I had a dream last night where I and a couple of others on this forum found out through some form of book, that Suzanne Whang had died unnoticed three years ago.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I had a dream last night where I and a couple of others on this forum found out through some form of book, that Suzanne Whang had died unnoticed three years ago.

Then you can settle the 'did she QO' row.

On 17/09/2019 at 01:52, gcreptile said:

Talk about timing

Dreamt that my final DDP homepage update before handing the reins over was for Anne Murray.

So I dreamt that Grace Slick dies today and that Sir Creep posted it. Let's see...

• Like 1

Dreamed Courtney Cox and gyeneth paltrow died checked on Wikipedia and it had the -2020 after their birth years. I had just watched contagion though.

• Shocked 1

In the middle of a dream the other night I turned on the TV to watch the BBC news which was being presented by Clive Myrie. The top story was Roy Hattersley had died.

• Shocked 2

Yesterday I had a dream that Russian voice actor  (most notable works: Jared Leto in Blade Runner 2049 and Edward Norton in Motherless Brooklyn) and dubbing director ("The Witcher" Netflix series) Ivan Kalinin has died at 38. I also had the same dreams about David Byrne and Halle Berry a while back. I'm a big fan of Talking Heads.

I just woke up from my first (remembered) dream about covid. The last thing I remember was that Noddy Holder had just died of it. I had to do a quick check before this post, but relieved to find him completely unaffected. 

Today I dreamed that Sumner Redstone died, and someone (Death Impends, I think) posted that Dilip Kumar wins the battle of the immortals.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Today I dreamed that Sumner Redstone died, and someone (Death Impends, I think) posted that Dilip Kumar wins the battle of the immortals.

I had a weird dream the other night where we all found out DDT had died. It turned out he was a 70 year old farmer called Francis and had drowned in a recent flash flood in Devon trying to save his combine harvester.

Anyhow he's still posting, but on the off chance he's a 70 year old farmer one day in a flash flood, just let the combine harvester go and save yourself... :D

(I don't know why an animal farmer would have a combine harvester but I'm not in charge of the dreams...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, msc said:

I had a weird dream the other night where we all found out DDT had died. It turned out he was a 70 year old farmer called Francis and had drowned in a recent flash flood in Devon trying to save his combine harvester.

Anyhow he's still posting, but on the off chance he's a 70 year old farmer one day in a flash flood, just let the combine harvester go and save yourself... :D

(I don't know why an animal farmer would have a combine harvester but I'm not in charge of the dreams...)

To be honest past assessment shows that the chances of us finding out someones actually died rather than them just disappearing on this forum are pretty slim. 

15 minutes ago, msc said:

There was no mention of one in his thread, but that was 10 long years ago; perhaps he has an entire fleet now. It was all about the tractors in 2008.

• Like 1

This thread has reminded me of a really weird one I had a couple of weeks ago.

I dreamt I had an alt account on here called ‘Chairman Lmao’ that was made a moderator. Lots of people (Toast was the most vocal about this) suspected this Chairman Lmao was in fact TQR so I had a huge, elongated blow up on here with TQR. Then it just turned into me properly trolling TQR (the fact that this was me was somehow lost in the narrative), setting its rank thing to my real name, the avatar to a drunk picture of me and my location to my actual address. I genuinely woke up with my heart beating several times it’s normal rate.

• Haha 5

57 minutes ago, msc said:

Do any farmers still actually own combine harvesters?  They all seem to use contractors these days with those massive German combines.

Although thinking about it, there's an agricultural machinery dealer up the road from me, so i suppose some of them must.

I could watch combines at work for hours .....

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Do any farmers still actually own combine harvesters?  They all seem to use contractors these days with those massive German combines.

Although thinking about it, there's an agricultural machinery dealer up the road from me, so i suppose some of them must.

I could watch combines at work for hours .....

tbh I wouldn't know. I blame the Wurzels song for appearing in my mind at random intervals.

I just awoke from a dream that featured The Levellers, a crusty 90s band whom I barely remember as a sort of inferior, smellier Waterboys. They did that song "there's only one way of life and that's your own" - which their adoring fans sang along to in unison like the crowd outside Brian of Nazareth's house. That always made me smile.

Dreamt that I was watching tv and they were showing lots of archive footage of The Rolling Stones and I was expecting it to be announced that one of them had died but it turned out to be a debate on whether Mick Jagger was sexy or not. 

• Haha 6

60s singers seem to be my new dream theme.  Last night I dreamt Tom Jones recorded a new version of 'They're Coming to Take me Away [ha,ha]' with Chris Barrie in Gordon Brittas mode.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Handrejka said:

60s singers seem to be my new dream theme.  Last night I dreamt Tom Jones recorded a new version of 'They're Coming to Take me Away [ha,ha]' with Chris Barrie in Gordon Brittas mode.  

You have to stop eating cheese and pickled onions before you go to bed, Handy.:)

3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You have to stop eating cheese and pickled onions before you go to bed, Handy.:)

At least I seem to have stopped dreaming about excrement. 

• Shocked 1

Last night I dreamt that Prince Charles announced he would like to be known as Wednesday III on becoming king which prompted a lot of speculation about his sanity. Well it would rather wouldn't it?

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Last night I dreamt that Prince Charles announced he would like to be known as Wednesday III on becoming king which prompted a lot of speculation about his sanity. Well it would rather wouldn't it?

My money, if I bet, would be on George VII. Avoids Charles as a King name, pays tribute to his grandfather, implies a strong sense of duty and continuation and not rocking the boat so good virtue signalling to any worried upper classes who read signals.

Better if he was King Louis in honour of Mountbatten.

Given what he was up to with Camilla when Diana was alive, he'd truly be the King Of The Swingers! ;)

3 hours ago, Handrejka said:

Wednesday 13 would surely take the career boost of a name change from that....