Stayin Alive

Summer Olympic Deaths/Dead Medallists

On 14/07/2019 at 14:13, drol said:

Balbir has been discharged today according to his daughter.

Balbir Singh has turned 95 on 10th October, though he was actually born on 31st December 1923. According to his FB page, he has made a full recovery from illness. No pictures of him are shown.

Paul Bircher, reportedly the last survivor of the GB Men's rowing eight who won silver at the 1948 Olympics, dead.

On 11/10/2019 at 21:22, drol said:

Balbir Singh has turned 95 on 10th October, though he was actually born on 31st December 1923. According to his FB page, he has made a full recovery from illness. No pictures of him are shown.

Nothing in the news, but according to his FB page Balbir Singh has been hospitalized again. 

10 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/50404848

Australian Paralympic champion Kieran Modra dies in bike accident.

Should this be here or its own Paralympic thread.

He never saw it coming.....

Former World’s Fastest Man Harrison Dillard has died at 96

• Like 2

On 13/11/2019 at 07:14, drol said:

Nothing in the news, but according to his FB page Balbir Singh has been hospitalized again. 

Actually it hit the news. Balbir suffered a heart attack in June, but was later discharged from ICU and improved so much according to his daughter. On November 4 (!) he was admitted again to ICU in critical conditions due to pneumonia. His son has come back from Canada, but according to family he has improved so much once again and will be discharged soon... kudos to them, I love those who know when it is time to let people go!

4 hours ago, drol said:

Actually it hit the news. Balbir suffered a heart attack in June, but was later discharged from ICU and improved so much according to his daughter. On November 4 (!) he was admitted again to ICU in critical conditions due to pneumonia. His son has come back from Canada, but according to family he has improved so much once again and will be discharged soon... kudos to them, I love those who know when it is time to let people go!

I'm not disagreeing with you entirely,  there is alot of futile care out there, but what is it specifically about this situation that suggests Balbir would be better off dead? He is only 95, we have seen many live much longer, with treatable illnesses and apparently his full wits about him.  Are you suggesting they not treat him if the expectation is that he will get better? Which he apparently is doing again?

19 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

And gets a BBC Obit

Lindy Remigino not getting a QO still makes no sense.

For fun why not write the editor or author of this obit exposing Remigino and how they’re one and the same, and maybe a late obit will pop up.  Can’t hurt.

SC

On 16/11/2019 at 19:09, drol said:

Balbir Singh discharged from hospital. Invincible.

Obituary for Mike Lindsay, Scot who competed for GB at the 1960 and 1964 Summer Olympics in the discus and shot put: https://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/18126234.mike-lindsay-shot-putter-discus-thrower/

Also competed for Scotland at 4 Commonwealth Games (not 3 as Wiki would currently have you believe) performing best in 1962 with 2 Silver medals at the 1962 Games.

30 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

For completion

Kobe Bryant 1978-2020.

Thank goodness - I think the audit is coming up soon......!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dead Wait said:

Thank goodness - I think the audit is coming up soon......!

I can't believe nobody posted his death in the Oscar winners thread yet. 

• Like 2