Hire your own Madeleine lookalike for the day.

How about a whip-round for an appearance at deathcon2?

(gets coat and books ticket to hell)

I saw that headline yeterday and thought, who'd want to rent a Madeleine Luke O'Like for an afternoon? Besides Kate 'n Gerry.

But when you read the article that's not the story at all, some talent agency is just speculating that if a movie gets made then representing a kid who looks like Madeleine would be a useful bit of business. Which it would.

Once again, a dodgy publication trying to wring another drop of sensation out of pretty much a non-story

But if Kate and Gerry did.....like.....for one day, I mean, it's only like having Jason Bonham in Led Zeppelin, innit?

nmaddy1.jpg

Looking at the mouth and bottom teeth, I'm saying that she was kidnapped by her biological father.

madeleine_close.jpg

or perhaps... ?

839d1127645975-george-harrison-g02768.jpg

That's what my sister & I thought.

Dennis Weaver, Damon Hill, Peter Wyngarde are other suspects, but not, it would appear Robert Murat, then.

;)

"George Harrison", "suspect" and "Madeline McCann" make 359 hits on Google - thus far - police have their man now, surely?

Not sure that Shannon Matthews, the missing 9-year-old Dewsbury girl, merits her own thread so I'll tack this to discussion of another girl that was murdered by one or both of her parents hasn't been seen for a while.

There are a few things about the Shannon story that make me think that the mother may very well have ...

... um, so what's the deal with DL [strike-through notwithstanding] and libel law?

Er ... The England-France game today was good. Regan's foul was awful, though. Um, weather forecast for South-East England OK for tomorrow morning, but rain expected later in the day...

Guest Guest
Not sure that Shannon Matthews, the missing 9-year-old Dewsbury girl, merits her own thread so I'll tack this to discussion of another girl that was murdered by one or both of her parents hasn't been seen for a while.

If I had a pikey nightmare of a mam like that I'd want to go missing too.

Did we decide on Nicole Kidman as Kate in the lavish Hollywood biopic? Well, it'll have to be Pauline Quirke as Karen Matthews in the made-for-Channel 5 TV adaptation, then. Premieres at 2.30am on a Wednesday in May.

If I had a pikey nightmare of a mam like that I'd want to go missing too.

Did we decide on Nicole Kidman as Kate in the lavish Hollywood biopic? Well, it'll have to be Pauline Quirke as Karen Matthews in the made-for-Channel 5 TV adaptation, then. Premieres at 2.30am on a Wednesday in May.

Indeed. It'll be interesting to see how the media treat this story, considering their blanket coverage of the 'middle-class' McCann family...

The 2008 leader for the great British parenting skills abroad award is coming under criticism from the Indian police.

Where were the Tandoori 7?

At the risk of sounding like a Daily Mail reader, the police have a point. The poor kid was 15, apparently not in school, left more or less on her own in Goa while her mother travelled round the country. Just like dear old mumsy (who had eight other kids) she had her face pierced, according to one witness had taken LSD, ecstasy and cocaine, and was last seen drunk in a bar the night she was murdered.

My other half and I were discussing this case last night. I ranted about how irresponsible the mother must have been to leave a kid on her own in a place renowned for drug-tourism.

She responded by telling me her own feckless druggie mother had abandoned her on holiday in Spain at the age of 12 for 2 weeks to piss off to Morocco, only to try to get her to join her and her temporary "special friend" as he knew someone who would 'look after her'.

Fortunately, she had the common sense to tell her mum to f**k right off.

It seems to me there is a whole generation from the hippie era who have become the parents from hell. That Goa woman is weird.

There are a few things about the Shannon story that make me think that the mother may very well have ...

... um, so what's the deal with DL [strike-through notwithstanding] and libel law?

Er ... The England-France game today was good. Regan's foul was awful, though. Um, weather forecast for South-East England OK for tomorrow morning, but rain expected later in the day...

Found alive.

Blimey, I wasn't expecting that.

Probably got an arsehole like a Japanese flag now, but could be worse.

That's probably what her social worker's going to say... ;)

They went to town a little bit on story around Shannon Matthews as well, but I wouldn't want to be the lawyer trying to argue her parents have a reputation to lose.

Kaz and Gez (and hopefully the Magnificent Tapas 7) have been asked to star in a Portuguese remake of Clue.

Am Dram on the Algarve?

Not yet quite "I told you so", but it's looking likely that the mother was, indeed, fibbing.

Her body language and, more importantly, the odd things she said in press conferences while Shannon was missing, really didn't ring true.

We'll see..

Edit: Shannon's mother charged

The Sun ran a story yesterday reminding the world that a recent episode of Shameless involved a faked kidbnap for the purposes of getting money.

I mean, you couldn't make this sh*t up. There's people stumbling all round West Cumbria, scratching their heads and mumbling;' That lot in Dewsbury, they're worse than us!'

The Sun ran a story yesterday reminding the world that a recent episode of Shameless involved a faked kidbnap for the purposes of getting money.

I mean, you couldn't make this sh*t up. There's people stumbling all round West Cumbria, scratching their heads and mumbling;' That lot in Dewsbury, they're worse than us!'

I'm from Dewsbury and it's all true.

I salute a fellow poster with breeding on a par with mine. If they ever discover I can read and write they'll run me out of town.

I salute a fellow poster with breeding on a par with mine. If they ever discover I can read and write they'll run me out of town.

To my recollection we never had a horse in our chip shop, although there was a woman serving behind the counter who had a webbed neck. If only she had been spotted by an Olympic swimming coach - a glorious future wasted.

there was a woman serving behind the counter who had a webbed neck. If only she had been spotted by an Olympic swimming coach - a glorious future wasted.

Being blessed with a webbed neck and a squid beak she'd have been able to swim The Man from Atlantis into the, erm, ground. It would have been Olympic gold for Dewsbury for sure, if it wasn't for the "accident" with the filleting knife, beer batter and fryer.

"It was how she wanted to go," her husband said; "Two quid a portion and wrapped in the Sunday Sport."