Not particularly interesting but I had a very strange dream last night, no one died but the DL was involved. Boudicca and I were members of a 'DL Ladies Book Club', we'd read a book by some American author called Debbie Conroy (no idea where that name came from, I can only imagine that part of it was because Bou and I were discussing Pat Conroy's books a few days ago) and at the end it invited us to write to a councillor in the USA with our comments, so we did. We both received parcels back from him containing - 2 pairs of pyjamas, 2 scarves (Indian print with elephants on them), a heavy net bag that was sort of tie dyed green, yellow and sparkly pink, a walnut, a chocolate (WTF?), 3 £1 coins and 4 books wrapped in pretty paper, we were desperate to open the books to see if they were more from our new 'favourite' author and were very disappointed to find they were religious tracts along the lines of 'let Jesus into your life, only he can save you' :unsure: . I don't think I should have had a couple of glasses of this last night, God knows how my mind turned all that up, but it was exceptionally vivid.

If there are any 'dream analysists' among you please reassure me that I am not going completely mad ;) .

• Like 1

I don't think I should have had a couple of glasses of this last night, God knows how my mind turned all that up, but it was exceptionally vivid.

Roast pheasant and Remy VSOP? And here I was thinking I was living the high life with lemon chicken and a couple of pints of microbrew!

I don't think I should have had a couple of glasses of this last night, God knows how my mind turned all that up, but it was exceptionally vivid.

Roast pheasant and Remy VSOP? And here I was thinking I was living the high life with lemon chicken and a couple of pints of microbrew!

:unsure: CP, can I just say the Remy Martin was a Xmas present my mum got, but as she spent New Year and most of January being critically ill it was only opened this week, bit of a celebration of her amazing recovery. Pheasants are 10-a-penny (£6 for a brace of them) down here and you often see them in our garden (no I didn't kill them myself!), but as we'd had such a rotten Xmas/New Year and as we only got the gas fitters to plumb in the cooker last week, after 11 weeks without one, I thought it would be nice to make a full roast dinner this evening, especially as we have 'the monsters' (aka brother, sister-in-law and two young children) descending on us tomorrow for 2 1/2 weeks, we were making the most of it, no doubt it will be back to egg and chips soon ;) .

I'm not a pheasant plucker

I'm a pheasant plucker's son,

I'm only plucking pheasants'

'Till the pheasant plucker comes

WTP?

I had a dream that I were in some modernized environment with yuppies and oriental salesman. One of the salesman had a device which appeared to be flat and it created a transparent image of products and their prices. I've imagined this device before, I can imagine it existing in the future. Maybe in a few decades. The device will create life size images, transparent in appearance, but with sound, color, and it will have a memory. A dying man could dictate his will from this projector.

I had a dream that I were in some modernized environment with yuppies and oriental salesman.

Probably a brothel...

I had a dream that I were in some modernized environment with yuppies and oriental salesman. One of the salesman had a device which appeared to be flat and it created a transparent image of products and their prices. I've imagined this device before, I can imagine it existing in the future. Maybe in a few decades. The device will create life size images, transparent in appearance, but with sound, color, and it will have a memory. A dying man could dictate his will from this projector.

imagesflasher-thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Very creative Ho - nez. I knew that post would be a magnet for a futuristic little nugget like you.

So how's influx? Is it still rattling the shelves? Are you still writing? Or have you clicked your heels and decided that you'll just be a one read wonder.

Very creative Ho - nez. I knew that post would be a magnet for a futuristic little nugget like you.

So how's influx? Is it still rattling the shelves? Are you still writing? Or have you clicked your heels and decided that you'll just be a one read wonder.

Its always clever to try and get you own back when somebody has just made you look a complete prick.

The problem is BS, you a constantly made to look a prick and your ridiculous attempts to respond merely look like a punch drunk swinging at thin air because their opponent is too swift and too smart for them.

Something you must be well used to, eh BS?

Thank you for your concern Banshee, things are just fine. The second's with my agent who's looking for a good home for it. I also have a few other creative irons in the fire that aren't future-driven spec fic. I'd explain further, but really can't be arsed.

Its always clever to try and get you own back when somebody has just made you look a complete prick.

The problem is BS, you a constantly made to look a prick and your ridiculous attempts to respond merely look like a punch drunk swinging at thin air because their opponent is too swift and too smart for them.

I know exactly what Honez is, LFN. And I know exactly what you are. Whether or not you are familiar with the way I work,

familiar with my approach to things, that I'm not so sure. But I'm positive that the general image you envision is false.

I know exactly what Honez is, LFN. And I know exactly what you are. Whether or not you are familiar with the way I work,

familiar with my approach to things, that I'm not so sure. But I'm positive that the general image you envision is false.

Oh, Im very familiar with the way you work, as is everybody else.

General image? Of a twat? All true.

Had a dream about reading about "Jane Goodie"'s death on the DL that was so realistic that it made the leap from dream to memory. I was genuinely surprised to log onto the Internet and find out that she was still alive.

It might have had something to do with the fact that I had a conversation last night with one of the most racist people I've ever met. :)

It might have had something to do with the fact that I had a conversation last night with one of the most racist people I've ever met. :)

So what brought you to New York?

Dreamt that William G Stewart died. That's it really.

I must have th GDR on the brain. I dreamt last night that I was trying to persuade you all to put Sigmund Jähn on next year's deathlist by sending you all old East German postcards with his picture on. The only person who replied was BCAlum who wrote back warning me not to send "Communist sh*t" in the post to him again or he'd have me shot.

I've had a recurring dream recently that secret messages are being transmitted via The Archers. Every time I think I'm about to decipher what the messages mean and who they are intended for, I wake up. Now, when I am awake and listening to the programme, I'm drawn in to this strange twilight zone where Phil Archer's comments about his farm's milk yield warp in to some sort of rallying cry for the listening aliens to invade. The Sunday morning omnibus edition really isn't the relaxing experience it used to be. :skill2:

I posted this on Facebook, but I might as well share it here as well. You know how usually when you have a dream either you know it's a dream, or it's so fantastical that it doesn't really bother you or maybe you don't think about it all? Well in this dream, I was entirely convinced that what I was witnessing was reality.

So it's about midnight and I'm in the PCL (one of UT's libraries) studying for who knows what. I look out the window and I see two planes flying above the UT Tower and I'm like, hmm..., that's a bit odd, why are there two planes and why are they flying so low? It suddenly dawns on me that they are fighter-bombers but before I can make a comment, they swoop down and launch something at the UT Tower.

There's really no way to convey how absolutely f*****g scary it looked... keep in mind, in the dream, there's not a single hint that what's going on is not real. No fantastical elements, everything laid out in immaculate detail etc. etc. The scene is horrific; the east side is hit first, around the 22nd floor and begins to collapse inwards, but the west side is hit on the 24th floor (right around where my office is BTW), and the whole thing just begins to crumble. Within seconds the entire building has collapsed into a pile of smoldering rubble.

So I run to the site of the attack, wondering who the hell would attack Austin and why, and I get there and fires are everywhere, people are panicked and screaming, smoke is barely visible shooting upwards to the midnight sky. It was truly frightening. Then suddenly, it dawns upon me that the attack isn't finished, but was meant to draw people together on the scene. I start to run away, but I see the fighters diving in towards the crowd, then everything goes black.

In the blackness, words begin to be written in flames and a strange voice is reading and commenting on them at the same time. I forget exactly what it said (sadly), but the gist of what had happened had something to do with Indian nationals in a prison in New York, and that more attacks would come from India unless I they were freed. I was told to "look it up" on the Internet and do what I could to help prevent more attacks.

So yeah, now every time I see the tower at night, I'm going to think of that. Here's a link to a picture of more or less the colour scheme of the tower in my dream:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:UT_tower...y_in_orange.jpg

This one is odd, had it on Sunday night, I dreamt I was lying in my bed on my lefthand side (which I rarely do, I'm face down mostly or on my righthand side) facing the room and not the wall, opened my eyes and a wraithlike Grim Reaper (not our GR, the one with the scythe) was beside my bed bringing his scythe down towards me, yet his cowl and cloak were brown and not black, I was terrified and was trying to work out a way to escape, couldn't, thought if I turned a light on he would vanish, I then fiddled with my lamp trying to turn it on and it would only come on as dim (in real life my lamp doesn't have that option), try as he might the scythe never quite made contact with me, I know I was trying to scream but nothing came out, I didn't wake up immediately, the dream went through some other stuff that was realistic to my house, but I finally woke up and was indeed lying in the exact same position as I had dreamed I had been in and with my hand outstretched onto the lamp. Scared the sh*t out of me.

This one is odd, had it on Sunday night, I dreamt I was lying in my bed on my lefthand side (which I rarely do, I'm face down mostly or on my righthand side) facing the room and not the wall, opened my eyes and a wraithlike Grim Reaper (not our GR, the one with the scythe) was beside my bed bringing his scythe down towards me, yet his cowl and cloak were brown and not black, I was terrified and was trying to work out a way to escape, couldn't, thought if I turned a light on he would vanish, I then fiddled with my lamp trying to turn it on and it would only come on as dim (in real life my lamp doesn't have that option), try as he might the scythe never quite made contact with me, I know I was trying to scream but nothing came out, I didn't wake up immediately, the dream went through some other stuff that was realistic to my house, but I finally woke up and was indeed lying in the exact same position as I had dreamed I had been in and with my hand outstretched onto the lamp. Scared the sh*t out of me.

I have nightmares like that if I eat cheese and pickled onions before bed.

If it is any help, most vivid dreams surrounding mortal situations generally occur within fourteen days of the vision. :crossbone:

I dreamt that Michael Jackson died of a heart attack in LA and lots of part-timer postwhores came skulking out of the woodwork to post something really dull about it.

Good dream, I had a dream that Penelope Cruz died (randon, me thinks).

• Like 1