10 minutes ago, time said:

Nobby The Sheep.

Kermit The frog.

Is that Alastair Stewart doing the supermarket sweep thing?

Possibly Shaw Taylor, back left as the camera sweeps round.

some other Bucks Fizz types (Mike Nolan?)

And the blonde woman next to Nick Cotton - is she also an EastEnder?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Not so much a quiz as my faceblindness absolutely pissing me off. How many celebs from this ITV Telethon 1992 ending can you recognise? I've got:

Gary Wilmott

Sheila Ferguson

Lesley Joseph

Tosh Lines

Lord Sutch

Cynthia Payne

Gorden Kaye

Nick Cotton
Cheryl Baker

Michael Aspel

Gloria Hunniford

I also think it's the classic Chippendales lineup and forgotten TV magician Andrew O'Connor on stage as well? Who else? I'm missing some really obvious ones.

Craig Charles is taking off the helmet

Vince Earl and Irene Marot of Brookside fame 

Trudie Goodwin and Graham Cole.

• Like 1

I think I spotted Richard Whiteley and Judith Chalmers.

• Like 1

A question to honor Sean Connery on his 90th birthday.

Sean's character has died in at least 4 films (that I know of) can you name them?

Robin and Marion will be one. I don't know about the others.

1 hour ago, torbrexbones said:

Sean's character has died in at least 4 films (that I know of) can you name them?

Not without cheating I can't, no.

Spoiler

Unverified list here

On 16/08/2020 at 11:38, Spade_Cooley said:

Not so much a quiz as my faceblindness absolutely pissing me off. How many celebs from this ITV Telethon 1992 ending can you recognise? I've got:

Gary Wilmott

Sheila Ferguson

Lesley Joseph

Tosh Lines

Lord Sutch

Cynthia Payne

Gorden Kaye

Nick Cotton
Cheryl Baker

Michael Aspel

Gloria Hunniford

I also think it's the classic Chippendales lineup and forgotten TV magician Andrew O'Connor on stage as well? Who else? I'm missing some really obvious ones.

Tosh Lines that was my first thought when I saw him as well :D:D:D:D:D:D  His name was Kevin Lloyd.   

2 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

I probably should be able to name more than this... but I've searched my mind, and there can be only one.

2 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

I'd have guessed the one beginning with Z, which I vaguely remember seeing on TV ages ago. I looked it up and I'm right.

Spoiler

Untouchables, Man Who Would be King and The Anderson Tapes, at least...

Well it seems that I am not a fan after all, there were a lot more than I thought but with a few where he was not seen to be dead and I was not counting voice only acting.

It was just a question that popped into my head while I was walking with my dog yesterday in the rain brought on by reading his birthday notice just before I went out.

1 hour ago, torbrexbones said:

Well it seems that I am not a fan after all, there were a lot more than I thought but with a few where he was not seen to be dead and I was not counting voice only acting.

It was just a question that popped into my head while I was walking with my dog yesterday in the rain brought on by reading his birthday notice just before I went out.

Ah he's been in nearly 100 films, it's understandable.

I'm a big fan of both Michael Caine and the late John Hurt, but I've not seen everything they did - not even close - because I think between them they must have made close to 500 films or TV shows...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

He's no Sean Bean, that's for sure.

25 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

According to Cinemorgue, he's died 24 times in the movies - one more time than Sean Bean has.

Rock95*** says 25 for the Beanmeister, but maybe that includes TV shows? Dunno, tbh. Also considers John Hurt the death-leader with 43. https://rock95.com/which-actor-dies-the-most-in-movies-and-on-tv/

I suppose we'd have to divide deaths into appearances for their crucial ERA (EDA?)

Anyway, let's not bicker and argue over 'oo killed 'oo. This is supposed to be a happy occasion!

*** I see they didn't even bother to include Connery, so it's hardly gospel.

So my fag packet calculations trying to work out which actor has made the most films without dying onscreen can be saved for another time? (best I have so far is Melissa McCarthy with 29).

4 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

So my fag packet calculations trying to work out which actor has made the most films without dying onscreen can be saved for another time? (best I have so far is Melissa McCarthy with 29).

No time like the present, sir - please continue and post results. Anyone else feel like having a try as well?

18 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Billy Crystal (32 movies)

Brie Larson (31 movies, although a clone of hers does get killed in one of the Captain Marvel's idk if that counts)

Liv Tyler (29 movies - she does "die" between the events of The Incredible Hulk and Avengers: Infinity War, but that doesn't count imho)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Bob Hope & Bing Crosby never seem to die in any of their films (other than on stage)

Yeah I was wondering about some of old leading ladies like Katherine Hepburn or Doris Day.

Bing Crosby is a great call: 71 films, the only arguable death he has on-screen is The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, where he narrates the story of Sleepy Hollow. But as he voices all of the characters as a narrator, it almost certainly doesn't count.

Bob Hope has 60 movies and the only one that can be argued is My Favorite Spy, where he plays the old "guy has a lookalike who gets killed instead of him" schtick.

Hepburn played Mary Stuart in Mary of Scotland, which obviously ends with her getting her head chopped off. Doris Day dies in Storm Warning - she gets shot at a KKK meeting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Bing Crosby is a great call: 71 films, the only arguable death he has on-screen is The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, where he narrates the story of Sleepy Hollow. But as he voices all of the characters as a narrator, it almost certainly doesn't count.

Bob Hope has 60 movies and the only one that can be argued is My Favorite Spy, where he plays the old "guy has a lookalike who gets killed instead of him" schtick.

Hepburn played Mary Stuart in Mary of Scotland, which obviously ends with her getting her head chopped off. Doris Day dies in Storm Warning - she gets shot at a KKK meeting.

Impressive response - I'll resist listing a motherload of old movie stars leaving you to have to research them all! (but who could bring themselves to shoot Doris Day!).

14 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Impressive response - I'll resist listing a motherload of old movie stars leaving you to have to research them all! (but who could bring themselves to shoot Doris Day!).

The Super Furry Animals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

The Super Furry Animals.

Haha - very good!