Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

3 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I can't remember seeing him in Doctor Who.What part did he play again?

He *wrote* Vengeance on Varos and 4 episodes of Trial of a Time Lord, Mr Doctor Who Expert...

20 minutes ago, msc said:

He *wrote* Vengeance on Varos and 4 episodes of Trial of a Time Lord, Mr Doctor Who Expert...

Oh right, of course . I look like a right pillock now ! I should have known that ! :facepalm:

Unusual not to have Toby's In Memoriam video for Doctor Who for 2020 up so far?

I always enjoy a tear forming on Hogmanay.

On 07/04/2020 at 20:23, msc said:

25.   1946 – Peter Craze,

Peter Craze, actor brother of the late Michael Craze, reported dead on Twitter aged 74.

• Sad 1

On 07/04/2020 at 20:23, msc said:

Ok, given that, here is a list of as many living people who worked or appeared on Dr Who who are 70 in 2020 or older. Credited cast, producers, directors, writers, unless they are notable not the many many uncredited extras as we'd be here all day.

10.   1931 –Godfrey James, Cy Town, Kenneth Cope, John Fraser, June Bland, Claire Bloom, Kenneth Seeger, Gordon Faith, James Greene

Finally had the impetus to finish this to 1950 but folk show up from behind a sofa all the time, and there's still a few folk who could be there but their birth dates are yet to show up. Although with several of those I've made guesses based on school dates or debuts, hence (c.) notes for circa.

James Greene, dead aged 89 (see also British Character Actors thread).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, time said:

James Greene, dead aged 89 (see also British Character Actors thread).

I remember him best as teacher Mr Hubble in the comedy series Big School.(also starring David Walliams, Catherine Tate and wierdly Philip Glenister).  His character dropped dead during an award ceremony   and his body had to be  smuggled out the school.Hopefully his real life death was more dignified...:mellow:

On 27/12/2020 at 20:18, msc said:

Twitter reporting Philip Martin has gone and bloody died now.

Doctor Who but a drop in the ocean in his CV. Gangsters is ace. First series is sort of a prototype Bodyguard/Line of Duty style thing. Second series goes batshit with the fourth wall and genres and has Philip Martin showing up playing himself!

Rather belatedly, a proper obit for Philip Martin

• Like 2

On 26/10/2020 at 07:08, Bibliogryphon said:

Someone has posted on Richard Franklin's Twitter account that he has suffered complications from a routine surgical procedure.

Richard Franklin back in hospital again:

On 31/12/2020 at 19:44, msc said:

Peter Craze, actor brother of the late Michael Craze, reported dead on Twitter aged 74.

Peter Craze looked like an older version of former England cricket captain and Sky sports commentator Mike Atherton 

images.jpeg-1.jpg

2 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Twitter reporting the death of Doctor Who signature tune composer Ron Grainer. Various wikis have also been updated to indicate his death.

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Ron_Grainer

In 1981.

• Haha 1

You are 40 years late. 

Although given the show itself is 58 years old this year...:D

• Like 1

On 09/07/2020 at 12:39, msc said:

Alan Curtis - Major Green from the War Machines. Still going, not as ill as I had thought (Parkinsons iirc) and turns 90th on the 30th July 2020.

I should have listened to my earlier gut feeling. Alan Curtis is dead according to the the chairman of Elstree Studios.

• Like 2

On 15/02/2021 at 18:15, Perhaps said:

Richard Franklin back in hospital again:

Richard Franklin released from hospital a couple of weeks back. Operation was successful (whatever it was for?). Anybody know more?

39 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Richard Franklin released from hospital a couple of weeks back. Operation was successful (whatever it was for?). Anybody know more?

Not really, no.

Not hurt any planned audio work as he's apparently been persona non grata with Big Finish Productions for several years now.

Was however unable to contribute to the recent Season 8 boxset DVD extras as he was "very ill". This was filmed before his first hospital stay in October so its a long term issue. Reading between lines, lung or heart, but no evidence to hand.

• Like 2

Via Twitter, David Bailie has died.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, time said:

Via Twitter, David Bailie has died.

Differently from that Iraqi bastard, I know this is real.

Played Cotton in the first three POC films. Not a character immediately recognisable by name (particularly as the character was a mute!) but regularly featured amongst the ship's crew:

CottonAWEProfile.jpg.9e98739ee83c20f755d93e936abf2c9c.jpg

• Like 2

On 23/02/2021 at 11:56, msc said:

I should have listened to my earlier gut feeling. Alan Curtis is dead according to the the chairman of Elstree Studios.

Alan Curtis has a Guardian obit, written by regular theatre critic Michael Billington, but strangely in the "Other Lives" section, rather than "main".

• Like 1