1 hour ago, Toast said:

You would have hoped that the Queen might finally snap and say, "No".

Alas, the Prime Minister can override the monarch, the civil service and even the security services over a knighthood if they so wish, and they have done in the past. See Jimmy Saville, who Thatcher tried to get a knighthood for 5 times before vouching for one on her resignation. 

Usually what can happen is the subject of a knighthood for someone is brought up in conversation between the Queen and PM before public announcement, and if the Queen is wary, a competent PM tends to drop it. However (and I have no idea if the Queen objected to this or not, so this is in general terms) if someone is as willing to complete ignore our unwritten constitution and "the right way to do things", then our system is utterly toothless. 

I’ve heard a rumour that the Queen has been using a lighter Samurai sword of late. Beheading for treason and stupidity to become fashionable again post Brexit to celebrate the Jubilee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

Beheading for treason and stupidity to become fashionable again post Brexit to celebrate the Jubilee.

make-it-so-jean-luc-picard.gif

• Like 2

A wild stab in the dark got me today's Worldle in 3!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, time said:

A wild stab in the dark got me today's Worldle in 3!

2 for me, but mainly because my starter word got me 3 of the 5 letters. :lol:

16 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

2 for me, but mainly because my starter word got me 3 of the 5 letters. :lol:

Sounds like you mean Wordle, rather than Worldle. My Worldle score today was 1! (A usual 4 on Wordle)

4 hours ago, time said:

Sounds like you mean Wordle, rather than Worldle. My Worldle score today was 1! (A usual 4 on Wordle)

Darn it, that's another one added to the list! :facepalm: Would've got it sooner had I looked at the country outline clue. 

I've never cracked it in less fewer than 3, although I have twice got the 6 letter version on the second go.

Since I’ve started with the word I currently start with, I’ve been getting quite a lot of 3s. This is my record as of just now:

D85746CD-90DA-4D24-B290-22ACBFD35045.thumb.jpeg.aa9180888a191273c524f21f45f55b8d.jpeg

I got MOIST in 1. Thinking of putting that on my CV. Or Tinder at least.

I’ve no intention of playing this new game du jour, but I have got 74,387 Quiz Planet rockets and a 424 average on WWF if you’re interested.

Ah the ways we fritter our time away as the Reaper stalks us…

PENIS. Naturally.

And I start Sedecordle (16 words, 21 guesses) with WHITE FROCK MUNGS BADLY. Picking the words off one by one becomes a breeze when you immediately put 20 letters in play.

State of today’s Worldle.

Are you fucking kidding me?

41 minutes ago, TQR said:

i don’t know where it is - I can’t be bothered to fill in 2 more answers to find out.

Worldle - today you have lost me forever.

As Duncan Bannatyne used to say ‘I’m out’

3 hours ago, TQR said:

60, 600 guesses even, I wouldn't have got that; the I was pretty certain it wasn't <spoiler alert> Diago Garcia though.

40 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

i don’t know where it is - I can’t be bothered to fill in 2 more answers to find out.

Worldle - today you have lost me forever.

As Duncan Bannatyne used to say ‘I’m out’

Spoiler

It's an uninhabited volcano somewhere between South Africa and the South Pole. Obvious once you know, really...:blink:

1 hour ago, msc said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's an uninhabited volcano somewhere between South Africa and the South Pole. Obvious once you know, really...:blink:

I knew immediately what it was given your clue.  I don’t even have to play now.  The remotest land in the world and shares my maternal grandmother’s surname so I knew about it for decades :D

11 hours ago, time said:

60, 600 guesses even, I wouldn't have got that; the I was pretty certain it wasn't <spoiler alert> Diago Garcia though.

Yeah, it's your fault I'm playing that now, and once I'd gone from Nauru to the Bahamas to Mauritius and was still nowhere near, I wasn't fancying my chances. 93% glacier. I mean, seriously.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Yeah, it's your fault I'm playing that now, and once I'd gone from Nauru to the Bahamas to Mauritius and was still nowhere near, I wasn't fancying my chances. 93% glacier. I mean, seriously.

It's @TQR's fault I'm playing it so ultimately, the blame lies there.

• Haha 2

Casual 2 on today's Worldle. ;)

Punt on the vague shape of the landmass, then punt on a landmass in the correct direction from that incorrect guess. Boom.

• Like 1

Also 2. First guess was 2,000km out.

3 on Wordle, but it took me about 15 mins. Quite a simple word but it absolutely stumped me.