D+, which is disappointing because my theory is that the green questions in Trivial Pursuit are the easiest.

5/10 on the Nobel Prize, got Nobel's quote wrong mind, and I felt confident about that answer.

If you're not all quizzed out, how about a Nobel Prize one?

8/10.

5/10 for me I'm afraid, better than I thought I'd do.

Anyone for this? Twist Endings, not as highbrow as previous quizzes, but fun if you can be bothered, especially as I got 8/10 :crossbone: .

D+, which is disappointing because my theory is that the green questions in Trivial Pursuit are the easiest.

I must have you on my team next time I play TP, I find the pink and yellow questions the easiest, all we need to make up a team is someone to take up the brown and blue, in my experience the sport (orange) is a complete hit and miss, if we can find someone with total knowledge of all sport before 1970 we are on to a winner!

82% (:crossbone: in science (better than I thought I'd do) and a 9/10 on the Nobel prize (guessed wrong on the WWII one)

I got 84%. That's a B. :crossbone:

The same.

I must have you on my team next time I play TP, I find the pink and yellow questions the easiest, all we need to make up a team is someone to take up the brown and blue, in my experience the sport (orange) is a complete hit and miss, if we can find someone with total knowledge of all sport before 1970 we are on to a winner!

I love the blue and green ones LG. Failing that I go for a stab in the dark on the international Kibaddi question or other bizarre leisure questions. However I try my damn hardest to avoid the brown farts and lit if at all possible!

Ive seen some of those before, quite brilliant.

Even I appear intelligent next to some of those knobheads.

5 is Terry Pratchett's "Making Money."

Another to add to thosee from "The Weakest Link" tonight

Anne Robinson: In 1941 Sir David Stirling founded which elite fighting force?

Contestant: The Lib Dems?

Another to add to thosee from "The Weakest Link" tonight

Anne Robinson: In 1941 Sir David Stirling founded which elite fighting force?

Contestant: The Lib Dems?

One from the Quiz Show answers made me snort my coffee up my nose... :skull:

"UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE (BBC2)

Jeremy Paxman: What is another name for 'cherrypickers' and 'cheesemongers'?

Contestant: Homosexuals.

Paxman: No. They're regiments in the British Army who will be very upset with you."

See how you get on

Absolutely terrible!

I could only fathom 23 constellations, most of my time spent spelling sagittarius but it did earn me another one that I never knew existed! Then as for the English, let's just say at least 20% of my 100 common words are not on that list, some of them can even bypass the filter on this site, just. :( After a few I changed tactics to think of the words you first learn in French, still didn't help me get more than 42%. Probably because the first words you learn in French are along the lines merde, putain, sallope... Anyway, you've all established long ago that linguistics is not my forte. At least I am assured of the useful skill of being able to name all the counties and a fair few countries. (Thankfully those minor countries in the UK were not included. Welshman, does westpwllglamorgangwynsheepshagshiregogogoch actually exist?)

Welshman, does westpwllglamorgangwynsheepshagshiregogogoch actually exist?)

For a polyglot, I'm disappointed with that, Mono. The town to which you refer is not a county and goes something like this... Llanfairpwllgwygyllgogerychwndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch. That's from memory, so it might not be 100%, but should be close enough for government work.

For a polyglot, I'm disappointed with that, Mono. The town to which you refer is not a county and goes something like this... Llanfairpwllgwygyllgogerychwndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch. That's from memory, so it might not be 100%, but should be close enough for government work.

As "welshman" will confirm (when back online), I understand it was just a made-up name that described its location rather than being a real place.

As a kid, I used to go to the Transport Museum at Clapham Common and a replica station sign was displayed on the wall...it stretched the length of the building. All of the kit that couldn't be sold off for scrap was shipped up to York(?)

This one is topical. How many Olympic cities can you name in 10 mins. I did 25/46 which is pretty bad

http://www.sporcle.com/games/olympics.php

41/46, only missed the '28 Summer and '24, '36, '56 and '60 Winters.

Nice quiz, Han. In the previous one, you beat me on the words and countries, we tied on the counties and I just about pipped you on the constellations. I bet old Star Crossed would kick arse on the latter.

Hard to find a decent death quiz, but try this one. I think most of the quotes have been used as sigs on here over the years.

I was being facetious, I am sorry honez. I know it's really just sheepshagshire but that's far too easy to get the tongue around, unlike most welsh :(

As for polyglot, I've a long way to go yet and I think it's turning more and more into Esperanto with every passing day.