harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

American Football Players

6 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

Shirley Povich was a longtime sports columnist for the Washington Post.  And, yes, he was Maury Povich's father.  

That would land him squarely in that 95 range.  Sir C right as rain.

• Like 1

I once knew a bloke called Shirley.  He would be a lot younger than 95 now.

8 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

When did "Shirley" stop being a man's name? The wrestler Big Daddy was another famous Shirley. 

My guess would be circa 1980...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

When did "Shirley" stop being a man's name? The wrestler Big Daddy was another famous Shirley. 

I’m guessing you can probably thank Shirley Temple for that, she was such a megastar in the 30s.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, DemBones said:

I’m guessing you can probably thank Shirley Temple for that, she was such a megastar in the 30s.

Boring, but probably correct. Now when did Marion stop being a man's name. John Wayne being an example. 

Longterm NFL HC Marty Schottenheimer is in hospice care. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Josh Evans, a former Tennessee Titans, defensive end who was part of their 1999 Super Bowl winning team, has died. He was 48. A unique DDP pick, too.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2021/02/05/josh-evans-dies-tennessee-titans-kidney-cancer-battle/4403026001/

Was among the final 40 for me in the DDP but just wasn’t sure he’d get a QO

35 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Was among the final 40 for me in the DDP but just wasn’t sure he’d get a QO

Meh, Yahoo UK comes in

On 04/02/2021 at 11:52, Captain Hemlock said:

Mike Henry , who was both an actor and NFL player dead at  84. Also a DDP pick.https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2021/film/news/mike-henry-tarzan-actor-dies-1234900132/amp/

And just to wrap up loose ends, Mike Henry also gets a Yahoo UK obit

• Like 1

A bit silly of me not to put Evans in the main team. With hindsight, but also from the outset, picking him was less risky and more rewarding than Ezra Nawi (who would now need the Pete Felton-like indirect fluke obit).

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

A bit silly of me not to put Evans in the main team. With hindsight, but also from the outset, picking him was less risky and more rewarding than Ezra Nawi (who would now need the Pete Felton-like indirect fluke obit).

I guess I wasn’t quite sure about past Super Bowl players compared with the HOFers, but I guess like HOFers those are pretty much QO locks as well

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I never heard of him really, and if was on your radar, kudos.  That said, I would think anyone and everyone who played Tarzan in any capacity would QO.  For future reference.

Kansas City Chiefs outside linebackers coach Britt Reid was involved in a multi-vehicle crash Thursday night, just three days prior to Super Bowl LV against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The crash happened shortly after 9 p.m. on Interstate 435 in Kansas City -- one exit south of the Chiefs' practice facility at the Truman Sports Complex. Two children were injured in the multi-car accident.

SC

Eminem once rhymed his name with "dirty rotten rhymer" and that's the only reason I knew who he was. RIP.

• Like 1

3 time Pro Bowl WR dead at 38

• Like 1
  • Sad 1