Windsor

Deathlist On The Net

9 hours ago, Prophet said:

"The rule that candidates must be famous enough to be reported by UK media is abhorrent when compared with media coverage of deaths that result from everyday tragic circumstances."- https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/670567/Celebrity-deaths-2017-website-predictions-Death-List-Hugh-Hefner-Ian-Brady-Bruce-Forsyth

:lol::lol::lol:

Who wrote this bullshit?

Ok which one of you motherfuckers is secretly a daily star journo?  

• Haha 1

On a more positive note, DL is included in BBC Afrique's roundup of the year's 'surprising numbers', albiet near the bottom and a spurious Tom Petty reference.

Translation:

The number of celebrities who died in 2017 (until December 22), making it the deadliest year for celebrities - at least according to Deathlist.net, a site specializing in the compilation of famous obituaries. The dead include Playboy magazine founder Hugh Heffner, comedian Jerry Lewis, billionaire David Rockefeller, music legends Tom Petty, Fats Domino and Glenn Campbell, alongside Mary Tyler Moore.

40 minutes ago, time said:

On a more positive note, DL is included in BBC Afrique's roundup of the year's 'surprising numbers', albiet near the bottom and a spurious Tom Petty reference.

Translation:

The number of celebrities who died in 2017 (until December 22), making it the deadliest year for celebrities - at least according to Deathlist.net, a site specializing in the compilation of famous obituaries. The dead include Playboy magazine founder Hugh Heffner, comedian Jerry Lewis, billionaire David Rockefeller, music legends Tom Petty, Fats Domino and Glenn Campbell, alongside Mary Tyler Moore.

That's not even accurate. Most deaths of the 50 celebrities chosen year in year out on deathist.net? Yes. Deadliest year for celebrities as a general statement? Not what was said on this site. *sigh* I swear I'm going to run my degree through a shredder one of these days.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, CarolAnn said:

That's not even accurate. Most deaths of the 50 celebrities chosen year in year out on deathist.net? Yes. Deadliest year for celebrities as a general statement? Not what was said on this site. *sigh* I swear I'm going to run my degree through a shredder one of these days.

Degree?

I could not even muster up a Three Degrees single!!:D

• Like 1

3rd degree burns on your ankles 4 times a year tho LFN.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, charon said:

Generally it's three times.:P

2 minutes ago, charon said:

I'm actually surprised your able to type that.

Thought you would have snow blindness by now.:lol:

• Haha 1

Tis white outside troooo.

But the fire/wine/Laphroaig/dug means I'm warm inside.....

5 minutes ago, charon said:

Tis white outside troooo.

But the fire/wine/Laphroaig/dug means I'm warm inside.....

No you are not.

You are a hard, unforgiving bastard.:lol:

You're a very bad man :(

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, charon said:

You're a very bad man :(

Well, on here you are......... ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I believe that your considered response to the said article has actually made the rest of us look like a bunch of fucking idiots, or summat.

Ah shit did it? Well I really didn't see that side of it, was just giving them my 2 cents :P

LadBible mention ...

" The site's choices are selected by users on the deathlist.net forum. To be honest, it's as surprising that people are still using forums in 2018 as the amount of effort they put into drawing up the list. "

Also the comments are extremely stupid, especially this one:
" I just had a gander and they don’t follow their own rules. 2018s list is basically the same as 2017s and 2016. So there’s people that’s been on there at least 3 times now. I didn’t bother to go any further back.

It’s aload of crap. of course these people are going to pass soon, they’re all getting on.
"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

LadBible mention ...

" The site's choices are selected by users on the deathlist.net forum. To be honest, it's as surprising that people are still using forums in 2018 as the amount of effort they put into drawing up the list. "

" I just had a gander and they don’t follow their own rules. 2018s list is basically the same as 2017s and 2016. So there’s people that’s been on there at least 3 times now. I didn’t bother to go any further back.

It’s aload of crap. of course these people are going to pass soon, they’re all getting on.
"

I fucking hate Lad Bible.

It is utter shit.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2018 at 03:27, Prophet said:

"The rule that candidates must be famous enough to be reported by UK media is abhorrent when compared with media coverage of deaths that result from everyday tragic circumstances."- https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/670567/Celebrity-deaths-2017-website-predictions-Death-List-Hugh-Hefner-Ian-Brady-Bruce-Forsyth

:lol::lol::lol:

Who wrote this bullshit?

That bullshit came from Mediawatch-UK, founded by a certain Mary Whitehouse. No doubt still bitter after her appearances on the list in 1990, 1998, 1999 and 2001 ;)

• Like 5

LadBible mention ...

"

b53302775a020743f30d783ccb3962b9.jpg

My god look at that guy's hairline. Clearly a hit last year.

• Haha 2

I hate it when people say "pass" when they mean "die".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

b53302775a020743f30d783ccb3962b9.jpg

My god look at that guy's hairline. Clearly a hit last year.

WTF is wrong with the younger generation?

Don't they know how to do comb overs anymore??

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

I hate it when people say "pass" when they mean "die".

*makes mental note to use passed for all Crowdsourced hits*

:P

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Oh, come on, can we have an exemption for footballers? It's too delicious not to say something like "Gazza Passed".

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

LadBible mention ...

"

What I find funny is that they believe that the people of the forum are the members of the committee. 98% of us don’t even have a say on who makes the list. :D 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Oh, come on, can we have an exemption for footballers? It's too delicious not to say something like "Gazza Passed".

Why would you use "Gazza Passed" when you can have "Gazza and Raul Moat Reunite."

• Haha 2

Now I'm being reminded of the Two Ronnies Mastermind sketch...

"Who is Dean Martin?"

"He's a sort of an artist."

"Can you be more specific?"

"Pass."

"Close enough."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1