This "impossible quiz" will sort the girls out from the men ;)

I got 12 right.

Would have been more, but they see certain things differently here in Germany.

I got 10 right also but two of the ones I got wrong I knew but misread the question.

I got 14 right and would have gotten 16 if I wasn't stupid. ;)

The hardest bit was entering my date of birth because the stupid ignorant bastards wanted it with the month first.

Since I was born on the 16th, it took me a while to work out why the date only went up to 12.

I thought it was part of the quiz.

And I too would have got 2 more right if I'd been concentrating/ not been so thick.

I must be smarter'n I thunk I wuz.

I got four wrong and one of them was about a number on a supposedly famous brand of beer I've never even heard of.

I got four wrong and one of them was about a number on a supposedly famous brand of beer I've never even heard of.

Me too. And, Mr Notapotato, I didn't bother entering my date of birth, and it still let me play.

At a recent quiz attended by no less than three DL members, the questions included the following:

1. What are the five English football teams whose names begin with a vowel who have played in the Premier League?

2. Name the five independent states in mainland Europe which are bordered by only one other country

(For the record, the three player DL-packed squad crushed the pub oppo and stormed to a clear four point win.)

1 - is it Arsenal, Aston Villa, Everton, Ipswich Town and Oldham Athletic?

And I thought of all those without googling, so there!

What about 'ull?

Edit - As I've yet to annex 'ull, I guess it's a tongue in cheek unfunny response to the football teams.

On an aside regards the borders and states question. I had a guided tour of St Peters and the Vatican a few years ago in which I was informed that The Knights of Malta (can't remember official name) were technically some kind of state (with their own number plate, singular) and their country amounted to an appartment in Rome. I took this with a pinch of salt as I am sure most guides fabricate and elaborate on stories to make tours remotely interesting, however wasn't there some quasicomedian recently who tried to form his own break away state? How did he get on?

Edited by Monoclinic

At a recent quiz attended by no less than three DL members, the questions included the following:

1. What are the five English football teams whose names begin with a vowel who have played in the Premier League?

2. Name the five independent states in mainland Europe which are bordered by only one other country

(For the record, the three player DL-packed squad crushed the pub oppo and stormed to a clear four point win.)

In a successful title defence (well, we tied for first), the 'round of fives' was:

1. Name the five longest-serving British PMs of the 20th century (Blair is not one of them, too much C21st action).

2. Name the sports of the following LA teams - Lakers, Kings, Riptide, Galaxy and Dodgers.

My favourite question was 'who was an employee of Grimsdale Dairy in The Early Bird?' Sometimes it pays to be a DLer.

PMs has to include Thatcher, Wilson and Churchill; though I wouldn't want a punt at the others

LA Teams

Dodgers - Baseball

Riptide - Lacrosse

Kings - Hockey - but not the stuff on grass

Galaxy - Soccer - or 'football'

Lakers - Basketball

Well, I don't remember a single thing about 2008, apart from Chester City winning the Premier League, the FA Cup, the Champions League and the Johnsons Paint Trophy.

But maybe you do?

Courtesy of those lovely people at the BBC...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7788302.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7790312.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7790502.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7790616.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/7792636.stm

Merry Quizmas to all DLers.

Sporcle have jumped on the bandwagon with a notable deaths of 2008 quiz. I did quite poorly with 28/42. It's very American centric, but we're getting used to that.

http://www.sporcle.com/

Sporcle have jumped on the bandwagon with a notable deaths of 2008 quiz. I did quite poorly with 28/42. It's very American centric, but we're getting used to that.

http://www.sporcle.com/

you thought you did poorly ?????

I thought I did rather well....but I only scored 12 :lol:

Bettie Page I spelt wrong . I didn't get Pollack (I must have spelt that wrong as well....) . But there was a major American bias which left me stumped in the main.

Good game though....anyone know of a similar quiz...but more UK based ?

My biggest problem is my own age - damn little pictures. I couldn't tell who was who half the time 'cause I couldn't focus on them.

Wait, that could be lack of sleep....

My biggest problem is my own age - damn little pictures. I couldn't tell who was who half the time 'cause I couldn't focus on them.

It took me a few minutes to work out what to do....I was clicking on pictures and then typing names :lol:

If you had a good memory , you could score well just by typing in names of people you knew who had passed on.....which is a bit of a cheat (though to be honest , thats all I did at the end....otherwise I would have scored 8)

It took me a few minutes to work out what to do....I was clicking on pictures and then typing names :lol:

If you had a good memory , you could score well just by typing in names of people you knew who had passed on.....which is a bit of a cheat (though to be honest , thats all I did at the end....otherwise I would have scored 8)

I only got Bernie Mac and Tim Russert through BC Alum's constant posting about them and remembered Crichton at the last minute. The only ones I should have got and didn't were Hoffman and Bo Diddly, the others I missed were people I'd never heard of. I didn't get Fossett either because I thought he died in 07.

I only got Bernie Mac and Tim Russert through BC Alum's constant posting about them and remembered Crichton at the last minute. The only ones I should have got and didn't were Hoffman and Bo Diddly, the others I missed were people I'd never heard of. I didn't get Fossett either because I thought he died in 07.

Bo Didd was one of my "key a name in and see if it fits".... :rolleyes:

Bo Didd was one of my "key a name in and see if it fits".... :rolleyes:

There's some other quite fun little quizzes on there too, I've been doodling around on it for a couple of hours, in between dozes.

I got 7/20 on the album covers !

I only got 5 on that one. I'm not very good with music or sports related quizzes.