Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

Max Arthur was a historian but also a sometime actor and having checked, I can find no mention of him on the Forum, despite his Times Obituary: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/max-arthur-obituary-0w5grr2zz

Made a single appearance in Grange Hill, but for here he played Zuko in Planet of Fire for Doctor Who.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0037804/

OK, I dont expect much of you to be interested in a student remake of a lost Dr Who episode, but this video 4 mins in (should open at that time) has a recent interview with the great British TV actor Edward de Souza, who is now 87.

Flipping terrified the shit out of me as a kid in Sapphire and Steel, he did. Great actor. Good to see he's still going.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, msc said:

OK, I dont expect much of you to be interested in a student remake of a lost Dr Who episode, but this video 4 mins in (should open at that time) has a recent interview with the great British TV actor Edward de Souza, who is now 87.

Flipping terrified the shit out of me as a kid in Sapphire and Steel, he did. Great actor. Good to see he's still going.

I remember him from 'The Spy Who Loved Me'. 

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 04:27, CoffinLodger said:

Marvin the Robot from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy has died.Or at least the actor who did his voice, Stephen Moore,   has anyway https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/oct/13/stephen-moore-obituary

Fantasticly smooth, lustrous voice that he had. Did loads of tv too - from Hitchhikers to playing Kevin the Teenager's dad in Harry Enfield and Chums. One of those stalwart actors whose name you might not know straight away, but you recognise from years and years of work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Heef said:

Fantasticly smooth, lustrous voice that he had. Did loads of tv too - from Hitchhikers to playing Kevin the Teenager's dad in Harry Enfield and Chums. One of those stalwart actors whose name you might not know straight away, but you recognise from years and years of work.

He was great as Mr Jolly in Clockwise. An excellent foil for an increasingly demented John Cleese. 

Ian Cullen has reportedly died aged 75. One of the dwindling cast of The Aztecs, but in everything from When the Boat Comes In to Dalziel and Pascoe to Family flipping Affairs.

ian-cullen.jpg

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, msc said:

Ian Cullen has reportedly died aged 75. One of the dwindling cast of The Aztecs, but in everything from When the Boat Comes In to Dalziel and Pascoe to Family flipping Affairs.

ian-cullen.jpg

Saw this news earlier and thought he'd died earlier in the year. I was thinking of Douglas Fielding, his former Z Cars colleague.

On 14/11/2019 at 00:46, time said:

Saw this news earlier and thought he'd died earlier in the year. I was thinking of Douglas Fielding, his former Z Cars colleague.

Tod

On 13/11/2019 at 18:12, msc said:

ian-cullen.jpg

Sadly the news is true.It's reported by Toby Hadoke on his twitter account.https://mobile.twitter.com/TobyHadoke/status/1194697237470883840 If anyone knows anything about  classic Doctor Who actors it's Toby ! 

A belated happy 80th birthday to Ian McCulloch who was 80 yesterday!  Played Greg Preston in the great series , Survivors in the 1970s as well as many TV and horror films.:birthday:

On 19/11/2019 at 16:37, RolandDeschain said:

A belated happy 80th birthday to Ian McCulloch who was 80 yesterday!  Played Greg Preston in the great series , Survivors in the 1970s as well as many TV and horror films.:birthday:

It's funny you should mention him because when I heard that Ian Cullen had died I was thinking it was Ian McCulloch. I watched all 3 series of the original Survivors just recently for the first time and loved it,although of course it's a bit dated now.It's a tragedy they cancelled the remake after just 2 series !   

Reports on Twitter that Canadian actor Richard Easton, Captain Stapley in Time Flight for Doctor Who, has died. Rather better known as Brian Hammond in The Brothers for the older generation, or as the voice of Nigel in Grand Theft Auto V for the younger.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0247733/

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Reports on Twitter that Canadian actor Richard Easton, Captain Stapley in Time Flight for Doctor Who, has died. Rather better known as Brian Hammond in The Brothers for the older generation, or as the voice of Nigel in Grand Theft Auto V for the younger.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0247733/

A DDP miss for me, he was on my "bung 'em on" team last year but not this!

Mel: [German voice:] Ja, I saw zee Gentleman.

Frasier: Stop! [to Mel:] That's wonderful, Mel. But he sounds to me just a bit more Austrian than German.

Mel: I've done that accent both on Broadway and the London stage!

Frasier: Yes, well perhaps they have different standards than I have.

Frasier: Please, we're doing it until I'm completely satisfied, and that reminds me, Mel - I'm still not entirely happy with the second McAllister sister! She doesn't sound spinsterish enough for me.

Mel: I see. You also told me that my gamekeeper sounded too cultured, that my Irishman sounded more Protestant than Catholic, and that my dwarf was too tall. Let me try Hans again, tell me how my German is sounding: "I Q-vit!" [exits]

And you forgot his finest hour - Actor Mel in the Frasier episode Ham Radio, one of the finest 20 minute pieces of US TV ever made:

• Like 1

On 16/05/2019 at 08:46, msc said:

[snip]

14.   1934 –Mary Peach,  Jeremy Young, Billy Cornelius, Ann Davies, Robert Aldous, Jean Marsh, Kenneth Ives, Arthur Cox, Gilbert Wynne, Vernon Dobtcheff, Christopher Benjamin, Tom Baker, Wendy Williams, Roy Macready, Slyvia Syms

[snip]

Wendy Williams 'in memoriam' in latest Equity magazine according to Toby Hadoke

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, time said:

Wendy Williams 'in memoriam' in latest Equity magazine according to Toby Hadoke

There was no time for jokes in the end days

• Like 1

On 06/04/2018 at 13:31, Bibliogryphon said:

Considering that Jane Baker and David Fisher did not get Mainstream media qualifying obituaries I have compiled a list of all the remaining classic series Doctor Who writers and have assessed their obituary chances. However if it is a quiet week Last Word might need a filler.

Donald Tosh (b.1935) – Hopeful: Last surviving first Doctor writer

Henry Lincoln (b.1930)   Probable because of his links to Dan Brown Da Vinci Code court case

Terrence Dicks (b.1935) If Terrence Dicks does not get a BBC obit within 24 hours of his death being announced on Twitter Tony Hall is going to end up at the rough end of an awful shit storm from DW fans and will end up looking like QEII on 5th September 1996.

Trevor Ray (?)                    Doubtful. Wrote Children of the Stones but little available info on wiki or IMDB

Bob Baker (b.1939)          Likely because of his connection to Aardman

Chris Boucher (b.1943)   Probable wrote for a number of high profiles shows alongside Doctor Who

Andrew McCulloch (b.1945)         Unlikely

John Flanagan (b.1947)                  Unlikely

Andrew Smith (?)                             Unlikely

Stephen Gallagher (b.1954)         Almost certain for his other published works

Christopher H. Bidmead (b.1941)               Possible

Christopher Bailey                           Almost zero

Eric Saward (b.1944)                       Likely

Barbara Clegg                                    Very unlikely

Paula Moore                                      Very very unlikely

Philip Martin (b.1938)                    Possible because of Gangsters

Pip Baker                                             Very unlikely (cf Jane)

Glen McCoy (b.1954)                      Unlikely

Stephen Wyatt (b.1948)                Unlikely

Malcolm Kohll (b.1953)                  Likely – produced a number of high profile films probably won’t mention Doctor Who though.

Ian Briggs (b.1958)                           Unlikely

Ben Aaronovitch (b.1964)             Certain because of Rivers of London

Graeme Curry                                    Very unlikely

Kevin Clarke                                       Very unlikely

Marc Platt (b.1953)                          Unlikely

Rona Munro (b.1959)                     Probably because of her James plays and the fact she has also written for nuWho.

Donald Tosh died 3rd December according to Toby Hadoke on Twitter.

No coverage in MSM.

• Sad 1

News of Donald Tosh's death here http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/12/donald-tosh-1935-2019.html It's the end of an era- last Hartnell era writer gone. (Henry Lincoln is now the only writer from the 1960s still alive) It also means there are no surviving script editors  from the 1960s or 70s . :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@YoungWillzApologies for the duplicate post!

• Haha 1

Just now, time said:

@YoungWillzApologies for the duplicate post!

No bother, I always cry at the end, then your post came in and cheered me up a little. :D