harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

American Football Players

I'm keeping the space team around until at least every Moon man dies. I may well use the spot that went to a B-Team this year for rotating through other themes.

• Like 1

Entering theme teams that have a chance of more than two people dying is cheating, tbh. The theme needs to be as niche as possible. Hence my run of "people from Northampton" (0 deaths), people mentioned in Half Man Half Biscuit lyrics (two deaths!) and people who have told the same specific joke on camera (one death so far).

11 minutes ago, msc said:

It's a theme team - it's meant to be shit!

Each year I try to come up with a theme team idea stupider than the one before.

Exactly.  It's the 'how amusing can I make this theme' that wins the day for me (when I see your teams), not actuallly getting hits.  The hits are superfluous.  As they say it isn't whether you win or lose, but how good you look doing it that counts.  Anyway, no Ivan Ivanov teams in the future, but entering it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

SC

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Entering theme teams that have a chance of more than two people dying is cheating, tbh. The theme needs to be as niche as possible. Hence my run of "people from Northampton" (0 deaths), people mentioned in Half Man Half Biscuit lyrics (two deaths!) and people who have told the same specific joke on camera (one death so far).

Yeah, my drummers theme team was one that got the wooden spoon last year. So far, it looks like my counterculture theme team looked like it'll score 0 as well. If only Hugh Hefner and Charles Manson made the starting...

And Yet You Had Space for Sinead O'Connor is at 3/20 which is a bit staggering given they were all picked at random off a list of a fair few, and most of them had been pottering on quite happily!

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Exactly.  It's the 'how amusing can I make this theme' that wins the day for me (when I see your teams), not actuallly getting hits.  The hits are superfluous.  As they say it isn't whether you win or lose, but how good you look doing it that counts.  Anyway, no Ivan Ivanov teams in the future, but entering it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

SC

Can't beat the Ivan theme team. Properly roared with laughter first time I saw that one.

• Like 1

LOL hey I said (and even announced) that you could delete the squad -- I felt obliged to post it though.  :blush:

Damn rough 6 weeks to be a 49ers fan.
Max Runager (P) dies April 22
Matt Millen (LB) announces April 30 very poor health and possibly months to live
Dwight Clark (TE) dies June 4
and now (June 15)....

The San Francisco 49ers announced former All-Pro offensive tackle Keith Fahnhorst died Tuesday at the age of 66

A second-round pick of the 49ers in 1974, Fahnhorst spent the entirety of his 14-year NFL career in the Bay Area. During that time, he emerged as a key bookend along San Francisco's offensive line and played a role in keeping Joe Montana upright throughout the team's fruitful run in the 1980s. 
SC

6 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Ron Johnson, a former Pittsburgh Steelers DB and two-time Super Bowl winner , has died.  He was 62.

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/07/report-former-steelers-db-ron-johnson-has-passed-away-at-62/

From Sir Creep's Alma Mater, Eastern Michigan Univ.  RIP fellow Huron

• Like 1

On 13/06/2018 at 17:16, alt obits guy said:

University of Maryland offensive lineman Jordan McNair, hospitalized since earlier in the month, has died.  He was 19.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23784122/jordan-mcnair-maryland-terrapins-offensive-lineman-dies-19

Update:  Family says he died of heat stroke:

https://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps-football/2018/7/16/17576962/jordan-mcnair-death-heat-stroke-family-foundation-website

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high-school/article/San-Antonio-football-legend-Gabe-Rivera-dies-at-57-13080599.php

Gabriel Rivera who was the Pittsburgh Steelers 1st round draft pick in 1983 is dead at age 57

He only played 6 career NFL's as he was paralyzed in a drunk driving accident his rookie season,he is also somewhat notable as a trivia question because the Steeler's passed on future Hall Of Famer Dan Marino who was a High School and College Football star in the city

On Tuesday, the New England Patriots announcedthat former defensive back and tight end Tom Stephens had passed away at the age of 82 at his home in Naples, Florida.

Stephens, an original member of the Boston Patriots, was drafted by the Baltimore Colts in the 11th round (132nd overall) of the 1959 NFL Draft, but signed with the Boston Patriots in 1960 as an original member in the franchise’s inaugural season.

SC

22 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

... Tom Stephens had passed away at the age of 82

Passed away to fluffy bunnyland by any chance? :duck:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Tony Cline, a former defensive end for the Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers, has died.  He was 69.

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/Article/Oakland-Raiders-San-Francisco-49ers-former-defensive-end-Tony-Cline-passes-away-120016015/

Along with Tony Sparano, that’s TWO ex Raider/49ers combo in a few days!

Ok now, this is the second Raider/49er to die in a few days.  I can’t think of many but Matt Miller must be shaking in his fekkin boots.

SC