harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

American Football Players

23 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Totally forgot about this discovery of mine.

Former Penn State running back Mike Gasparato passed away Thursday night following an extended battle with cancer, friends of his report. The sad news began making the rounds among former Nittany Lions Friday morning. Gasparato, who was 37, contracted the disease early last year.

SC

That’s half of my rejected Alt Obits names dead for me. However, he and 2 others wouldn’t have gotten an acceptable obit there, but it’s annoying to see how much more points I might’ve gotten if the other 8 went through, especially since only 2 of my replacements have died so far...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

That’s half of my rejected Alt Obits names dead for me. However, he and 2 others wouldn’t have gotten an acceptable obit there, but it’s annoying to see how much more points I might’ve gotten if the other 8 went through, especially since only 2 of my replacements have died so far...

I’d have to check to see who was rejected for me (Shirley Boone was one).  I can understand this one.  College athletes aren’t celebrities.  Pros, sure.  That said, no harm throwing his name out there and see if you get thumbs up!

SC

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Including rejected replacement picks, I'm only at 40% (6 deaths among 15 people).  I noticed one of the rejected picks (Catherine Wreford) got a BBC write-up in February on her illness.

Former Detroit Lions scout Jim Owens died Thursday. He was 84.

Jim Owens worked for the Lions as a pro scout for more than 20 years.  Owens coached in high school and in the college ranks at Tarleton State and Henderson County Junior College in his home state of Texas. Most of his career in football, though, was spent in the NFL with the Lions.
SC

Not to perpetuate a stereotype or anything, but...

Former Clemson and East Carolina running back Tyshon Dye died Friday at the age of 25 after a drowning accident in Georgia.

Dye was swimming with his two brothers at a picnic at Richard B. Russell State Park when he started to tire in the water.  His brothers saw him go underwater at Lake Russell but couldn't help him.  Dye's death was ruled an accidental drowning.

Dye ran for 351 yards and five touchdowns with the Tigers from 2014 to 2016. He added 217 yards in seven games with East Carolina as a graduate transfer in 2017.

Dye won a national championship with Clemson in 2016.
SC

Walt Michaels, the former New York Jets coach who retired following the 1982 season after leading the team to the AFC title game, has died. He was 89.

@Paul Bearer, will you put 'winningest' in the profanity filter to be replaced by 'halibut'?  :lol:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Superbowl winner Mitch Petrus, of the New Yorg Giants, dies at 32 after a heatstroke:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mitch-petrus-died-former-new-york-giants-lineman-dead-age-32-cause-of-death-heat-stroke-2019-07-19/

About 3 weeks ago I got knocked to my knees and couldn't function, couldn't hold fluids etc.... my vision went white etc, all just 'heat exhaustion'....which is two steps below heat stroke.  I honestly felt close to death.  Not a good OR SMART way to go.  
My excuse was I was alone trying to do 4 hours of outdoor work in the desert.  It was stupid to continue when I felt it coming on.  "I just have 30 minutes to go'.... I struggled to fucking walk to air conditioning 200' away when it got bad.  Just stupid.  And I drank two waters but wasn't working.
Lesson learned.   
SC

8 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

About 3 weeks ago I got knocked to my knees and couldn't function, couldn't hold fluids etc.... my vision went white etc, all just 'heat exhaustion'....which is two steps below heat stroke.  I honestly felt close to death.  Not a good OR SMART way to go.  
My excuse was I was alone trying to do 4 hours of outdoor work in the desert.  It was stupid to continue when I felt it coming on.  "I just have 30 minutes to go'.... I struggled to fucking walk to air conditioning 200' away when it got bad.  Just stupid.  And I drank two waters but wasn't working.
Lesson learned.   
SC

Sir Creep,

That has happened to me twice now. Watch out as it happening once makes you more susceptible in the future. 

• Thanks 1

Adrian Peterson has earned close to $100 million over the course of 12 seasons in the NFL.

Now, he’s battling creditors in court over millions in unpaid loans.

The Washington Redskins running back is making headlines again over a state supreme court case in New York.

DeAngelo Vehicle Sales LLC, a McAdoo, Pennsylvania-based creditor, is suing Peterson, alleging he had failed to fully repay a $5.2 million loan. With interest and other fees, the sum claimed comes out to $6.6 million.

c045.gif

• Haha 1

Thank you for this amazing thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mankilld said:

Adrian Peterson has earned close to $100 million over the course of 12 seasons in the NFL.

Now, he’s battling creditors in court over millions in unpaid loans.

The Washington Redskins running back is making headlines again over a state supreme court case in New York.

DeAngelo Vehicle Sales LLC, a McAdoo, Pennsylvania-based creditor, is suing Peterson, alleging he had failed to fully repay a $5.2 million loan. With interest and other fees, the sum claimed comes out to $6.6 million.

Merged with the American football thread. 

Maybe he get so upset he grab a switch and beat his child across the legs with it.

Hall Of Fame linebacker Nick Buoniconti, perhaps most famous for his status as a member of the perfect 1972 Miami Dolphins team, has died at the age of 78.  I definitely remember him from Inside The NFL as well, as I got more into the game in the 90's.  

2 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

Hall Of Fame linebacker Nick Buoniconti, perhaps most famous for his status as a member of the perfect 1972 Miami Dolphins team, has died at the age of 78.  I definitely remember him from Inside The NFL as well, as I got more into the game in the 90's.  

I want to be 'sad' and I am some, but the 1972 Miami Dolphins alumni have proven to collectively be some of the most self-indulgent assholes that have ever walked the earth, so I hope unlike you, Mr. Buoniconti, there aren't a bunch of retired players jumping up and down high-fiving your death 'he failed to live!'
SC

Here's a QO if necess:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7306529/NFL-Hall-Famer-Nick-Buoniconti-dies-78-battling-CTE-symptoms.html

4 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I want to be 'sad' and I am some, but the 1972 Miami Dolphins alumni have proven to collectively be some of the most self-indulgent assholes that have ever walked the earth, so I hope unlike you, Mr. Buoniconti, there aren't a bunch of retired players jumping up and down high-fiving your death 'he failed to live!'
SC

Here's a QO if necess:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7306529/NFL-Hall-Famer-Nick-Buoniconti-dies-78-battling-CTE-symptoms.html

CTE again. imo within a decade "end stage CTE" is going to be a more common diagnosis AND a common deadpool pick.

• Like 1