IKYWN

Steve Fossett

Agreed HMBWA. Richard Branson's faith in his friend is touching but, surely, he'd had a distress beacon and a mobile phone on board. Of course, he'd need to be alive to activate them.

Not looking good for him is it? Apparently he had both a radio & a mobile phone with him, so as the BBC news report put it, it's rather "ominous" he hasn't made any contact....

Well fair play to anyone that picked him, I think that's the sort of death that makes these pools a bit more exciting.

Speakling as someone who's been ain a nfew alititude-related predicamtends, he;s f**ked. RIP Fossett. Shame it weasn;t his mate Branson...

Speakling as someone who's been ain a nfew alititude-related predicamtends, he;s f**ked. RIP Fossett. Shame it weasn;t his mate Branson...

Drat, I was still hoping against all odds until you posted that. I guess he must have had it.

Not looking good for him is it? Apparently he had both a radio & a mobile phone with him, so as the BBC news report put it, it's rather "ominous" he hasn't made any contact....

Perhaps he's just on T-Mobile..........

Unless he's playing (and playing well) some sort of perverse billionaire version of "Hide 'n' Seek", I think we can assume that Fossett is brown bread.

Some bored chancer has decided to create a blog template specifically for the announcement of the death. I'm not sure how much mileage he'll get out of this blog; probably just one or two entries, with the occasional comment by a US president or someone...

Search for Fossett could solve decades-old mysteries

It took a rich guy (possibly) crashing his plane just outside the middle of nowhere to find up to a couple hundred old plane crash sites.

Let's take this into perspective and I haven't been very up on this story so let me examine the situation.

Steve Fossett as I understand is something like a stunt artist, or a record breaking junkie who has broken various World records. I read he has vanished on September 3 and he has never been seen since.

Now count ten seconds and let me analyze and come to a full conclusion.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

OK

He's Dead

Aye, all we've got to do is find a fat Coyote and dig in his sheet for the telling DNA.

Aye, all we've got to do is find a fat Coyote and dig in his sheet for the telling DNA.

Now the search teams can grab rifles and go coyote hunting.

Imagine being his wife for a minute and getting a phone call like 'Hello, yes Mrs.Fossett we have discovered some of your husbands remains. It appears he was eaten by a pack of vicious Coyote's.

You better tell the rest of the family that he was cremated. :unsure:

They've pretty much given up on trying to find him, but I guess he'll never be officially dead until/unless they do. Even wiki doesn't have a death date, which isn't like them at all.

I doubt he was on many deadpools anyway.

After a period of time they'll declare him legally dead. Then he'll show up with a Grizzly Adams beard and a pet bear and all hell will break loose.

They've pretty much given up on trying to find him, but I guess he'll never be officially dead until/unless they do. Even wiki doesn't have a death date, which isn't like them at all.

I doubt he was on many deadpools anyway.

After a period of time they'll declare him legally dead. Then he'll show up with a Grizzly Adams beard and a pet bear and all hell will break loose.

I agree. There is no way Steve is dead. He's probably enjoying his new found solitude and cooking dinner over an open fire right now.

He'll come back to civilisation when he's good and ready.

I agree. There is no way Steve is dead. He's probably enjoying his new found solitude and cooking dinner over an open fire right now.

Y'know what DDT, you've got me. Is that irony or a full-on statement of what you believe to be true? I think he's dead, I mean, obviously the McCanns skipped over there and murdered him, just to keep their hands in.

I mean, obviously the McCanns skipped over there and murdered him, just to keep their hands in.

and they tampered with Colin McRae's helicopter, put something in Jane Tomlinson's drink and gave Amos from Emmerdale a lethal sedative.

The swines, they should be locked away for life......

Y'know what DDT, you've got me. Is that irony or a full-on statement of what you believe to be true? I think he's dead, I mean, obviously the McCanns skipped over there and murdered him, just to keep their hands in.

Well MPFC, I suppose there is a chance that his plane might have crashed in to a mountain, blowing him to bits, but that would be a bit boring. I prefer to think of him out there enjoying the tranquillity and beauty of the Sierra Nevada.

He might well be fed up with the pace of life, the stresses of managing a multi million pound fortune and the multitudes of fawning sycophants who follow his every step. Before he went missing, maybe he viewed the rugged terrain of Nevada from a hot air balloon during one of his world record breaking trips and thought that he would like to see a bit more of it.

Maybe he thought he'd taken on a bit too much by endeavouring to set a world speed record and was too scared to say that he just wasn't up to it. Or perhaps he was experiencing marital problems but didn’t want to tell Mrs Fossett, maybe he thought it might be better for her if she were to become widow rather than a divorcee.

Just because he might have been tired of life (which I'm not saying he was, but he could have been) it doesn't necessarily stand to reason that death was his only available option. He might have watched and been influenced by "The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin" in which the eponymous hero fakes his own death, or perhaps he was aware of the MP John Stonehouse who did exactly the same thing.

Which leads me nicely on to Nigel Havers... He starred in a 1980s made for ITV mini series called "Naked Under Capricorn", in which he played a nineteenth century tycoon who made his fortune trading cattle in Australia. Anyway he got completely fed up with the trappings of wealth and the series ended with him abandoning all of his material possessions and buggering off in to the Outback, never to be seen again. The point I am trying to make is that if disappearing in to the great unknown is good enough for Nigel Havers (albeit fictionally) then I don't see why it isn't good enough for Steve Fossett. I expounded on this theory in "DL Chat" the other night, however my fellow Deathlisters in the room at the time seemed convinced he was dead.

If pushed, I might be grudgingly prepared to admit a certain amount of irony in all of the above, but it sure as hell beats talking about Chris Langham. Perhaps Youth in Asia, Harvester of Souls and Brinsworth House Baiter (but not iain) might like to abandon their squabble and use their undoubted written skills to further expound on the whereabouts of our missing adventurer. Just a thought! :crossbone:

I think that might be the longest post I've ever done on DL. I deserve a drink.

Barman!

Well MPFC, I suppose there is a chance that his plane might have crashed in to a mountain, blowing him to bits, but that would be a bit boring. I prefer to think of him out there enjoying the tranquillity and beauty of the Sierra Nevada.

He might well be fed up with the pace of life, the stresses of managing a multi million pound fortune and the multitudes of fawning sycophants who follow his every step. Before he went missing, maybe he viewed the rugged terrain of Nevada from a hot air balloon during one of his world record breaking trips and thought that he would like to see a bit more of it.

Maybe he thought he'd taken on a bit too much by endeavouring to set a world speed record and was too scared to say that he just wasn't up to it. Or perhaps he was experiencing marital problems but didn’t want to tell Mrs Fossett, maybe he thought it might be better for her if she were to become widow rather than a divorcee.

Just because he might have been tired of life (which I'm not saying he was, but he could have been) it doesn't necessarily stand to reason that death was his only available option. He might have watched and been influenced by "The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin" in which the eponymous hero fakes his own death, or perhaps he was aware of the MP John Stonehouse who did exactly the same thing.

Which leads me nicely on to Nigel Havers... He starred in a 1980s made for ITV mini series called "Naked Under Capricorn", in which he played a nineteenth century tycoon who made his fortune trading cattle in Australia. Anyway he got completely fed up with the trappings of wealth and the series ended with him abandoning all of his material possessions and buggering off in to the Outback, never to be seen again. The point I am trying to make is that if disappearing in to the great unknown is good enough for Nigel Havers (albeit fictionally) then I don't see why it isn't good enough for Steve Fossett. I expounded on this theory in "DL Chat" the other night, however my fellow Deathlisters in the room at the time seemed convinced he was dead.

If pushed, I might be grudgingly prepared to admit a certain amount of irony in all of the above, but it sure as hell beats talking about Chris Langham. Perhaps Youth in Asia, Harvester of Souls and Brinsworth House Baiter (but not iain) might like to abandon their squabble and use their undoubted written skills to further expound on the whereabouts of our missing adventurer. Just a thought! :crossbone:

Barman!

Or a monkey nomination.

Steve Fosset - dead - IMHO. Nice theory but I think he'd have shown tendencies before passing his 60th birthday if he was gonna pull that stunt. If I see him sneaking into the Miners Arms for a swift pint with Lord Lucan I'll be sure to let the forum know.

Agree with Mary the McCanns probably skipped over to Steve and murdered him only so they can stay front page.Saying that he must be one crayon short of a box if he made all those silly records which only a fool would want to break.Anyway in theory Steve Fossett an lucky person whose luck ran out.

Yeah, he'd make a great character in the next Ex-Men movie.

Coats on!

If pushed, I might be grudgingly prepared to admit a certain amount of irony in all of the above, but it sure as hell beats talking about Chris Langham. Perhaps Youth in Asia, Harvester of Souls and Brinsworth House Baiter (but not iain) might like to abandon their squabble and use their undoubted written skills to further expound on the whereabouts of our missing adventurer. Just a thought! :rip:

Barman!

I think he's in the boot/trunk of the McCann's hire car, except the Portuguese police didn't spot him there yet.

Either that or he's in a civil partnership with Lord Lucan and they've just adopted Madeleine McCann.