Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

Wonder who the 20 youngest are? :tomatododge:

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Well if Rover can come up with 10 of them msc will be along later to complete the list :P

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

Well if Rover can come up with 10 of them msc will be along later to complete the list :P

It is the anniversary of the death of William Hughes (20) two years ago. Young Davros? The talking roles in the Krillitanes story?

Not sure they are using kids as much as they did back in the Ninth/Tenth/Eleventh Doctor eras.

30 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Aye, that'll be right and I don't think... (Mysteriously, most child actors details are protected by, you know, child protection laws.)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, msc said:

Aye, that'll be right and I don't think... (Mysteriously, most child actors details are protected by, you know, child protection laws.)

Probably 20 of them in the one where all the regenerations were shown in Whittaker's Timeless Child arc, thinking about it after my bacon sarny.

4 hours ago, msc said:

Nice work, Rover. Just to add:

4 hours ago, msc said:

I was trying to be nice, you! :(:D

Many thanks msc. I can tell you exactly what happened after looking through your names - when I did my research 4 years ago, I went through Wikipedia and clicked everyone with a page to get a DOB. That gave me 885 names so I didn't bother looking up the people who didn't have wiki pages, not least because the chances of them earning a QO were slim to none in many cases. I did have Philip Latham on my list though, so he passed that test, if seemingly not in real life! I haven't updated it since I did the research, which would be around first series Peter Capaldi (Dark Water/Death in Heaven) so there's bound to be a few more to add on the cusp if I do some research into later Capaldi/Whittaker.

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

It is the anniversary of the death of William Hughes (20) two years ago. Young Davros? The talking roles in the Krillitanes story?

Not sure they are using kids as much as they did back in the Ninth/Tenth/Eleventh Doctor eras.

I'm loathe to comment as I'm sure msc will have a younger option! :lol: Emilia Jones who played Merry in The Rings of Akhaten (2013) is 18 now and Isabella Blake-Thomas who played "Child" in The Bells of Saint John (2013) is 17. Taking it a step further, the twins who played Melody Pond in A Good Man Goes to War (2011) will be approaching double figures now, and I'm guessing there have been other babies in more recently too (did Clara have a baby in one of her many "future with Danny" scenes?) Young Davros was played by Joey Price. He's be about 13-15 now?

• Like 2

Wasn't really being serious, @RoverAndOut. I'm guessing the youngest would be the baby Brendan in the Timeless Child arc ha!

No doubt when they hit 18, IMDB will be on it...or not...I dunno.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Many thanks msc. I can tell you exactly what happened after looking through your names - when I did my research 4 years ago, I went through Wikipedia and clicked everyone with a page to get a DOB. That gave me 885 names so I didn't bother looking up the people who didn't have wiki pages, not least because the chances of them earning a QO were slim to none in many cases. I did have Philip Latham on my list though, so he passed that test, if seemingly not in real life! I haven't updated it since I did the research, which would be around first series Peter Capaldi (Dark Water/Death in Heaven) so there's bound to be a few more to add on the cusp if I do some research into later Capaldi/Whittaker.

Basically if this forum shows anything, its that in the really popular deadpool topics like football and acting and music, names can show up all the time or disappear as research items improve, and even folk on the ball with their subjects like Ulitzer on music or OoO on football can turn away for 5 seconds and come back to a long lost death certificate from the 70s and 5 new old guys showing up in their local press to suddenly make all the hard work out of date! That's life, I guess!

• Like 1

Apparently Cy Town was up for a four hour interview recently - latest pic:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Apparently Cy Town was up for a four hour interview recently - latest pic:

Is he dead?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Is he dead?

Why do you ask?

10 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Because you mentioned him !

Oh, better not mention Bonnie Langford then.....whoops....:P

• Haha 1

Have just found out that actor Edmund Kente died aged 72 back in January, completely off the radar. He had a decent sized role as a Scrooge turned Cyber-human Scoones in the David Tennant 2009 Dr Who Christmas special The Next Doctor. But I add pictures as he'd been in a fair few things including Downton Abbey, The Tudors and Eastenders over the years.

dr-who-still-4.jpg

andrey-headshot.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Doctor Who actor Jimmy Winston has died.He played Shura in Day of the Daleks  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Winston H e was also an original member of The New Faces which was a rock band in the 1960s

Small Faces. He was a member of Small Faces.

One wonders how you get it so bloody wrong all the time when all you’re doing is copying text from Wikipedia.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

One wonders how you get it so bloody wrong all the time when all you’re doing is copying text from Wikipedia.

iain's been happily getting it bloody wrong for 15 years since the day he was born.

Actually, the Winston's Fumbs track on one of the Nuggets boxsets I've got isn't too terrible, if extremely of its time. Sounds like his face didn't fit; it must have been too big, which is why he quit/got booted.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Now just the Two Faces because only 2 are still alive ! 

• Facepalm 1

Incredible to think, Nicola Bryant is 60 today.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

25 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Incredible to think, Nicola Bryant is 60 today.

And yet, also, somehow obvious. It was definitely a low point when they replaced her with Bonnie Langford (fortunately I was out of the country for a good chunk of that, watching Jon Pertwee reruns).

• Like 2

Someone has posted on Richard Franklin's Twitter account that he has suffered complications from a routine surgical procedure.

• Sad 1

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 12:39, msc said:

John Rolfe (born around 1930) - Fell in The Green Death/Sam in The Moonbase. Another who vanished from the spotlight, but was alive last I heard. You have to assume a chap who touches on so many different online geekdoms would be noticed by someone somewhere if he died.

John Rolfe's death is noted in the Autumn 2020 Equity Magazine. There's only one John Rolfe for whom probate was granted this year, and that with a date of death on 2 January 2020. Appears to be no non-will John Rolfe mentioned in The Gazette. So it's him. And he's dead.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0738214/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 07/04/2020 at 20:23, msc said:

Ok, given that, here is a list of as many living people who worked or appeared on Dr Who who are 70 in 2020 or older. Credited cast, producers, directors, writers, unless they are notable not the many many uncredited extras as we'd be here all day.

<snip>

20.   1941 – John Levene, Hannah Gordon, Martin Jarvis, Christopher Tranchell, Jackie Lane, Kay Patrick, Anneke Wills, Mike Lucas, John Atterbury, Geoffrey Beevers, Michael Walker, David Arlen, Andrew Robertson, David Gooderson, Malcolm Terris, Christopher Hamilton bidmead, Nerys Hughes, Ahmed khalil, Brian Miller, Polly James, David Ashton, Alan David, Roy Marsden, Angela Pleasance, Maurice O’Connell, Rachel Davies (c.), Roger Limb, David Warner, David Ashford

<snip>

Finally had the impetus to finish this to 1950 but folk show up from behind a sofa all the time, and there's still a few folk who could be there but their birth dates are yet to show up. Although with several of those I've made guesses based on school dates or debuts, hence (c.) notes for circa.

Malcolm Terris reportedly dead at age 79

• Like 2
  • Sad 1