21 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Casual 2 on today's Worldle. ;)

Punt on the vague shape of the landmass, then punt on a landmass in the correct direction from that incorrect guess. Boom.

8 minutes ago, TQR said:

Also 2. First guess was 2,000km out.

3 on Wordle, but it took me about 15 mins. Quite a simple word but it absolutely stumped me.

Well in another example of things only being easy if you know them, this one stumped me and I'd never heard of the place before.

26 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Casual 2 on today's Worldle. ;)

Punt on the vague shape of the landmass, then punt on a landmass in the correct direction from that incorrect guess. Boom.

13 minutes ago, TQR said:

3 on Wordle, but it took me about 15 mins. Quite a simple word but it absolutely stumped me.

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Well in another example of things only being easy if you know them, this one stumped me and I'd never heard of the place before.

I was a 4 on Worldle, recognised the outline but was barking up the wrong tree location-wise; also, by now, I should have some idea of distances between places on opposite hemispheres!

Also 4 on Wordle.

38 minutes ago, TQR said:

24 minutes ago, time said:

I was a 4 on Worldle, recognised the outline but was barking up the wrong tree location-wise; also, by now, I should have some idea of distances between places on opposite hemispheres!

Also 4 on Wordle.

To show I'm not always on top form, I barely got today's Wordle, sneaking in at 6. Had letters 2-4-5 from my 4th guess onwards but 1 and 3 were almost elusive for such a simple word. :facepalm: Had my first Wordle failure the other day with 'Cater'. Bearing in mind I started with HEART, I had, I think, 4 goes at ATER and didn't get it right.

• Like 1

Heardle was irritating. Needed 3 skips and spent my other guesses on the right artist but the wrong fucking songs :rant:

Marginally better time elsewhere. 4 on Wordle and 6 on Islandle

Utterly ridiculous but I’m now Nerdling too. It’s quite a good morning wake up ritual: Wordle, Worldle, Heardle, Nerdle.

Today: 

W - 4

WL - 1

H - 1

N - 4

I just do the 5 letter Wordle, and the 6 letter one which changes at midday so you get two goes.

I look at Worldle if I remember.

4 hours ago, Toast said:

I just do the 5 letter Wordle, and the 6 letter one which changes at midday so you get two goes.

I look at Worldle if I remember.

Have you tried Wordle Unlimited?

1 hour ago, Redrumours said:

Have you tried Wordle Unlimited?

No.

On 19/03/2022 at 09:49, TQR said:

Utterly ridiculous but I’m now Nerdling too. It’s quite a good morning wake up ritual: Wordle, Worldle, Heardle, Nerdle.

Today: 

W - 4

WL - 1

H - 1

N - 4

Tell me about it. I'm not even looking into Heardle. In part thanks to here and Facebook friends, I'm now doing Worldle, Nerdle and Wordle, then I started doing Quordle and Sedordle and the past couple of days I've done Dordle and Octordle too! :facepalm:

Today's scores:

W - Failed (1, 2 and 4 for the last 2 but not the right letters in between)

N - 5 (I was nearly there in 4)

WL - 5 (Literally miles away for most of it, which eventually led me to the right assumption, although it was still lucky)

D - 4 (By far my fastest so far)

Q - 8

O - 13 (Last chance saloon)

S - 19/21

1 hour ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

This is now officially the most boring thread on the forum, overtaking all of those created by Inquiline Kea.

Third most boring. It's not as boring as the Reality TV thread or the Internet Celebrities thread.

1 hour ago, time said:

Third most boring. It's not as boring as the Reality TV thread or the Internet Celebrities thread.

Or the celebrity babies one, or the similar birth pool thread.

• Thanks 1

Wordle today saw the end of a 236 streak. I haven’t felt this gutted about a game since the hard drive corrupted on my PlayStation 3 about 14 years ago.

Phew!  No mention of University Presidents!  That’s a win!

Wordle website decided it didn’t remember me after 100 or so wins, making me start again at game 1.  It sucked the fun out of it and I basically quit after a couple goes.  I’m surprised it hasn’t happened to anyone else.

I had a similar problem with wordle, when the word I was assigned to guess happened to be a different one to the rest of the internet. Gutted, as I lost a streak of 91, nowhere near as prolific as TQR. 

On 16/09/2022 at 20:42, TQR said:

Wordle today saw the end of a 236 streak. I haven’t felt this gutted about a game since the hard drive corrupted on my PlayStation 3 about 14 years ago.

I've no idea what my streak was (no more than double figures, but I too, failed on this. Got a second-liner today though.

15 minutes ago, time said:

I've no idea what my streak was (no more than double figures, but I too, failed on this. Got a second-liner today though.

Comforting to know it wasn’t just me who had a bad time of it yesterday. I’m still raging.

4309038C-17F6-48CB-B52B-25F0356077B3.thumb.jpeg.d8faf0e229c0a3a06309cca67d128280.jpeg

When i'm on the 6th line guess I go "fuck it" and head to the Wordle reddit and look at what the answer is.

Definite DL-friendly quiz here: the 33 2x RIAA-certified solo artists who died before the age of 50. I got 21/33...

Spoiler

Absolutely kicking myself for missing my hero Eazy-E and the mighty Big Pun. Did not know that Vince Guaraldi died that young, always assumed he made it to his mid-80s. Sure I tried Patsy Cline as an answer repeatedly, either it's logged wrong or I spelled it wrong repeatedly.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Definite DL-friendly quiz here: the 33 2x RIAA-certified solo artists who died before the age of 50. I got 21/33...

Hide contents

Absolutely kicking myself for missing my hero Eazy-E and the mighty Big Pun. Did not know that Vince Guaraldi died that young, always assumed he made it to his mid-80s. Sure I tried Patsy Cline as an answer repeatedly, either it's logged wrong or I spelled it wrong repeatedly.

I wound up distracting myself with 

Spoiler

Patsy Cline, who I knew was a correct answer. Also Notorious B.I.G which it wouldn't accept either.

• Like 1

After a many month hiatus I climbed onto the Wordle train 82 games ago, having NEVER lost (in maybe 225 goes)
That came to an end today when they invented a word that doesn’t exist. And I had the last four letters after 3 racks!  Ran out of options only to discover so had they so let’s make some shit up (in a fashion quite similar to TQR’s image above). They can place their game where the sun doesn’t shine, I’ll no play it agin.

4 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

After a many month hiatus I climbed onto the Wordle train 82 games ago, having NEVER lost (in maybe 225 goes)
That came to an end today when they invented a word that doesn’t exist. And I had the last four letters after 3 racks!  Ran out of options only to discover so had they so let’s make some shit up. They can place their game where the sun doesn’t shine, I’ll no play it agin.

Spoiler

946980247_Screenshot_20230908-1145202.thumb.png.81d626163b07835855df5222986e8a89.png

The one that fucked me was AXIOM.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

That came to an end today when they invented a word that doesn’t exist. And I had the last four letters after 3 racks!  Ran out of options only to discover so had they so let’s make some shit up (in a fashion quite similar to TQR’s image above). They can place their game where the sun doesn’t shine, I’ll no play it agin.

Spoiler

Rouse (v.) To excite, anger, prime or wake

I got it in 3.

• Like 1