Dreamt that I was looking down the "Deaths in 2020" Wikipedia page and was perturbed to notice that nobody had reported the death of the saxophone player from Chicago. Except in my dream he was called "Greg" something. In real life the original sax player from Chicago was Walter Parazaider, who did retire from music a few years ago due to a heart condition, so....

Last night’s absolute gem: I was watching TV and the programme was interrupted with the breaking news that “Sir Jeremy Clarkson has been found dead at his home at the age of 61”. He was a unique pick for me in several deadpools on here. I was confused to receive lots of angry PMs from @msc accusing me of bringing the DDP into disrepute by cheating and killing my joker pick.

Anyway, opened my front door and there were 4 police cars waiting for me. I was arrested on suspicion of murder, handcuffed, bundled into my own car (because they’d obviously nick mine rather than use theirs) and at the station found out that a “well-known colleague of Mr Clarkson” had given evidence against me via an ‘online forum’.

In summary, I kill Clarkson next year for joker points and msc is probably James May.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Last night’s absolute gem: I was watching TV and the programme was interrupted with the breaking news that “Sir Jeremy Clarkson has been found dead at his home at the age of 61”. He was a unique pick for me in several deadpools on here. I was confused to receive several angry PMs from @msc accusing me of bringing the DDP into disrepute by cheating and killing my joker pick.

Anyway, opened my front door and there were 4 police cars waiting for me. I was arrested on suspicion of murder, handcuffed, bundled into my own car (because they’d obviously nick mine rather than use theirs) and at the station found out that a “well-known colleague of Mr Clarkson” had given evidence against me via an ‘online forum’.

In summary, I kill Clarkson next year for joker points and msc is probably James May.

Damn, this disguise got a good run though...

tbh the least likely bit there is Clarkson getting a knighthood...

• Like 2

I know this was 8 years ago but worth a mention here. On the morning of the 24th September 2012, I dreamt that I opened wooden shutters to see DL hit and my favourite actor Herbert Lom looking at me and fainting in shock, the exact same way when Dreyfus fainted when he saw Clouseau in Revenge of The Pink Panther. Immediately afterwards, I saw a pair of shoes with a mini image of Lom and the words  “Great Actor Dead” on them. Lom died 3 mornings later and I swear that dream, as crazy as it sounds, did happen!

Had a strange dream last night where Sam Simon was still alive, but still diagnosed with terminal cancer at the same time he was in reality, and never stopped being an enormously popular deadpool pick. He had just announced he was stopping treatment, leaving the forum wondering if he would make an 8th consecutive DL/Drop 40 appearance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess this time of year is the premier time for DeathList dreams. Had one last night where the Crowdsourced DeathList for 2021 was revealed. Ryan Buell, Scott Thorson, and Superstar Billy Graham all appeared around the 40-50 spots. John Astin was also in that area. Even more bizarrely than the fraudster trio, the actor Dean Jones was #50, despite having died in 2015. I guess my dreams want to keep reviving 2015 cadavers.

• Like 1

Just had a very brief dream that Prince Phil has popped it, watch this space! 

Death Impends was in my dream last night, wearing angel wings and helping me solve the murder of a Russian teenager.  

• Like 6

I was in the Gloucester HMV shop where I briefly once worked, and Ozzy Osbourne came in to try and get a refund on a vinyl album he'd clearly and clumsily scratched up himself. I refused him and he shuffled off sheepishly. Perhaps I represent God or St Peter or Satan, denying him entry to the afterlife for now.

Later, or perhaps earlier, I had a putting competition around the shop with the store manager. The 'flags' were feet of the racks (I suppose).

Every customer seemed to want advice rather than wanting to buy anything.

There was yet another TV advertised Elvis compilation on sale and people asked me about it.

• Like 1

3 distinct moments I remember from my dream last night:

Sidney Poitier died, and in the dream, he was the incumbent Democratic Senator from Iowa, whose beloved actor status allowed him to still narrowly win in the generally Republican state (winning his most recent election by 5,000 votes).

An Argentine president who only existed in the context of the dream announced a recurrence of throat cancer with not long to live, and the forum was stunned Carlos Menem might outlive another officeholder.

Art Rupe died and awaited a QO to become my 100th lifetime DDP hit.

On 28/01/2021 at 17:42, Death Impends said:

3 distinct moments I remember from my dream last night:

Sidney Poitier died, and in the dream, he was the incumbent Democratic Senator from Iowa, whose beloved actor status allowed him to still narrowly win in the generally Republican state (winning his most recent election by 5,000 votes).

An Argentine president who only existed in the context of the dream announced a recurrence of throat cancer with not long to live, and the forum was stunned Carlos Menem might outlive another officeholder.

Art Rupe died and awaited a QO to become my 100th lifetime DDP hit.

Hmmm.... only the "Menem outliving a successor" thing seems plausible.

A local, fictional, radio presenter by the name of Billy Jeffries was murdered live on air in my dream last night and everyone was treating it like a joke. I think i am listening to too many crime dramas on the radio at the moment.

• Haha 1

I was in Buckingham palace with my husband (I’m single and don’t recognise this geezer in my dream) who was collecting an MBE for services to entertainment. We were in this lobby with general merriment, drinks, canapés and other people presumably on the honours list (two people I remember being in the room are Sir David Attenborough and Eddie Izzard). Then a couple of doctors rushed through the room and some officials started talking through their earpieces in a panic, and I overheard one asking “Who’s going to phone through that London Bridge is down?” Anyway, I posted this in QEII’s thread and I heard that DL notification noise and Attenborough looked at his phone.

Don’t know what was more of a shock; the Queen dying upstairs while waiting to knight people or the fact that Attenborough is a poster on here?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I was in Buckingham palace with my husband (I’m single and don’t recognise this geezer in my dream) who was collecting an MBE for services to entertainment. We were in this lobby with general merriment, drinks, canapés and other people presumably on the honours list (two people I remember being in the room are Sir David Attenborough and Eddie Izzard). Then a couple of doctors rushed through the room and some officials started talking through their earpieces in a panic, and I overheard one asking “Who’s going to phone through that London Bridge is down?” Anyway, I posted this in QEII’s thread and I heard that DL notification noise and Attenborough looked at his phone.

Don’t know what was more of a shock; the Queen dying upstairs while waiting to knight people or the fact that Attenborough is a poster on here?

Seek professional help Or accept that you are a daytime tv cook with pretensions. Or.....

19 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Seek professional help Or accept that you are a daytime tv cook with pretensions. Or.....

0E5A1449-49CA-4F51-9102-8780B997D1D2.jpeg.80341820ef6a1ccffb87b2d59d544b07.jpeg

10 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

0E5A1449-49CA-4F51-9102-8780B997D1D2.jpeg.80341820ef6a1ccffb87b2d59d544b07.jpeg

I fucking hate that word "banter". Can you not just call me a wanker like any other civilized person would.  

PS: More nosh. less dosh. 

Keane’s Tom Chaplin died last night in a violent dispute with his band. They were doing a collaboration with Clean Bandit (Keane Bandit), when their creative differences turned nasty.

I don’t remember having any blue cheese yesterday evening.

28 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Keane’s Tom Chaplin died last night in a violent dispute with his band. They were doing a collaboration with Clean Bandit (Keane Bandit), when their creative differences turned nasty.

I don’t remember having any blue cheese yesterday evening.

Misread what thread this was in for a second and it took me to the third sentence to twig...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Misread what thread this was in for a second and it took me to the third sentence to twig...

I told it like that cos I wanted to hang on to every last second of believing this was now a Keaneless world.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I told it like that cos I wanted to hang on to every last second of believing this was now a Keaneless world.

Is it any wonder?

Wait, hang on...

7 minutes ago, msc said:

Is it any wonder?

Wait, hang on...

The worst thing is, I know you’re probably quite proud of that :D

Just now, The Quim Reaper said:

The worst thing is, I know you’re probably quite proud of that :D

It was half-accidental, then I thought "is there any better Keane songs for the pun?" then I thought "I can't be arsed thinking of Keane for longer than a few seconds, press reply"...

20 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

They'd just replace him with the singer of Coldplay/Elbow/Muse/Kaiser Chiefs/Snow Patrol/Razorlight/random landfill indie band, and nobody would even notice.

3 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

They'd just replace him with the singer of Coldplay/Elbow/Kaiser Chiefs/Snow Patrol/Razorlight/random landfill indie band, and nobody would even notice.

Oh that’s top drawer. Keane with Guy Garvey! All the nation’s divorced fiftysomething Peugeot minicab drivers have come at once.