after dumping Owen, she starts dating someone called Dax, whose claim to fame was being on Punk'd. Her kid will be seriously messed up when he's 14.

She's also a member of the curious clique of actresses who have won an Oscar in the last 10 years seemingly only because they're good looking, not for any particularly noteworthy performance or body of work. See also: Julia Roberts, Halle Berry, Gwynneth Paltrow, Kim Basinger, Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman, Charlize Theron, Reese Witherspoon, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Jennifer Connelly.

[Edit - it turns out she was only nominated, for but didn't win, best supporting actress.]

I hope he didn't try to top himself over Kate Hudson, who seems a real piece of work. Gets married when she's 11 to a rock singer more famous for his drug habits than anything his band ever sung. Then she goes for the ultimate Hollywood cliche of sleeping with a co-star as a way out of her marriage. Then, 5 mins after dumping Owen, she starts dating someone called Dax, whose claim to fame was being on Punk'd. Her kid will be seriously messed up when he's 14.

She's also a member of the curious clique of actresses who have won an Oscar in the last 10 years seemingly only because they're good looking, not for any particularly noteworthy performance or body of work. See also: Julia Roberts, Halle Berry, Gwynneth Paltrow, Kim Basinger, Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman, Charlize Theron, Reese Witherspoon, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Jennifer Connelly.

[Edit - it turns out she was only nominated, for but didn't win, best supporting actress.]

Id agree with 90% of what you have said CR except for lumping Charlize Theron in with the likes of Angelina Jolie regarding looks over talent.

Owen Wilson will make a comeback and reinvent himself as a serious actor.

Id agree with 90% of what you have said CR except for lumping Charlize Theron in with the likes of Angelina Jolie regarding looks over talent.

Owen Wilson will make a comeback and reinvent himself as a serious actor.

Fair point LFN, although I'd argue her make-up artist had as much to do with her winning the Oscar as she did. South Africans make fun of Charlize b/c she dropped her accent 5 mins after getting to Hollywood, so maybe she's more talented than the others listed above.

On the subject of Owen Wilson, according to moral authority Courtney Love it's all Steve Coogan's fault

takes one to know one

If you put your eyes up close to the screen and squint really hard there's a little line between the two lines of names that says; 'Hilary Swank is a complete dog but bloody hell, can she act.'

For some reason which I can't quite fathom, the delightful Courtney Love is blaming Steve Coogan for Owen Wilson's suicide attempt. His (Coogan's) brother Martin is a local radio DJ, and has been strenuously defending him this afternoon.

I suppose if I read the tabloid rags I might be able to make more sense of this story, but I can't be arsed, so I'll leave it to someone on this site to enlighten me further (that way it won't cost me owt!).

For some reason which I can't quite fathom, the delightful Courtney Love is blaming Steve Coogan for Owen Wilson's suicide attempt. His (Coogan's) brother Martin is a local radio DJ, and has been strenuously defending him this afternoon.

I suppose if I read the tabloid rags I might be able to make more sense of this story, but I can't be arsed, so I'll leave it to someone on this site to enlighten me further (that way it won't cost me owt!).

If you read the link in CR's post 3 above yours that might enlighten you :P.

Owen Wilson is seriously the blond fruit cake in practically every single movie he has ever been in.

According to the statistics ladies and gentleman about thirty percent of the time females are successful at the suicide procedure.

I think Owen Wilson is being a woman trying to slit his wrists all over Kate Hudson. I mean look I've been there and I know it's not easy, but with all the money he has in his bank account you would think he might be intelligent enough to actually recognize that there are probably thousands of women dieing to be with him.

I think Owen Wilson is being a woman trying to slit his wrists all over Kate Hudson. I mean look I've been there and I know it's not easy

What? Being a woman, or slitting your wrists over Kate Hudson?

I mean look I've been there and I know it's not easy, but with all the money he has in his bank account you would think he might be intelligent enough to actually recognize that there are probably thousands of women dieing to be with him.

Could this be a repeat of the Diana/Camilla argument? <_<

Banshees, you are one of the most shallow people that I've ever had the misfortune to meet (albeit online).

Perhaps it hasn't occured to you that rather than just wanting a thing called 'wo-man', he wanted Kate Hudson.

As I've said before I've been through this sh*t of loving one woman, it's nothing more then a weakness. I think he should man up and face the facts, instead of trying to end his life.

Kate Hudson is no doubt very attractive, but it's not worth killing yourself over. In my life it wasn't always a walk through the park but I wasn't sitting in the corner chugging pills and slitting my wrist. I'll tell you that.

But the pills at this point might do him good.

As I've said before I've been through this sh*t of loving one woman, it's nothing more then a weakness. I think he should man up and face the facts, instead of trying to end his life.

Kate Hudson is no doubt very attractive, but it's not worth killing yourself over. In my life it wasn't always a walk through the park but I wasn't sitting in the corner chugging pills and slitting my wrist. I'll tell you that.

But the pills at this point might do him good.

Loving one woman is weakness? Interesting concept there, BS (btw, why the hell are you here?). Funny, my husband has loved me alone for almost 20 years and he's not weak - neither physically nor mentally. I don't think he would commit suicide over me, but he has things other than me to live for. Of course, he deserves to be loved back that way as well, and he is, which could be the difference between his situation and yours.

Owen Wilson and Kate Hudson break up again.

it ended well last time

His next move should clearly be to get together with Lindsay Lohan.

Or Amy Winehouse.

Kate Hudson is no doubt very attractive, but it's not worth killing yourself over.

What does that have to do with anything? Sometimes people cannot cope after breakups, and it has nothing to do with how atractive their ex-partners are. I might even go as far as to say that people fall in love with more than their partners looks.

I love it how you have "decided" she is not worth killing yourself over... so who is? Angelina Jolie? Jessica Alba? Eva Mendes? I wouldn't make a broad statement like that... people have killed themselves over much less attractive people than Kate Hudson, believe you me. I also think there's bound to be more to the Owen Wilson suicide bid than just breaking up with his girlfriend.

My two cents.

Or Amy Winehouse.

He'll have to fight Pete Doherty for her affections. I suppose it's too much to hope for those two to end up as a couple, because that would be one gene pool well worth preserving.

petenamyrc1.jpg

Or Amy Winehouse.

He'll have to fight Pete Doherty for her affections. I suppose it's too much to hope for those two to end up as a couple, because that would be one gene pool well worth preserving.

petenamyrc1.jpg

Are they swapping teeth?

Kate Hudson and Owen break up for the one millionth time.

Wedding crashed

She'll be dating another celeb by the summer, guaranteed. He should hook up with Jennifer Aniston, they're both desperate enough.