IKYWN

Steve Fossett

Steve Fossett "may have faked his own death", according to investigators.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2462912/Ad...-own-death.html

From the article:

"It's not like we didn't have our eyes open. We found six other planes while we were looking for him. We're pretty good at what we do."

Hmmm, is it just me, or is that statement self-contradictory?

Guest ATS
However, Lieutenant Colonel Cynthia Ryan of the US Civil Air Patrol has said Fossett, whose body or plane was never found, could still be alive.

She said: "I've been doing this search and rescue for 14 years. Fossett should have been found.

"It's not like we didn't have our eyes open. We found six other planes while we were looking for him. We're pretty good at what we do."

OK if she's been doing SAR for 14 years, how long were those other 6 planes missing for before they embarked on the search for Fossett?

Maybe Fossett is Panama living it up

No try looking for him in Seaton Carew

I CALLED IT! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!

Maybe, but with £25 million of insurance money at stake, there's plenty of reason for them to try and create doubt.

I knew, despite one team protesting, that I was right not to award DDP points for his death.

I also mentioned the Panama link back in December..... :birthday: Didn't the Tailor of Panama fake his own death, or have I got confused with another Le Carre novel?

I knew, despite one team protesting, that I was right not to award DDP points for his death.

I also mentioned the Panama link back in December..... :birthday: Didn't the Tailor of Panama fake his own death, or have I got confused with another Le Carre novel?

I'm not a conspiracy theory nut, but I did find this statement quite interesting

The choice of plane was also a baffling one - a Bellanca Citabria Super Decathlon, which, according to risk assessor Robert Davis said was constructed from a steel and wood frame, but actually covered in fabric, making it easy to dismantle.

But I've not seen anything reported about any personal problems coming to light or that his company was in trouble.

I'm still waiting for Lord Lucan, Jim Morrison and Elvis to make an appearance

I CALLED IT! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!

That stupid SOB deliberately faked his own death!!!

I had this intuitution all along that Fossett wasn't dead at all. I don't know why all these websites are including Steve Fossett in the obituaries. Until they actually find and properly identify his body, Fossett is NOT DEAD.

What's up with all these celebrities teasing us with their near death experiences this year?

Fossett, Waris Dirie, and Orlando Brown were all missing and the latter two were found alive (if either one of them were found dead, that would make pretty significant news, especially Brown b/c he's a well known teen idol in the States).

Kelsey Grammar had a heart attack but lived (though sadly, the same can't be said for Tim Russert or Don S. Davis).

Margaret Thatcher and Prince Phillip were both hospitalized, at first thought to be serious, but they only teased up and it turned out to be very minor.

Grammy-winning singer Emilio was in a serious bus accident and everybody who knew him thought he was close to death and would only have days to live. Now, he's recovering rather nicely.

Patrick Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He appears to be on the mend (of course, Tony Snow, Luciano Pavoratti, and Randy Pausch were all diagnosed with cancer and were thought to be on the mend before their cancer struck again so you never know).

Why are these celebrities teasing us with either going missing or having near death experiences!!!! Aaargh!!

You "knew it" BC? The story doesn't prove that Fossett isn't dead, it just raises the question. Odds are still good that he is dead. Did you notice that in looking for his plane, they found a number of others? Have you ever been to that part of the country? It's entirely possible that even though they're good at looking that he may yet be dead and unfound. I'm sure the celebrities are very sorry for teasing you.

Some of Steve Fossett's belongings are reported to have been found in a California forest.

This is starting to smell more fishy than a big box of tuna.

Some of Steve Fossett's belongings are reported to have been found in a California forest.

Latest update has investigators finding some wreckage.

DB Cooper was his idol

Interesting comments from his wife, who is basically saying she's hoping he's dead rather than he faked the whole thing and is still alive.

Lucky Lucan was to Goldsmith as Steve Fosset is to.... Branson?

Will Private Eye have to start up a beardieballs fund?

• Like 1

I agree. Especially when there are no remains from a crash that, apparently "no-one would walk away from". One certainly thought there would be more at the crash site. As the report says, he landed "closer to civilisation than originally thought". Hmmmmmm... <_<

Not only was there no body in the plane, but the canoe that he had packed in the back was also missing. Most strange ...

Not that strange. BBC report makes it clear the plane probably hit the mountain head on and the wreckage is scattered over a big area, which was always the likliest explanation for why the searches from the air saw nothing. Fosset may have suffered ill health or death at the controls and/or the plane might have been misfiring and the weight of the single engine in the nose would have dragged down the plane head first. He's dead, and that canoe is in in pieces all over that hillside.

Link.

<_<

Not that strange. BBC report makes it clear the plane probably hit the mountain head on and the wreckage is scattered over a big area, which was always the likliest explanation for why the searches from the air saw nothing. Fosset may have suffered ill health or death at the controls and/or the plane might have been misfiring and the weight of the single engine in the nose would have dragged down the plane head first. He's dead, and that canoe is in in pieces all over that hillside.

Link.

The impact will have reduced his body into snack-sized morsels which have been hoovered up by specially-trained dogs rendered ravenous by our friend Devon Death Trip, ensuring that no trace of Fosset can remain and keeping the conspiracy theory (but not Fosset) alive FOREVER!

<_<

Yes, beyond the shadow of a doubt. I'd say it be much harder for a wealthy man to fake his own demise than a sales representative from Sunshine Desserts.

Human remains have been found in the plane.

There was very little left of him.

Not much left of him? Cue jokes like this one, circa 1967: What's white and travels at 300 mph at the bottom of a lake? Donald Campbell's underpants.

Not much left of him? Cue jokes like this one, circa 1967: What's white and travels at 300 mph at the bottom of a lake? Donald Campbell's underpants.

I thought they were brown.

Top two on the Sickipedia so far:

US investigators have found body parts in the wreckage of Steve Fossett's plane.

Why the f**k was he flying around in a plane full of body parts?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is Steve Fossett to tower. I am flying through the mountains and running out of fuel. Please instruct! "

"Tower to Fossett. Tower to Fossett. Repeat after me, Our Father, who art in heaven..."

I thought they were brown.

White, then brown. <_<

Once they confirmed that the remains belong to Steve Fossett, I will be more than happy to confirm he's dead and will add him to my "In Memoriam" list of 2008....

Tributes pour in. Incidentally, the Voice of Young Maryport and several of his mates paid tribute this morning by standing on a wall, sticking out their arms and falling into nearby bushes.

I agree. Especially when there are no remains from a crash that, apparently "no-one would walk away from". One certainly thought there would be more at the crash site. As the report says, he landed "closer to civilisation than originally thought". Hmmmmmm... <_<

Lots of coyotes and other scavengers in that part of the country. The fact that just a smidgen of remains were found is just about right. BC will soon be able to confirm the death and the relatives will take note.