harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

American Football Players

Another Chris Mortensen update.

I received very encouraging news last week from my oncologist team of doctors at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center that now enables me to completely focus on recovery rather than treatment. The Stage IV throat (oropharyngel) cancer that was diagnosed in early January and treated with intensive chemotherapy and radiation has been virtually reduced to zero detection of the disease through the latest scans and exams.

• Like 1

I received very encouraging news last week from my oncologist team of doctors at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center that now enables me to completely focus on recovery rather than treatment. The Stage IV throat (oropharyngel) cancer that was diagnosed in early January and treated with intensive chemotherapy and radiation has been virtually reduced to zero detection of the disease through the latest scans and exams.

Yes, I saw it, I've already been thinking that he is going to doom my "Generation Game" team.

Yes, I saw it, I've already been thinking that he is going to doom my "Generation Game" team.

Well, he is 65 and the game will probably go on a while...

The only American footballer of an advanced age that I can think of is John Madden, from the series of video games - and at 80 he is getting on a bit now!

Potential Deathlist material?

The only American footballer of an advanced age that I can think of is John Madden, from the series of video games - and at 80 he is getting on a bit now!

No. Only individuals who participated in proper sports are eligible for the DL. ;)

• Like 1

As I said in the ideas thread another going offering would be

Former Miami Dolphiins head coach Don Shula who lead Miami to a perfect season in 1972

86 years old and recieving round the clock care

Fred Quillan, a former (Univ of Oregon) Ducks and San Francisco 49ers offensive lineman, died at the age of 60 on Monday, according to an announcement on the 49ers website. He was drafted 175th overall by the 49ers in the 1978 NFL draft, after which he played with Joe Montana. Quillan played for 10 seasons in San Francisco, and won two Super Bowl Championships.

SC

http://www.dailyemerald.com/2016/09/15/former-uo-football-player-fred-quillian-dies/

Clarence Brooks, assistant coach for the Baltimore Ravens, dead at 65. Only bothering to mention him as he was a DDP pick for Very Ill Turned Very Dead, but no QO at the moment.

• Like 1

Clarence Brooks, assistant coach for the Baltimore Ravens, dead at 65. Only bothering to mention him as he was a DDP pick for Very Ill Turned Very Dead, but no QO at the moment.

I don't understand the disclaimer at all. Was he a figure in the NFL? Yes. Did he die? Yes. Why wouldn't you 'bother' to post him if you came upon him first and he hadn't been posted yet?

SC

Former California football coach Roger Theder has died. He was 77.

The school said Theder died Saturday from complications from Parkinson's disease. Theder spent 10 seasons on the Cal coaching staff, including a four-year stretch as head coach from 1978-81. He led the Golden Bears to their first bowl game in 21 years when they made it to the Garden State Bowl in 1979. He finished with an 18-27 career record.

SC

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/former-cal-coach-roger-theder-dies-100316?cmpid=feed:-sports-CQ-RSS-Feed

Lorenzo Freeman graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 1987. He played as a defensive lineman for the Steelers from 1987-90. In 1991, he played for the New York Giants. The Westmoreland County coroner said Freeman was found in his New Kensington home. No foul play is suspected.

SC

http://m.wtae.com/news/plums-assistant-football-coach-former-steeler-dies/42051220

Former Oklahoma Sooners punter Michael Winchester was killed Tuesday after being shot at Will Rogers Airport in Oklahoma City. He was the father of Kansas City Chiefs long snapper James Winchester.

SC

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2676258-former-oklahoma-punter-michael-winchester-dies-after-being-shot-at-airport

This one came outta nowhere:

Heisman trophy winner and former NFL running back Rashaan Salaam has died at the age of 42. The former Bears first-round pick was found dead in a park in Boulder, Colorado on Monday night. The police said there was no sign of foul play. Salaam's death is being investigated as a possible suicide, the Boulder Daily Camera is reporting, per a source.

SC

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/chicago-bear-heisman-trophy-winner-rashaan-salaam-dead-42-article-1.2900840

Bruce DeHaven is the Carolina Panthers special teams coach, a role he had with the 49ers from 2000 to 2002, as well as on the Buffalo Bills from 1986 to 1999 during their run to four straight Super Bowls. He has late stage prostate cancer that typically leaves 3-5 years to live. So keep his name in mind for 2018-2020. He's coached in 6 Super Bowls.....he will obit.

SC

Dead. Reportedly. https://twitter.com/4JoshReed/status/813960444218081282

How about Y. A. Tittle 90 years of age and his dementia is said to be in the final stages.

Bruce DeHaven is the Carolina Panthers special teams coach, a role he had with the 49ers from 2000 to 2002, as well as on the Buffalo Bills from 1986 to 1999 during their run to four straight Super Bowls. He has late stage prostate cancer that typically leaves 3-5 years to live. So keep his name in mind for 2018-2020. He's coached in 6 Super Bowls.....he will obit.

SC

Gets told he's got 3-5 years, dead within 10 months. Man, that doctor was overoptimistic.

SC

Gets told he's got 3-5 years, dead within 10 months. Man, that doctor was overoptimistic.

Well the doctor gets punished too--he doesn't get to bilk the insurance or Medicaid for another 3-4 years as he expected, now his accounts receivable is all fucked up.

SC

Edit: will be interesting to see if he gets an unlikely obit. NFL executives have missed out, lets see how non head coaches fare. I'm certain an owner or head coach would o it but anyone else remains in doubt. Testing the limits with this guy.

Well, he wasn't going to be on my 2017 team, and now, he's not going to be on anyone's.

Former NFL safety, Keion Carpenter has been confirmed dead at 39.

Buggers up my Deathrace team but relieves me of a tough DDP decision.

Edit: He would have been a hit if only he lasted 3 more days, as he gets a Daily Mail obit.

David Modell, the son of former Cleveland Browns owner, Art Modell, has died. Modell, 55, died after a two-year battle with lung cancer.

He served as President of the Baltimore Ravens from the team's beginning in 1996 through their Super Bowl XXXV championship win in 2000 and continued to lead the team until 2004.

SC

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/browns/david-modell-son-of-former-cleveland-browns-owner-art-modell-has-died-at-55

Edit: I remain a bit stunned Bryan Weidmeier never got an obit, but here's a bump higher in the litmus test. NFL executive but also the son of an infamous owner. Let's see if he obits. Frankly Id give it 75% chance, meaning I'll be rather surprised if he doesn't.

• Like 1