Guest Steven Patrick et al.

Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me. No hope, but no harm just another false alarm. I saw the crystal visions. I kept my visions to myself...Dreams of loneliness, like a heartbeat, drove me mad. In the stillness of remembering what you had and what you lost. I think sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree? I travelled the world and the seven seas, everybody was looking for something. Some of them wanted to use you, some of them wanted to get used by you. Some of them wanted to abuse you, some of them wanted to be abused. I was quietly breathing, silent dreaming, thinking, yearning. Hoping for a better journey, understanding what I was planning, you were so blind you flounder drowning. So I ran, ran, ran away, like a train running off the track. The truth being left behind, falling between the cracks. I was standing on broken dreams, never losing sight. Dreaming the impossible dream, fighting the unbeatable foe, bearing with unbearable sorrow and running to where the brave dared not to go. I walked an empty street, the Boulevard of Broken Dreams, where the city sleeps and I was the only one and I walked alone. Oh my life was changing everyday in every possible way. Though in my dreams, it was never quite as it seems. Happy talking, talking, happy talk. We talked about things you liked to do. You got to have a dream. If you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?

I had quite an intense death-related dream last night and I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest.

I know that's a bit long, but I wanted to get it written down. And no, I haven't been playing video games or watching Star Wars.

How can you remember your dreams in such detail? I barely remember any of my dreams. The ones I do remember, I can only give a basic outline.

Do you sit with a note pad by the bed and write them down when you wake up?

• Like 1

Guest RD Laing
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me. No hope, but no harm just another false alarm. I saw the crystal visions. I kept my visions to myself...Dreams of loneliness, like a heartbeat, drove me mad. In the stillness of remembering what you had and what you lost. I think sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree? I travelled the world and the seven seas, everybody was looking for something. Some of them wanted to use you, some of them wanted to get used by you. Some of them wanted to abuse you, some of them wanted to be abused. I was quietly breathing, silent dreaming, thinking, yearning. Hoping for a better journey, understanding what I was planning, you were so blind you flounder drowning. So I ran, ran, ran away, like a train running off the track. The truth being left behind, falling between the cracks. I was standing on broken dreams, never losing sight. Dreaming the impossible dream, fighting the unbeatable foe, bearing with unbearable sorrow and running to where the brave dared not to go. I walked an empty street, the Boulevard of Broken Dreams, where the city sleeps and I was the only one and I walked alone. Oh my life was changing everyday in every possible way. Though in my dreams, it was never quite as it seems. Happy talking, talking, happy talk. We talked about things you liked to do. You got to have a dream. If you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?

This means that you are a failed rock star and a reprehensible human being. Anyone who quotes the Eurythmics, Green Day, Captain Sensible and f*****g Menswe@ar is on shaky ground indeed. Increase the dose, nurse.

Guest kd Laing

A candy-colored clown they call the sandman

Tiptoes to my room every night

Just to sprinkle stardust and to whisper

Go to sleep. everything is all right.

I close my eyes, then I drift away

Into the magic night. I softly say

A silent prayerlike dreamers do.

Then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you.

In dreams I walk with you. in dreams I talk to you.

In dreams youre mine. all of the time were together

In dreams, in dreams.

This is a very dull thread.

I had quite an intense death-related dream last night and I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest.

I know that's a bit long, but I wanted to get it written down. And no, I haven't been playing video games or watching Star Wars.

How can you remember your dreams in such detail? I barely remember any of my dreams. The ones I do remember, I can only give a basic outline.

Do you sit with a note pad by the bed and write them down when you wake up?

The dreams I do remember I remember very vividly for about a day, then it fades away fairly quickly. Long ago, for various reasons, it was recommended to me that I start writing my dreams down - therefore I try to do it the day after, even though I often don't feel like it, hence the reason that I post it on DL. Also, this dream was an unusually long one, I'm sure that in this case I'm only remembering part of it.

Guest Christine McVie
... I saw the crystal visions. I kept my visions to myself...Dreams of loneliness, like a heartbeat, drove me mad. In the stillness of remembering what you had and what you lost ...

This means that you are ... on shaky ground indeed. Increase the dose, nurse.

Steven did manage to quote some Stevie Nicks lyrics, which would indicate a slight improvement in his condition. He's still googling single words in order to stay roughly on-topic, though. We really must wean him off this google fetish. Fluoextine 40mg, twice daily, and the occasional shag should do the trick. But not from me, 'cos I'm a grumpy English cow.

Guest Mick Fleetwood
... I saw the crystal visions. I kept my visions to myself...Dreams of loneliness, like a heartbeat, drove me mad. In the stillness of remembering what you had and what you lost ...

This means that you are ... on shaky ground indeed. Increase the dose, nurse.

Steven did manage to quote some Stevie Nicks lyrics, which would indicate a slight improvement in his condition. He's still googling single words in order to stay roughly on-topic, though. We really must wean him off this google fetish. Fluoextine 40mg, twice daily, and the occasional shag should do the trick. But not from me, 'cos I'm a grumpy English cow.

I don't know why you're defending Stevie's lyrics all of a sudden, Christine - you used to hate her back in the day, you two-faced old bag!

I couldn't believe my luck when she agreed to shag a baldy beardy Lurch-o-like such as myself, mind you. :crossbone:

Latest DL related dream - Muhammad Ali - though all I remember is seeing that he was a recent death on Wikipedia.

Whoever kept deleting my posts about Stevie Nicks and her back-passage-blow-backs...ta.

No ta about it- they were really working for me. I know we're talking about dreams and I was conscious while they were working, but hey, it's Stevie Nicks, right?

Stevie Nicks and back-passage-blow-backs. Mmmm. Oh no, it's still working...

Cheers,

BHB :unsure:

You know 'arry, ever since you started this damn thread, I think I've had a DL-related dream every single night except one, which is disturbing because I often don't remember dreams, at least not long after I wake up. So this one is for you, mainly because it concerns you. I don't remember much about it, but basically I was in England and you took it upon yourself to show me the best of English culture, which apparentely amounted to a rock concert and a wild and crazy party afterwards. Not ever having seen what you look like, my brain processed one of your former avatars I think, because you looked sort of like a celebrity that I can't really think of... maybe whatsisface from Timeline. Lots of scruffy black and curly hair and a thin but full black beard and moustache, along with a strange tie die t-shirt and sunglasses at your side (which was surprising since it was night time). All I remember is that the party was so wild that a reporter took a picture of the party as "the wildest of Britain" and in the picture were a lot of celebrities (and ourselves), including Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, but you remarked that it probably wasn't the real celebrity and I said "Yeah, I know that 'arry."

The rest is fuzzy.

You know 'arry, ever since you started this damn thread, I think I've had a DL-related dream every single night except one, which is disturbing because I often don't remember dreams, at least not long after I wake up. So this one is for you, mainly because it concerns you. I don't remember much about it, but basically I was in England and you took it upon yourself to show me the best of English culture, which apparentely amounted to a rock concert and a wild and crazy party afterwards. Not ever having seen what you look like, my brain processed one of your former avatars I think, because you looked sort of like a celebrity that I can't really think of... maybe whatsisface from Timeline. Lots of scruffy black and curly hair and a thin but full black beard and moustache, along with a strange tie die t-shirt and sunglasses at your side (which was surprising since it was night time). All I remember is that the party was so wild that a reporter took a picture of the party as "the wildest of Britain" and in the picture were a lot of celebrities (and ourselves), including Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, but you remarked that it probably wasn't the real celebrity and I said "Yeah, I know that 'arry."

The rest is fuzzy.

I always wear sunglasses at night, but never tie-dye, Paulie Walnuts.

Ace Ventura was one of those movies where 'Jim Carey' was essential for the part but he was seriously the only one for the part because all the other actors 'turned it down'

Anyway from my view, I think you should consider being a writer Paul. I mean some of your dreams almost seem scripted. It's great, I always remember the one dream where you were by the water fountain and you 'walked into it or something' and yelled 'sh*t out loud' in English and the German officer questioned your tone and you said 'only trying to learn English' when you were in fact trying to do the opposite since you were an English spy. Excellent.

I always wear sunglasses at night.

Really? Sometimes I wear sun glasses in doors too.

because you looked sort of like a celebrity that I can't really think of... maybe whatsisface from Timeline. Lots of scruffy black and curly hair and a thin but full black beard and moustache, along with a strange tie die t-shirt and sunglasses at your side (which was surprising since it was night time).

The rest is fuzzy.

Other than that, fairly accurate though, eh Harry?

Oh god, you buggers have got me at it now. I had a dream about meeting various DL members at the upcoming DL-Con. There were lots of you (us?) there, but the only one who I remember with any semblance of clarity was Boudicca, who had dark hair in a bob. And she was shorter than me. She might have been holding a pint (cider?), but I am probably making it up now.

That would be fine, except I'm not even going. And Boudicca didn't have her baby with her - will he be old enough to be left with dad by then?

Or maybe I'm dreaming about dark-haired ladies, and Boudicca was just a name my sub-conscious extracted.

Now I'm really rambling. It's as if I've become TLC all of a sudden.

maybe whatsisface from Timeline

You mean this chap, CP?

Atilla_040.jpg

Funnily enough, there is an uncanny resemblance. :unsure:

Other than that, fairly accurate though, eh Harry?

Impressively so; I think the only detail missing is you, Miki and Emma from Lush getting slowly mashed at a corner table.

maybe whatsisface from Timeline

You mean this chap, CP?

Atilla_040.jpg

Funnily enough, there is an uncanny resemblance. :unsure:

Yup, that's the one, except with much less head hair and substantially more facial hair.

No DL dreams this night, just a mess of dreams including my friend and I trying to raid CIA headquarters, almost getting caught, then helping a very young and attractive girl with black hair escape (when asked "who are you?" she replied "four warrants in three states. You figure it out"). Another included my Croatian friend and Asian nemesis from Freshman Year of college hanging out with me before getting busted by the cops for "camping out on the sidewalk" (we had tried to move all of our possessions up the hill, but he saw through our ruse). Later, the detective got pissed and told us that we were all on probation because his investigation had uncovered magic mushrooms among our possession. I ran after him to tell him that they were Mikey and Marina's, but he didn't seem to care (he was a ginger, full bear and moustache) and said now I looked like I was ratting on my friends (which I wasn't!).

I always wear sunglasses at night

Really? I find moonglasses are a far better choice for the debonair man-about-town after midnight.

For those who are curious, or just want to prevent me from getting unique picks, here's my full list of people I've seen die in dreams, with a * indicating that I've had more than one death-related dream about them, and in order. Also, I don't believe I've ever had a dream where someone dead died.

Ronald Reagan, Charles Lane*, Ariel Sharon, Benoit Mandelbrot, Meinhardt Raabe, Jean Stapleton, Mark Mothersbaugh, Suharto, Ice Cube, Ice T, Ron Santo*, Luciano Pavarotti, Stephen Fry, Tammy Faye*, Tom Poston, Ray Berres, Stewart Udall, Tony Martin, Elizabeth Bolden, Paul Prudhomme, Kenneth Kendall, Richard Whitemore, Margaret Thatcher, Johannes Heesters, Boris Yeltsin, Betty Ford, Saad al-Sabah*, Al Oerter, Harper Lee, Michael Foot, John Archibald Wheeler, Hans Erni, Flory Van Donck and Nichelle Nichols.

Out of those, the only one who's died and not been on a list of mine was Boris Yeltsin, although if you don't count my HDP entry the first year (and I don't really), then Elizabeth Bolden as well.

Add Al Oerter to that list. :lol:

I had a really horrible dream last night about dead pigeons. Nothing to do with the dl at all just wanted to get it off my chest.

The rest is fuzzy.

Well Harry, does that make you

A: Blind

B: A Poser

C: Stevie Wonder

D: Something Else

Come on, confess all, you are amongst friends!

I had a really horrible dream last night about dead pigeons. Nothing to do with the dl at all just wanted to get it off my chest.

I'd like to craft some witty remark about you being "dead pigeon-chested", but it would be crap and I can't be bothered.

I had a fairly odd dream last night.

It started off with me sitting in my house watching TV when all of a sudden there was a knock at the door. I went to answer the door, and as soon as it opened, someone barged past me with a bottle of booze claiming that there was a party at my house. I looked down my path to find that there were more zombie like party goers coming up my drive. Again they all just barged past me.

I remember that my house was full and I was getting fairly stressed out because I didn't know any of the people. The place was trashed and they started spewing up everywhere (I'm assuming they spewed, I only recall cleaning it up while drunken people tripped over me). Anyway, as the night wore on I started asking people to leave. It was going well until I asked a particularly big black guy to leave. I remember he was wearing a white fur coat, and can remember being terrified of him. Anyway, I asked him to leave. He pulled a gun on me and chased me out my house.

That's all I can remember. It could reflect my dislike of social occassions.

I had an even odder dream the night before that. It involved me now deceased Grandma. She was discussing her health and she said that she wasn't all that ill. Then I had that strange feeling where I knew this couldn't be right, because I remembered she was dead. It is odd when that happens. I often have odd dreams like that. One of the worse ones was about six months after she died. One of her friends who was her next door neighbour had died in real life. Anyway, around that time I dreamed that I was on my way to tell my grandma that her good friend had died. I climbed the stairs to her flat, past her now deceased friend's flat (they were on the same landing), and rang my granda's doorbell. There was no one answering so I went into her house to the living room. She wasn't in her chair. I checked the kithen where she would often sit and nose into passer byes business. She wasn't there. I then checked her bedroom. I couldn't see her but her bed was unmade so I checked the floor fearful that she had fallen on to the floor through the night. She wasn't there. Then in a panic, I made my way out of her house on to the landing and there she was - standing outside her dead friend's house. She had her stick in one hand, and grasped the railing with the other - she just stood there looking at me. Then I woke up. Again I knew it made no sense. She died six months before her friend. It was fairly spooky though - perhaps she is haunting me.

After a bit of a drought, a weird one a few days ago. I loaded up the Rotten Deadpool and saw that three people had died on October 10 (I think this was the night of October 10, so the day itself had already passed) - the three were John Babcock, Harrison Ford and Sting. I remember Ford in particular surprised the hell out of me, because he had dropped dead of a heart attack while filming IJ4 and it's about the only time I've woken up from a DL dream and actually thought the person in question was dead (had to check Wikipedia first thing in the morning to reassure myself). Anyhow, I remember OoO chastising me for not picking any of them. He actually looked like Admiral Ackbar, though, which is strange, since usually my subconscious eschews the avatars and creates an image of what the person might look like (see MPFC and 'arry etc.).

Anyhow, so that's three more possibilities for my HDP team next year, along with Muhammad Ali and Nicholas Kao Se Tseien from a while back.

Somebody I know had a dream about me which involved a 'Wishing Well' that's drop went so deep a quarter would fall for eternity. I stood beside it very proud as the elderly celebrities stood in a line and jumped into it one after the other.

• Like 1