Bald rick

Room Lovely, Look You.

10 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Technically that's theft by finding - a criminal offence. 

Nah - it's more "finders keepers, losers weepers"!

25 minutes ago, Winfield said:

Nah - it's more "finders keepers, losers weepers"!

I was just stating the legal position....

My wi-fi is back. Did I miss anything while I was gone?

Just now, time said:

My wi-fi is back. Did I miss anything while I was gone?

No. 

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

No. 

That's a relief. 

I have got a new laptop :D 

This is lovely because:

The old one when firing up was festooned with enough coloured lines to be worthy of a Fair Isle jumper, and is need of end-of-life care.

I have managed to transfer all my files successfully, and saved them on to a hard drive.

I have managed to load all the apps and software I want, including one so old I didn't think it would work, but it does.

It has a 17 inch screen :) which is fabulous as I never need to go full screen with all the inconveniences that entails.

I just hope it lasts a good few years like the last one has.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Toast said:

The old one when firing up was festooned with enough coloured lines to be worthy of a Fair Isle jumper, and is need of end-of-life care.

Seeing exactly this right now with my trusty 6-year-old MacBook Pro. The battery has started dying at 40% charge too :blink:

I’ll soon be getting a new one but I’m looking at over 3 grand for the spec I need :angry:

Doesn't half feel nice though having a shiny new toy.

29 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

The battery has started dying at 40% charge too :blink:.

What's the current wisdom re batteries?  Is it best to let them run down and recharge, or to keep them on charge whenever possible?

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

What's the current wisdom re batteries?  Is it best to let them run down and recharge, or to keep them on charge whenever possible?

I've heard it's best to keep the battery level in the middle (say, between 40 and 80%). Doing a full charge from single digits is the norm, but worsens the efficiency of your battery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From a local Facebook page .... an unpleasant chav couple have been ranting that someone knocked down their kids' snowman.  It got really nasty, with threats issued, and a ridiculous number of people chiming in saying how dreadful it was, how mean, such evil people about.  And the kids being offered sweets and toys to ease their grief. 

Then a neighbour posted footage from his CCTV showing the snowman collapsing by itself. :lol:

• Haha 2

*Warning: Product Promotion*
turn away now it’s your last chance!

So I spilled red wine on my apartment’s light beige carpet.  Did my best to dab it up and clean it despite my inebriated state.  ‘Twas an utter fail.  And there the red stain sat for about 5 months.  

I had to avoid paying for a new carpet when moving out so I went online and came across ‘Wine Away’ (they spent decades coming up with that name).  I could only buy it one place in town and so I did.  Wee bottle, but I did as instructed, spraying about 25 times and after 20 minutes I scrubbed with a dry towel and ‘fuck me runnin’ if the 5-month old embedded red wine stain didn’t disappear.  Some got on my Asian rug too, and I thankfully got the same result.

10/10 highly recommended.  Not that any of YOU ever spilled red wine :rolleyes:

SC

0E5CA4B9-9D9A-42B9-8850-D8F4125584F1.jpeg

Pouring some white wine on top of it always worked for me.  Somehow they cancel each other out.

8 hours ago, Sir Charms said:

Not that any of YOU ever spilled red wine

That would be me, even when I was a drinker all those years aga, I never drank wine let alone spilled any.

46 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

That would be me, even when I was a drinker all those years aga, I never drank wine let alone spilled any.

I fell asleep and had the gdamn glass balancing on the arm of me couch :facepalm: fill in the blanks 

Chet Hanks, a man who lives entirely without irony and will possibly end racism forever:

My upstairs neighbour has moved out!

Bet you're all looking forward to Room 101 after the next arsehole moves in!

• Haha 1

Just had an Amazon delivery that fell within the specified time window!

• Like 1

Now the clocks have gone forward, the clock in my car will be right again. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Toast said:

Now the clocks have gone forward, the clock in my car will be right again. :D

Yours too? I’m glad I’m not the only one. 

image.png.f65320fadfa81a2b31731c64532234f1.png

I did manage to change the car clock once, but I had to consult the manual. It doesn't work the way you expect it to at all.  Weird.

• Like 1

This is genuinely lovely.  Proper respect rewarded with kindness.

• Like 1

Mrs Bearer met me at the door when I came home from work holding up a letter from our mortgage company saying “Your mortgage is closed” HUZZAAAA. We’re now mortgage free. 

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Mrs Bearer met me at the door when I came home from work holding up a letter from our mortgage company saying “Your mortgage is closed” HUZZAAAA. We’re now mortgage free. 

Nice! Just 29 years to go on mine...*jumps off bridge*

• Like 1

Are you, like me, annoyed every time the media describes a recently deceased celeb as "<insert name of TV show> star", based on the fact they had a brief appearance 20-odd years ago (a recent example being Michael Jayston, described as "Only Fools and Horses Star" despite appearing in just a single episode in 1996? Yes? In that case you'll appreciate this Twixter post by Tom Bennett, son of the recently deceased Take Hart/Hartbeat alumnus Colin Bennett. (click on link; see second tweet in the thread).

• Like 1