harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

American Football Players

Derland Moore, who played 13 seasons in the NFL and was considered to be one of the greatest players in the New Orleans Saints franchise, has died. He was 68. Moore was a one-time Pro Bowler. He died after a long illness.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/saints-great-derland-moore-who-played-13-nfl-seasons-dies-at-68-following-long-illness/

Derland Moore Football Cards

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Former 'Canes WR Aieem Jolla murdered in N'awlins

Matt Blair, one of the greatest linebackers in Minnesota Vikingshistory and a six-time Pro Bowler who played in two Super Bowls, has died. He was 70 years old. His death was announced by the team. Blair, who had been suffering from dementia, died Thursday after an extended period in hospice care,

SC

9600EFCA-C184-4761-9F5E-57D01C6A636D.jpeg

Herb Adderley, cornerback for Green Bay Packers (1961-69) and the Dallas Cowboys (1970-72), has died aged 81. A member of the Hall of Fame and played on the winning team at the 1967, 1968 and 1969 Super Bowls.

Obituaries: Daily Mail.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

He won six NFL Championships (five with the Green Bay Packers), including three of the first five Super Bowls.

• Like 2

I wonder how many players on the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl I and II team is still alive. I think at least all the stars (hall of famers) are all now dead. 

7 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

I wonder how many players on the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl I and II team is still alive. I think at least all the stars (hall of famers) are all now dead. 

Hornung is still going, possibly the only big name left?

On 30/10/2020 at 16:00, DeathClock said:

There were 18 players left from the first Super Bowl team when I looked it up back in April, though I didn’t list them all out. So I guess 17 now, plus one coach.

15 hours ago, Banana said:

Titus Davis, who broke Antonio Brown's receiving and touchdown records at Central Michigan died at 27 from a deadly form of kidney cancer.

He was the younger brother of Tennessee Titans wide receiver Corey Davis.

He would’ve gotten a QO btw. I imagine a few folk were considering him (a research miss on my end though)

Reports circulating Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Paul Hornung dead at 84.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 30/10/2020 at 21:06, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Hornung is still going, possibly the only big name left?

Sidney Cooke is still going too, by the way.

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, drol said:

Sidney Cooke is still going too, by the way.

The sense is Hornung died 14 days after that post...

1 hour ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Another Hall of Famer dead. He was the 1956 Heisman Trophy winner at Notre Dame.

https://www.wave3.com/2020/11/13/paul-hornung-football-legend-louisville-native-dies-age/

"Hornung led the Fighting Irish in passing, rushing, scoring, kickoff returns, punt returns and punting. On defense, he led the team in passes broken up and was second in tackles and interceptions".

He also led the league in orange peeling, butt slapping and flounder tramping. They don't make em like that no more.

• Like 1

Because no one could be bothered....

3E7A3440-1E77-40C6-9E99-78690D9B89B1.jpeg

• Like 1

Jake Scott, Dolphins safety who took MVP honours at Super Bowl VII to cap off the perfect season.

• Like 1

Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Floyd Little reportedly in hospice care according to a former teammate.

On 30/05/2020 at 22:07, Joey Russ said:

Floyd Little, formerly of the Denver Broncos is fighting cancer.

Could he replace Chris Doleman for your teams in 2021?

I’m gonna take that as probably a no then.

Markus Paul, Dallas Cowboys strength coach who won 5 Super Bowls as a player/assistant, dead at 54.

• Shocked 1

Jim Hanifan, the Cardinals' former head coach and two-time Super Bowl winning offensive line coach, has passed away at the age of 87. 

An All-American receiver at the University of California, Hanifan spent one season with the CFL's Toronto Argonauts before breaking into coaching in 1959. He spent 13 years in the high school/college ranks before being named the Cardinals' offensive line coach in 1973, he position he held through the 1978 season. From 1981-85, Hanifan served as the Cardinals' head coach, leading St. Louis to the playoffs in 1982. He spent the next 17 seasons as an offensive line coach that included memorable runs for Washington and the St. Louis Rams. He won a Super Bowl with Washington in 1991 and another one with the Rams in 1999. He retired from coaching following the 2003 season. 
SC