Sign in to follow this  
Typhoid Harry

Shaun of the Dead

Come and gone from the cinema.

Comes out on DVD in a few days.

Considered quite a reasonable success, box office wise.

And it is well worth seeing.

Quite fun.

I'll be sure not to miss it then, only just opening here. Strange business, that. :lol:

The trailer for the colonial market is completely different to the one we had here in Blighty (see it here).

Interestingly (or perhaps not), the film itself has also been tweaked too. In the UK version, the LP deemed fit for throwing was Dire Straits, but in the US version it has become the Batman Soundtrack. Did Dire Straits not make it big in the US then?

The trailer for the colonial market is completely different to the one we had here in Blighty (see it here).

Interestingly (or perhaps not), the film itself has also been tweaked too. In the UK version, the LP deemed fit for throwing was Dire Straits, but in the US version it has become the Batman Soundtrack. Did Dire Straits not make it big in the US then?

No, that's strange. Mark Knopfler & Co. were/are huge here in the states. That just baffles me... (Not to mention, despite his strangeness, he's one of my personal favorites. Also, I am NOT Aussie! :lol: )

Also, I am NOT Aussie!  :lol: )

;) I never said you were Aussie. We* established colonies in various parts of the world, including the Americas. Australia was just a specific penal colony. Probably didn't get as far as California though, so I admit that we may not have actually colonised your bit.

(*I say "we", but I wasn't actually personally involved. I'm far too idle for that sort of thing.)

Australia was just a specific penal colony

It was a big penal colony [fnarr, fnarr] :lol:

Also, I am NOT Aussie!  :lol: )

I never said you were Aussie.

Sorry, Moosey, I forgot where I was for a moment. Most of my friends give me a bad time because I'm a bit of an "Aussie-o-phile". I've been there several times and had a great experience always, so I'm ever going on about it and they think it's funny. ;)

In the UK version, the LP deemed fit for throwing was Dire Straits, but in the US version it has become the Batman Soundtrack. Did Dire Straits not make it big in the US then?

I'm sure both got frisbeed in the UK version of the film. :lol:

Most of my friends give me a bad time because I'm a bit of an "Aussie-o-phile". I've been there several times and had a great experience always, so I'm ever going on about it and they think it's funny

And we'd know that, how ? ;)

I'll be sure not to miss it then, only just opening here. Strange business, that.

Only if you're an American ... for the rest of the nations on the planet, it isn't really unheard of for them to get it a bit later than the US. Just because you're used to coming first, it seems weird to be second for a change ! :lol:;)

And we'd know that, how ?  :lol:

Um, because I was telling you / admitting to it? I said that because I had inadvertently made reference to it earlier in the thread and Moosey thought I thought he thought, oh, never mind... ;)

I'll be sure not to miss it then, only just opening here. Strange business, that.

Only if you're an American ... for the rest of the nations on the planet, it isn't really unheard of for them to get it a bit later than the US. Just because you're used to coming first, it seems weird to be second for a change ! :P  ;)

I pride myself on not being a typical "Amer-o-centric" American. I simply meant it's strange that films open at different points in time in different places. I understand why it used to be the norm, promotional expenditures and all, but the world has shrunk so drastically with the proliferation of the 'net that I'm still surprised when something like this is so unknown (to others, not just us Yanks) outside of its country of origin. There seems to be no reason any more to stagger release dates for films.

Does this mean I don't get the froggy avatar? :lol:

Edit: Fixed. This was the post edit apologetic oops after the error: "Sh*t, forgot to log in, again. Feeling pretty stupid right now... :P"

Does this mean I don't get the froggy avatar?

We'll give the poll a couple more days, and see the results ...

:lol:

I'm sure both got frisbeed in the UK version of the film. :lol:

Oooh, you might be right. I'm sure Harry will confirm this for us when he posts his film review.

So Harry, have you seen the film yet, and if so, what did you think of it?

It's on my list for the weekend, if only for research puposes here. I'm not big on going to the cinema here because so many people aspire to your screen name, RK. Most times it's easier simply to wait for the DVD release; usually before the ink is dry on the cinematic release reviews.

Guest Who Knows???

Whats that song in the trailer, after Liz says "To a wonderful mum" and ends when the narrarater says "Turning into..." Please help me, heres the other music. The others are Blue Wrath, Figment(which are on the soundtrack) and Pretend were dead by L7.

Whats that song in the trailer, after Liz says "To a wonderful mum" and ends when the narrarater says "Turning into..." Please help me, heres the other music. The others are Blue Wrath, Figment(which are on the soundtrack) and Pretend were dead by L7.

What is this now "Soundtracklist.net"?

I thought it was odd that this film is just opening in the US, then I realised this thread is 8 months old! I didn't know it was possible to drag them up from that long ago, except where the subject is on the current List.

Are my ears burning old chaps?

An 11 year old thread, really?

An 11 year old thread, really?

Yeah, continuing to post here would just be taking the piss, right?

• Like 1