Stayin Alive

Summer Olympic Deaths/Dead Medallists

Mabo Ismaila, former coach of the Nigeria women's national team, died at the age of 78, he was the coach in the campaign that took the African team to the quarterfinals of the 99 women's cup (best campaign in the team's history so far) and the 2000 Olympics and 2004

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/587463-former-super-falcons-coach-ismaila-mabo-is-dead.html

On 14/08/2008 at 12:59, DevonDeathTrip said:

I was listening to Radio 5 in the middle of the night, as you do, when I heard an interview with Dick Fosbury, he of the eponymous flop. He mentioned that he'd been treated for lymphoma and had a tumour on his spine removed a while ago. He sounded very hale and hearty, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Ato Boldon reports that Dick Fosbury died yesterday: 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

If true, Dick Fosbury would be another List of the Missed for @Gooseberry Crumble from last year, this time not in the mixing bowl for an Apricot Crumble @Death Impendshttps://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2022/celebs_F.html#fosburd022

Good heavens I'm not having a run of good luck as far as the DDP is concerned!!

I have him in another pool I'm sure-just need to check which one!

At this rate deadpoolers would be well advised to take a look at my DDP 2022 team picks and use them for new games or rounds throughout the rest of the year!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Good heavens I'm not having a run of good luck as far as the DDP is concerned!!

I have him in another pool I'm sure-just need to check which one!

At this rate deadpoolers would be well advised to take a look at my DDP 2022 team picks and use them for new games or rounds throughout the rest of the year!

Reports indicate Fosbury died from a recurrence of lymphoma mentioned by @DevonDeathTrip back in 2008.

I may just steal one of your entire teams for this year for my main team next year @Gooseberry Crumble!!! That's three drops within three months and there's ages to go yet! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Reports indicate Fosbury died from a recurrence of lymphoma mentioned by @DevonDeathTrip back in 2008.

I may just steal one of your entire teams for this year for my main team next year @Gooseberry Crumble!!! That's three drops within three months and there's ages to go yet! 

A very wise move!!

It is in @An Fear Beag Hares pool that I picked Dick Fosbury and his death greatly raises my position in the scoreboard!

A few names synonymous with me are in those earlier DDP pools eg Vera Miles, Jacqueline White,  Christina Crawford...rich pickings for you!

49 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

If true, Dick Fosbury would be another List of the Missed for @Gooseberry Crumble from last year, this time not in the mixing bowl for an Apricot Crumble @Death Impendshttps://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2022/celebs_F.html#fosburd022

Breaking News from Le Monde in France. The second today after Kenzaburo Oé which never happens. Weird this is not the Kind of celebs’ demise they usually go for Breaking News 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/athletics/breaking-fosbury-flop-high-jump-29449768

Confirmation from the Daily Mirror that Dick Fosbury has died.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

A very wise move!!

A few names synonymous with me are in those earlier DDP pools eg Vera Miles, Jacqueline White,  Christina Crawford...rich pickings for you!

Well, hopefully no Vera Miles.

But advice, Crumble - you'll get more satisfaction with less premature picking! :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Well, hopefully no Vera Miles.

But advice, Crumble - you'll get more satisfaction with less premature picking! :D

I'm actually in the more intimate and important area of my life rarely if ever premature. I have the art of bang on timing down to a fine art!

16 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Ato Boldon reports that Dick Fosbury died yesterday: 

RIP Floppy Dick.

Hard to think of another sportsman who had such a transformative impact on the sport they competed in.

There must be others? Any offerings?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

RIP Floppy Dick.

Hard to think of another sportsman who had such a transformative impact on the sport they competed in.

There must be others? Any offerings?

Jean-Marc Bosman

• Like 2

I can't see anything in English right now, but Angel Fournier has died. Here is Matthew Pinsent:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Update to Angel Fournier - got something in English. He had a heart attack aged 35.

It was a bad day for hearts inside of people named Fournier (see: 

Filmmaker, producer and writer Claude Fournier died at the age of 91 following heart problems).

Ralph Roberts, New Zealand sailor who competed in 1960 and 1968, was a reserve in 1964, a team manager in 1984 and Chef de mission for New Zealand in 1992 has died aged 87, Obit

• Like 1