they're playing a medley of her hits on radio one right now.she did have a talent it has to be said

Be honest, how many people here cried when they heard the news?

they are reviewing her life now on channel 503

they're playing a medley of her hits on radio one right now.she did have a talent it has to be said

Nobody cares what you think.

Stop babbling a lot of shite.

Er, one, probably.

I get the definate impression you dont really like me for some reason... :)

I get the definate impression you dont really like me for some reason... :)

In other news, big hairy four legged beast defecates in densely forested area.

More like Elvis I would have thought. Winehouse's influence on the current music scene is currently sitting top the Album charts as we speak - all that 60s souls revival stuff was kicked off by her...

More like Elvis? You have got to be having a laugh. While I agree she did kick off the awful 60s soul revival crap in the charts, there was never anything unique or really even that iconic about her (yes, I know, sad chavs often copy her crappy eyeliner thing).

She's more a River Phoenix if anything else - showed talent, had real potential but went too soon for it to be truly realised and go down in history.

Worse part about this? ENDLESS. NEWS. COVERAGE. I'm predicting around 2 months in the news cycle.

She's more a River Phoenix if anything else - showed talent, had real potential but went too soon for it to be truly realised and go down in history.

I agree. She has joined a very long list of celebrities who died before reaching 30.

More like Elvis I would have thought. Winehouse's influence on the current music scene is currently sitting top the Album charts as we speak - all that 60s souls revival stuff was kicked off by her...

More like Elvis? You have got to be having a laugh. While I agree she did kick off the awful 60s soul revival crap in the charts, there was never anything unique or really even that iconic about her (yes, I know, sad chavs often copy her crappy eyeliner thing).

No, Michael Jackson's death, numbnuts!

she had talent but the talent sparked out too soon to be noticed because of her lifestyle overshadowing her career

her death is more comparable to jade goody's than anything else in my opinion (not saying jade goody is talented)

She was a news story as was jade goody. The only real difference in the death was jade goody gave us a warning before she died which allowed us to have more fun!

may seem selfish but I'm happy both of them are gone - one less news story to ignore once every two and a half weeks, and a lot less bullshit 'celebrity' reality shows!

Tell me, as someone completely out of touch with modern pop culture, was Winehouse part of the same party scene as Lohan, Spears et al?

Tell me, as someone completely out of touch with modern pop culture, was Winehouse part of the same party scene as Lohan, Spears et al?

Nah, not at all. She wasn't a "get your cunny out and pop bottles in the club" type, she was a proper heroin addict who shot up with junkies in rundown apartments.

It's time someone did the decent thing and gave the poor gal a thread of her own. I reckon she'll be keeping us busy for a while.

No real updates right now, apart from cancelling her 300th engagement in the past month.

When I start threads, death is sure to follow (within, say, four years).

Possibly a few who had dropped her from their DDP teams.

Guest Guest_Alex_*

I think there's a fundamental flaw in the way the Death List is made. Most of your 50 people are in their 80s and 90s. You're assuming that because they're old, they're going to die. But, if someone has got to 80, 85, 90 without drugging themselves to death or getting any of the real nasties, the cancers, the neurological stuff, they're probably going to go on for a while yet. You should have more of a mixture of the geriatric and the younger extreme lifestylers. I'm being wise after the event here obviously, but Amy Winehouse should have been in the list for the past five years. Doherty should be on the list.

Back to Black was good, but she should have got a lot better. She had talent. Stupid waste.

Not me, not that it wasn't sad but I was never a particular fan of hers and it had been on the cards for years, she seemed determined to piss her life away

In retrospect I can't believe that I didn't have her on my list when she reached the "magic" age of 27. Major oversight.

How long until Adele reaches 27 - perhaps she'll eat herself to death and take that turgid faux-soul with her.

I think it was suicide, she wanted to be a member of the exclusive 27 club.

Didn't cry... I however felt more sympathetic than I thought I would feel when she died.

Does that count?

Does this increase the chance of Linsay Lohan or Britney Speirs going on next years list?

Also , does anyone think t his is as big a death as Michael Jackson?

Only perhaps if she was an organ donor and they were the unfortunate recipients.

Secondly, no way, Jackson had a career spanning almost 40 years and was famous the world over. More hermetic Tibetan monks have likely heard of Jacko than they have of her

I think it was suicide, she wanted to be a member of the exclusive 27 club.

She was probably too fucked off her face to even grasp the concept of suicide, let alone contemplate it ;)

I was surprised when I heard, but not shocked (as I was with John Lennon). I was more shocked that the person who told me knew before I did.

I didn't cry.

She was talented, but that doesn't stop one from being either stupid or addicted. If I was a betting man (and there was a book open), I'd say accidental.

Anyway, isn't there a test match on?

As those of you who are my facebook friends will know, I've just had a look for Amy Winehouse autographs etc on ebay.

The bids and prices increased dramatically almost immediately after her death was announced.

Worse part about this? ENDLESS. NEWS. COVERAGE. I'm predicting around 2 months in the news cycle.

Wait till Thatcher or Mandela dies , you'll know all about it then!