Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

On 07/04/2020 at 20:23, msc said:

Ok, given that, here is a list of as many living people who worked or appeared on Dr Who who are 70 in 2020 or older. Credited cast, producers, directors, writers, unless they are notable not the many many uncredited extras as we'd be here all day.

10.   1931 –John Fraser,

Elstree Studios chairman announces death of British actor John Fraser - Repulsion, El Cid, Columbo, Dam Busters, A Study in Terror and, yes, Logopolis.

We're losing a lot of stalwart character actors this year.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, msc said:

Elstree Studios chairman announces death of British actor John Fraser - Repulsion, El Cid, Columbo, Dam Busters, A Study in Terror and, yes, Logopolis.

We're losing a lot of stalwart character actors this year.

Know him for Repulsion. His character did not deserve in any way that end.

On 26/10/2020 at 07:08, Bibliogryphon said:

Someone has posted on Richard Franklin's Twitter account that he has suffered complications from a routine surgical procedure.

Richard Franklin has thanked fans for their support during his recent ill health and posted a picture from yesterday. Looks like hes been through the wars, somewhat!

EmIIs0iWoAAU7xp?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

Twitter suggesting that John Fraser who played The Monitor in Logopolis dead at 89

3 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Twitter suggesting that John Fraser who played The Monitor in Logopolis dead at 89

Looking at the stills of him on his Aveleyman page, very handsome in his younger days, particularly for a Weegie. 

25 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I'm not one to go :clivedunn: but literally 3 posts above you!

20 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Looking at the stills of him on his Aveleyman page, very handsome in his younger days, particularly for a Weegie. 

Nureyev certainly thought so! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

Richard Franklin has thanked fans for their support during his recent ill health and posted a picture from yesterday. Looks like hes been through the wars, somewhat!

EmIIs0iWoAAU7xp?format=jpg&name=medium

Good to see  him looking so well 

2 hours ago, msc said:

I'm not one to go :clivedunn: but literally 3 posts above you!

Nureyev certainly thought so! :biggrin:

I came to the page from notifications because I had been quoted and it took me straight to the Richard Franklin post so I missed the earlier John Frasier posts.

Whoops.

• Haha 1

Apropos of nowt, really - just saw this online

125184037_1549553181895865_3004801041437

• Like 2

Seems as good a place as any to mention this, but David Graham ('Yes M'Lady' Parker among many other things) is currently on Pointless Celebrities (Sci-Fi special - Leela and Adric on a team together which should please a fair chunk of you!). For a man in his mid-90s, there's absolutely nothing wrong with him! Still working, still sharp and - importantly for Pointless - still standing unaided! Thorough checking confirms it is definitely new too, not a repeat.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Seems as good a place as any to mention this, but David Graham ('Yes M'Lady' Parker among many other things) is currently on Pointless Celebrities (Sci-Fi special - Leela and Adric on a team together which should please a fair chunk of you!). For a man in his mid-90s, there's absolutely nothing wrong with him! Still working, still sharp and - importantly for Pointless - still standing unaided! Thorough checking confirms it is definitely new too, not a repeat.

Oh wow, I'll be having a look out for that. David Graham is a proper legend and still doing the odd bit of kids TV voice work too.

Leela and Adric? TV Heaven and Hell there, I add quickly before Willz growls...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Oh wow, I'll be having a look out for that. David Graham is a proper legend and still doing the odd bit of kids TV voice work too.

Leela and Adric? TV Heaven and Hell there, I add quickly before Willz growls...

For once Matthew Waterhouse is one of the least annoying on a programme. 

5 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

For once Matthew Waterhouse is one of the least annoying on a programme. 

Not a Stephanie Beacham fan Handy? :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

He looks incredible - my parents thought he was no more than 80.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 11:11, YoungWillz said:

Incredible to think, Nicola Bryant is 60 today.

Especially as she still looks great. She could easily pass as late 40s. 

DczV_pSf_400x400.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Especially as she still looks great. She could easily pass as late 40s. 

DczV_pSf_400x400.jpg

Nice puppies!!

• Haha 5

Recent Tom Baker video. He seems alright for someone who is 86.

Edit - Ok apparently that isn't a recent video but it is a video from last few years.

Louise Pajo (IMDb), Kiwi actress who played Gia Kelly in The Seeds of Death serial in Doctor Whohas died according to social media reports. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My efforts to beat Thatcher to this news was as successful as Neil Kinnock's efforts in the 87 election...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, msc said:

My efforts to beat Thatcher to this news was as successful as Neil Kinnock's efforts in the 87 election...

TBF, Thatcher is a shit hot poster on reporting deaths.

Respect to them and all that. :bow:

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

TBF, Thatcher is a shit hot poster on reporting deaths.

Respect to them and all that. :bow:

Aye, as the old Victorian era sayng goes, "If there's a death and one of Thatcher, Willz or Ulitzer don't announce first, did it actually happen?"  :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Louise Pajo (IMDb), Kiwi actress who played Gia Kelly in The Seeds of Death serial in Doctor Whohas died according to social media reports. 

Very sad news.I had the pleasure of meeting her at a Doctor Who convention once.I was dressed as a cyberman. Very nice lady. Possibly the first celeb who has died that I have actually met in fact ! Louise is notable for being a famous actress in 2 of my all time favourite tv shows because she also played the role of the manipulative upper class prisoner Helen Masters in early episodes of Prisoner Cell Block H. 

download (15).jpg

• Like 1

On 03/09/2016 at 11:45, msc said:

Philip Martin - fairly acclaimed for Gangsters, etc - who told him these scenes weren't in the script he wrote!

Twitter reporting Philip Martin has gone and bloody died now.

Doctor Who but a drop in the ocean in his CV. Gangsters is ace. First series is sort of a prototype Bodyguard/Line of Duty style thing. Second series goes batshit with the fourth wall and genres and has Philip Martin showing up playing himself!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Twitter reporting Philip Martin has gone and bloody died now.

Doctor Who but a drop in the ocean in his CV. Gangsters is ace. First series is sort of a prototype Bodyguard/Line of Duty style thing. Second series goes batshit with the fourth wall and genres and has Philip Martin showing up playing himself!

I can't remember seeing him in Doctor Who.What part did he play again?

• Facepalm 1