Stayin Alive

Summer Olympic Deaths/Dead Medallists

https://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/7414365/paralympian-cooke-hospitalised-after-crash/

Three-time paralympic gold medal winner cyclist (2012 London, two in 2016 Rio) Carol Cooke has been hospitalised with a collapsed left lung after a crash.

Three baseball greats, Sadaharu Oh (1940-), Shigeo Nagashima (1936-) and Hideki Matsui (1974-) carried the torch during the olympic opening

Shigeo Nagashima didn't look great:

baseball.thumb.png.3240160da8f1f3c8ec6effbb56fb83e5.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Gold Medallist in the hammer throw at both the 1976 and 1980 Olympics. A world record holder.

As such, he is yet another Scavenger Hunt miss.

One of six current men’s field event world records set over 25 years ago.

I’ll leave a couple of emojis here.

:rolleyes:<_<

Just mentioning Jan Jindra, a Czech Olympic rowing champion from the 1952 Games, who participated in 1956 and 1960 (where he took bronze), died aged 89: https://www-sport-cz.translate.goog/ostatni/vodni-sporty/clanek/2738083-v-89-letech-zemrel-olympijsky-vitez-ve-veslovani-jan-jindra.html?_x_tr_sl=cs&amp;_x_tr_tl=en&amp;_x_tr_hl=en&amp;_x_tr_pto=nui,sc,elem

A gold medallist in the coxed fours, he's yet another miss for the Scavenger Hunt.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Orlando Martinez, Cuba's first Olympic boxing champion from the 1972 Olympics, reportedly dead: https://www-cubacute-com.translate.goog/2021/09/22/fallece-a-los-75-anos-orlando-martinez-primero-campeon-olimpico-del-boxeo/?_x_tr_sl=es&amp;_x_tr_tl=en&amp;_x_tr_hl=en&amp;_x_tr_pto=nui,sc,elem

Also competed at the 1968 Games.

Need I say it? Not a Scavenger Hunt pick....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 14/09/2021 at 12:56, chel said:

I see the 1980 bronze medallist Juri Tamm has died one week later. That's all three medallists dead since 2018. Hammer throwers aren't tennis players, eh.

• Like 1

Iran's Men's freestyle bantamweight 1956 silver medalist and 1951 bronze medalist Mehdi Yaghoubi dead aged 91:

https://www.iribnews.ir/fa/amp/news/3230286

Iran has a couple of Summer olympic medal winners that are nonagenarians or octogenarians unless some of these have died off-radar:

Gold:

Emam-Ali Habibi (90, 1931-) 1956 Melbourne men's freestyle lightweight wrestling gold medalist

Abdollah Movahed (81, 1940-) 1968 Mexico City men's freestyle lightweight wrestling gold medalist

Bronze:

Mahmoud Mollaghasemi (92, 1929-) 1952 Helsinki men's freestyle flyweight wrestling bronze medalist

Ebrahim Seifpour (83, 1938-) 1960 Rome men's freestyle flyweight wrestling bronze medalist

Ali Akbar Heidari (80, 1941-) 1964 Tokyo men's freestyle flyweight wrestling bronze medalist

Mohammad Ali Sanatkaran (83, 1938-) 1964 Tokyo men's freestyle welterweight bronze medalist

• Like 2

Correct me if I'm wrong but seems like there are only three living who participated in the 1936 Berlin Summer Olympics, atleast according to this site:

Iris Cummings (1920-) Swimming

Elda Cividino (1921-2014 Off-radar) Gymnastics

Joan Langdon (1922-2022) Swimming

The site doesn't mention there being anyone alive who participated in the Garmisch-Partenkirchen 1936 olympics. If the list on that site is correct, these three are also the only living people to have participated in the Olympics before WWII.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but seems like there are only three living who participated in the 1936 Berlin Summer Olympics, atleast according to this site:

Iris Cummings (1920-) Swimming

Elda Cividino (1921-) Gymnastics

Joan Langdon (1922-) Swimming

The site doesn't mention there being anyone alive who participated in the Garmisch-Partenkirchen 1936 olympics. If the list on that site is correct, these three are also the only living people to have participated in the Olympics before WWII.

Given that the site you quote was compiled by our very own @Canadian Paul, who is an authority in that area, I wouldn't doubt its accuracy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

David Jenkins (31) - Not a competitor but was in Tokyo coaching just this summer. 
https://www.swimming.org/diving/tributes-david-jenkins/

Yet sprinter David Jenkins, who was on the DeathList when yer man was born, is still alive.

• Like 2

Agnes Jebet Tirop, Kenyan long distance runner, athletics World Championship bronze medallist in the 10000m and who finished fourth in the 5000m at the Tokyo Olympics this year, found stabbed to death at home aged just 25: https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/13/agnes-jebet-tirop-world-championship-10000m-medallist-found-stabbed-to-death-15413612/

Reportedly just set a women-only 10k World Record last month. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 3

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Agnes Jebet Tirop, Kenyan long distance runner, athletics World Championship bronze medallist in the 10000m and who finished fourth in the 5000m at the Tokyo Olympics this year, found stabbed to death at home aged just 25: https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/13/agnes-jebet-tirop-world-championship-10000m-medallist-found-stabbed-to-death-15413612/

Reportedly just set a women-only 10k World Record last month. 

Aye, and her husband - chief suspect in this - has legged it. So her husband is fast enough to catch and kill her, it'll take some really fit police to nail him, then :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, and her husband - chief suspect in this - has legged it. So her husband is fast enough to catch and kill her, it'll take some really fit police to nail him, then :unsure:

Post of the month.:lol:

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Post of the month.:lol:

It's only the 13th, and you never know when Deathray is going to attempt a comeback under an alias.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

It's only the 13th, and you never know when Deathray is going to attempt a comeback under an alias.

True, however, quality posting, hysterically funny posting, in fact any kind of posting was never his strong point.

It's a one horse race and you are winning.

3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

True, however, quality posting, hysterically funny posting, in fact any kind of posting was never his strong point.

It's a one horse race and you are winning.

The entirety of your post above has been added to my Tinder profile. I've got interest and expect plentiful no-strings sex as a result, the chance of lasting and deep relationships, however...-_-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1