harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

American Football Players

Hall of Fame NFL executive Bobby Beathard dies at 86. Architect of the Washingston (REDACTED) Super Bowls. He went to another Super Bowl with the Chargers. Also, helped the Dolphins win 2 Super Bowls. 

• Like 1

Jim Brown is in attendance at the NFL Honors show, and he looks extremely, extremely frail to me, and not super-aware of his surroundings, either.  Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders came on stage to announce that the running back of the year award will now be known as the Jim Brown Award.  I don't think he makes 2025, and he'll be on my list next year if he makes it that far.  

• Like 1

The good news is Jim Brown is healthy enough to end the NFL Honors ceremony tonight. The bad news is he looks pretty bad.  

EDIT: @MrWonderful beat me

3 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

The good news is Jim Brown is healthy enough to end the NFL Honors ceremony tonight. The bad news is he looks pretty bad.  

EDIT: @MrWonderful beat me

Barely!  But yes, he looks like he's in really rough shape.

• Like 1

Dimitrious Stanley was an American football player who played in Canada for the Winnipeg blue bombers, he played college football for the Ohio state Buckeyes and passed away at age 48

https://www.10tv.com/video/sports/football/ohio-state-football/former-ohio-state-wide-receiver-dimitrious-stanley-dies-at-48/530-ea6d3626-5e5f-4339-a490-9507ae96fccd

• Like 1

New Pro Football Hall of Famer Chuck Howley is dealing with advanced dementia, per show on NFL Network

• Thanks 1

Larry Coyer, American football coach, who served as the defensive coordinator for the  Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL) from 2009 to 2011, has died aged 79. Obit

Conrad Dobler, Cardinals, Saints and Bills player known for being particularly unsporting (old chap), being reported dead: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Conrad Dobler, Cardinals, Saints and Bills player known for being particularly unsporting (old chap), being reported dead: 

R.I.P. I watched this video a couple months ago. Dirtiest player in pro football history. 

• Like 1

Stanley Wilson Jr., a defensive back who played three seasons for the Detroit Lions, has died at the age of 40.

Wilson died on February 1 at Metropolitan State Hospital in Los Angeles, according to TMZ.com. No cause of death has been released. Metropolitan State Hospital specializes in treatment for people with mental health issues.

Wilson was selected by the Lions in the third round of the 2005 NFL draft. He showed promise during his three NFL seasons but suffered a season-ending knee injury in 2007, then suffered a season-ending Achilles injury during the 2008 preseason and never played again.

In retirement, Wilson had a long string of legal problems including several arrests and positive drug tests. In one incident he was shot by a homeowner while trying to break into a house. He had been in custody since an arrest in August when he was declared incompetent to stand trial.

SC

600BE3C5-C603-44F3-8720-82B52D2587D7.jpeg

• Like 1

Former 3-time pro bowl defensive lineman for the Baltimore Colts Fred Miller dead at 82. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Bo Hickey, an American football fullbackwho played in the American Football League. He died aged 77. Obit

His death was reported a year ago, which was bull puckey.

Panthers founder/owner Jerry Richardson dead at 86.

Capf4qFW4AEKaIg.png

• Like 3

On 08/07/2022 at 15:34, arghton said:

New article (last week, behind paywall) on Otis Taylor, mentioned multiple times here:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article261494677.html

As mentioned here before he's been battling parkinson's and dementia for over 30 years, kept alive with different kinds of tubes for the last six or seven years, unable to move.

The actual news that his health has gotten worse during the last few weeks:

Several weeks ago, friends expressed concern that Taylor’s health had taken a dire turn. That left us reflecting on his legacy even as we hold out hope that Taylor will be on the Hall of Fame’s 25-man senior semifinalist list to be released next week.

Cup pick and probably DDP, Otis Taylor now being reported dead: https://arrowheadaddict.com/2023/03/10/kansas-city-chiefs-legend-otis-taylor-passed-away-age-80/

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

A NFLer so famous I've heard of him (which is a very high bar) but as he's apparently not in The Simpsons or a WWF/E celebrity, I have no idea how now!

Non-unique DDP hit for forum veterans @deadsox!

35 minutes ago, msc said:

A NFLer so famous I've heard of him (which is a very high bar) but as he's apparently not in The Simpsons or a WWF/E celebrity, I have no idea how now!

Non-unique DDP hit for forum veterans @deadsox!

Deadpooling fan favorite. 
Great player, long sad demise.  A relief for all involved.  RIP

45B59341-AD0E-4AE1-9C77-FA5EC802DF80.jpeg

9010B2C2-9D42-46A7-87EB-BEA41F794D83.jpeg

• Like 1