Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Now there's an actor who has been quietly great as small but important characters in shitloads going 40 years now and gets very little attention for it. I remember him well as Rory in Hamish MacBeth and it's always nice to see him show up in things.

Yep, loved Brian Pettifer in everything (Get Some In made me feel grown up, Ghosts of Motley Hall made me a kid again), think he's bulked up quite a lot, disturbingly so, I'm considering him for near future teams if he doesn't shed the weight!

7 hours ago, msc said:

Tony Selby has died according to actors on twitter.  Ace of Wands, Detectives, etc but also Glitz in 2 Doctor Who stories.

Sorry to hear this. He popped up in almost everything! I remember him as the chauffeur in Love Hurts amongst other shows.

It may not be *the* Tony Selby, according to Toby Hadoke's latest posts.

Confirmation, if it were still needed, not that Tony Selby

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, time said:

Confirmation, if it were still needed, not that Tony Selby

Just dandy. :lol:

Tony Selby Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

@Octopus of Odstock (and others) - Mea culpa, apparently a lot of people (including folk who knew the actor) were taken in by a tweet by a chap with a Iain like reputation. 

• Thanks 1

Hurrah get some in. Condolences to the other Tony Selby however 

David Dukas, South African actor who appeared as Elias Griffin Junior in Rosa for Doctor Who, reportedly dead:  (First death from the Jodie Whittaker era?)

• Like 2

On 07/04/2020 at 20:23, msc said:

Ok, given that, here is a list of as many living people who worked or appeared on Dr Who who are 70 in 2020 or older. Credited cast, producers, directors, writers, unless they are notable not the many many uncredited extras as we'd be here all day.

16.   1937 – Derrick Gilbert, Michael Kilgarriff, Tony Caunter, Eileen Helsby, Michael Ferguson, Clive Scott, Hugh Futcher, Donald Gee, Tom Georgeson, Brian Grellis, David Bailie, Geoffrey Hinsliff, Davyd Harries, Colette O’Neil, Maurice Roeves, Sheila Reid, Gawn Grainger, William Gaunt, Ian Hogg, Barbara Windsor, Vic Tablian, Martin Cort, Viktors Ritelis, David Arlen, Davyd Harries, Terrence Hardiman, Brian Cullingford, Darrol Blake, Steven Berkoff

Clive Scott, South African actor who spent a bit of time in the UK and in particular played Arthur Linwood in The Mind Of Evil for Doctor Who (can't be many survivors from that now), dead at 84: https://www.timeslive.co.za/tshisa-live/tshisa-live/2021-07-29-tributes-pour-in-for-tv-veteran-and-comedian-clive-scott-who-has-died-aged-84/

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0778982/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Clive Scott, South African actor who spent a bit of time in the UK and in particular played Arthur Linwood in The Mind Of Evil for Doctor Who (can't be many survivors from that now), dead at 84: https://www.timeslive.co.za/tshisa-live/tshisa-live/2021-07-29-tributes-pour-in-for-tv-veteran-and-comedian-clive-scott-who-has-died-aged-84/

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0778982/

Despite being a fan of The Mind of Evil, I couldn't place this guy at all. Turns out he's in the background of the opening scene before being the guy killed off-screen 5 minutes in, with no dialogue of his own. No wonder I didn't recognise him!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Despite being a fan of The Mind of Evil, I couldn't place this guy at all. Turns out he's in the background of the opening scene before being the guy killed off-screen 5 minutes in, with no dialogue of his own. No wonder I didn't recognise him!

He's the rat scratches and bites guy!

On 02/03/2021 at 12:45, Ulitzer95 said:

Richard Franklin released from hospital a couple of weeks back. Operation was successful (whatever it was for?). Anybody know more?

Richard Franklin being a bit vague on twitter, but is apparently having another op soon which may or may not be serious and may or may not permanently retire him.

https://twitter.com/PlanetFranklin/status/1421902886871654400

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 07/04/2020 at 20:23, msc said:

15.   1936 –Ralph Watson,

Ralph Watson died of cancer on 20th June aged 85 according to his son on Twitter.

Another ""you'd recognise the face" actor - long TV career.

00ralph_watson.jpg

3 hours ago, msc said:

Ralph Watson died of cancer on 20th June aged 85 according to his son on Twitter.

Another ""you'd recognise the face" actor - long TV career.

00ralph_watson.jpg

The Monster Of Peladon was one of the first Target books I bought (yep, I have a first edition, ha!) and I can't tell you how much I love Horror At Fang Rock (unpopular opinion I'm guessing, but hey, lighthouses are creepy!).

RIP.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

The Monster Of Peladon was one of the first Target books I bought (yep, I have a first edition, ha!) and I can't tell you how much I love Horror At Fang Rock (unpopular opinion I'm guessing, but hey, lighthouses are creepy!).

RIP.

Horror of Fang Rock is awesome 

• Like 2

As that Dr Who list I did 16 months ago has had over 30 deaths since, it is now woefully out of date. Also, a number of other names have been confirmed as alive, which is nice. So, here's an update stretching to 1953 (ie actors/actresses/writers/directors 68 or older in 2021). Some folk are still difficult to track down, but I think we've got nearly every QO cert Dr Who alumni down now, including some who had kept their DOBs secret. Take a bow Jane Sherwin. If the year of birth is a rough estimate (see Peter Fraser, not a stage name but a bloody common one, the c for circa remains!)

Nigel Johns – Young Silurian – is still alive but I can’t track his DOB. Ditto Cynthia Grenville who was “not an old lady” when she appeared in Brain of Morbius and was doing conventions recently. Lloyd McGuire is a stage name by looks of it. Edward Arthur lives in Spain. Geoffrey Bateman was born sometime during the 1940s but so were 20 other Geoffrey Batemans. Crawford Logan still does radio. Rachel Davies (State of Decay) is alive but clearly not the one born 1926 on BMD from Manchester - I think she was born circa 1940 and have plumped for that below for now! Jacqueline King is in her 60s.

1.    1920 – Arnold Yarrow

2.    1924 – William Russell, Donald Pelmear, Laurie Webb

3.    1925 – David Graham, Morris Perry, Ysanne Churchman, Hugh Lund (played a Zarbi), Peter Thompson (played a Primord) – can’t find 100% proof these last two are still going but better sourced people say they are as of 2020!

4.    1926 –Barbara Clegg

5.    1927 –June Brown, Frank Mills, Graham Rigby, Derek Smith, Wendy Danvers (c.)

6.    1928 –Peter Cellier, Michael Craig, Georgine Anderson, Bernard Cribbins, George Little

7.    1929 – Colin Jeavons, Steve Machin, John Woodvine, Clifford Rose, John Nettleton, Thelma Barlow, John Greenwood, Patricia Prior

8.    1930 – Henry Lincoln, Shirley Cooklin, Roy Evans. David Garfield, Henry Woolf, Lillias Walker, Gary Watson, Brian Peck, Maureen Heneghan, Henley Thomas

9.    1931 –Cy Town, Kenneth Cope, June Bland, Claire Bloom, Kenneth Seeger, Gordon Faith, Raymond Llewellyn (may actually be born in 1928)

10.  1932 – Sonny Caldinez, Carmen Munroe, John Gorrie, Jolyon Booth, Edward de Souza, Vera Fusek, Gabriel Woolf, Antony Carrick, Vilma Hollingberry, Wendy Gifford, Kenton Moore, Dinny Powell, Roy Spencer (c.), Andrew Lodge (c.), Jane Sherwin

11.  1933 – Bernard Lodge, Michael Allaby, Geoffrey Frederick, Patrick Godfrey, Donald Douglas, Michael McStay, Derek Martin, Rhoda Lewis, Sheila Hancock, Ian Frost, Mona Hammond, Joan Linder, Helen Dorward

12.  1934 –Mary Peach, Jeremy Young, Billy Cornelius, Ann Davies, Robert Aldous, Jean Marsh, Kenneth Ives, Gilbert Wynne, Vernon Dobtcheff, Christopher Benjamin, Tom Baker, Roy Macready, Sylvia Syms, Mitzi McKenzie, John Davies, Leila Hoffman, Martin Muncaster, Jean Challis, Nicholas McArdle (c.), Annette Crosbie, Burnell Tucker

13.  1935 – Tristan de Vere Cole, George Roubicek, Derren Nesbitt, Julian Glover, Michael Imison, Glenn Beck, Derrick Goodwin, Wanda Ventham,  Susan Engel, Michael Jayston, Janet Henfrey, Anne Reid, David Daker, Allister Bain, Gregg Palmer (c.), Anna Barry, Valentine Palmer, Richard Martin

14.  1936 –Timothy Combe, Douglas Sheldon, David Savile, Richard Franklin, Tessa Shaw, Tim Barlow, Brian Blessed, Tony Scoggo, Richard Wilson, Jon Lauriemore, Terence Lodge, Peter Fraser (c.), Malcolm Rogers, Rhys McConnochie, Peter Laird, Dick Mills, Jennifer Hill

15.  1937 – Derrick Gilbert, Michael Kilgarriff, Tony Caunter, Eileen Helsby, Michael Ferguson, Hugh Futcher, Donald Gee, Tom Georgeson, Brian Grellis, Geoffrey Hinsliff, Sheila Reid, Gawn Grainger, William Gaunt, Ian Hogg, Vic Tablian, Martin Cort, Viktors Ritelis, David Arlen, Davyd Harries, Terrence Hardiman, Brian Cullingford, Darrol Blake, Steven Berkoff, Anthony Verner, Brian Wright (c.) , Brian Ellis

16.  1938 – Tina Packer, Milton Johns, Brian Hodgson, Warris Hussein, Spencer Chapman, Frances White, John Tillinger, David Weston, Tim Goodman, Christopher Dunham, Richard Kane, Christopher Robbie, Leslie Schofield, Laurence Harrington, Tim Preece, Julian Fox, Roy Boyd, David McKail, Eleanor Bron, John Savident, Tony Selby, Val McCrimmon, John Tordoff, Derek Jacobi, Penelope Lee, Col Farrell, Marcus Hammond, Martyn Huntley (c.), Roslyn de Winter, Douglas Ditta, Pamela Greer (c.), George Gallacio

17.  1939 –Geoffrey Kirkland, Ian Thompson, Peter Purves, Marina Martin, Lynda Baron, Eric Mival, Rudolph Walker, John Moreno, Paul Grist, Bob Baker, Garrick Hagon, Jonathan Newth, John Cleese, Ian McCulloch, Jonathan Burn, Edmund Pegge, James Fox, Ian McKellen, Meg Wynn-Owen, Ronald Rich (c.), Richardson Morgan (c.)

18.  1940 –Bernard Holley, Pauline Collins, Carole Ann Ford, Clive Doig, Neville Smith, Annette Robertson, David Calderisi, Stanley McGeagh, Alec Linstead, Tony Adams, Ben Howard, John Black, Barry Stanton,  James Beckett, Judy Cornwell, Angela Douglas, William Wilde, Jim McManus, Gilly Fraser (c.), Ringo Starr, Brigit Forsyth, Michael Gambon, Nick Evans (c.) , Lyn Ashley, Alexandra Tynan/Sandra Reid (c.), ,June Murphy, Norman Tipton (c.)

19.  1941 – John Levene, Hannah Gordon, Martin Jarvis, Christopher Tranchell, Kay Patrick, Anneke Wills, Mike Lucas, John Atterbury, Geoffrey Beevers, Michael Walker, Andrew Robertson, David Gooderson, Christopher Hamilton Bidmead, Nerys Hughes, Ahmed khalil, Brian Miller, Polly James, David Ashton, Alan David, Roy Marsden, Angela Pleasance, Maurice O’Connell, Rachel Davies (c.), Roger Limb, David Warner, David Ashford, Claire Jenkins (c.), David Valla, Carl Rigg

20.  1942 – Illona Rodgers, Michael E Briant, Robert Sidaway, Prentis Hancock, Ian Talbot, Fernanda Marlowe, Stuart Fell, James Marcus, Patricia Maynard, Stephen Yardley, John Challis, Brian Croucher, Denis Lill, Paul Shelley, John D Collins, Chloe Ashcroft, Pam St Clement, Peter Symonds, Caroline Hunt, Margot Hayhoe (c.), John Bloomfield, Ernie Vincze, Bernard Lloyd-Jones, John Owens, David Bradley, David Quilter, Paul McCartney, Michael Elwyn, Jo Rowbottom, Wanda Moore, Harriet Philpin (c.), Gillian Brown (c.), Andrew Morgan, Paul Bentley

21.  1943 – Donald Sumpter, Kevork Malikyan, Virginia Wetherell, Maureen O’Brien, Valentino Musetti, Delia Lindon, Giles Block, George Layton, Ian Hines, David Simeon, David Griffin, Chris Boucher, Gregory de Polnay, John Leeson, Peter Straker, Colin Baker, Georgina Hale, Edward Peel, Sylvester McCoy, Roger Nott, Roger Murray-Leach, Julia Foster, Elliott Cairnes, Sue Pulford, Ellis Jones, Christopher Bailey (c.)

22.  1944 – Adam Verney, Frazer Hines, Fiona Walker, Paula Topham, Sally Faulkner, Graham Weston, Pik-Sen Lim, Philip Hinchcliffe, Catherine Schell, Barry Andrews, Nigel Lambert, Eric Saward, Timothy Block, Keith Drinkel, Martin Potter, Isla Blair, Matthew Robinson, Barbara Kinghorn, Faith Brown, Colin Spaull, John Ogwen, Richard Hartley, Patricia Quinn, Julian Holloway, Anne Robinson, Judith Paris, Paul Joyce, Ian Barritt, David Rowlands, John Flanagan, Bernard G High,

23.  1945 – Clive Merrison, Sandra Bryant. John Kane, Conrad Asquith, John Abbott, Andrew McCulloch, Graeme Harper, Michael Melia, Nicolas Chagrin, Alibe Parsons, Morgan Deare, Bill Lyons, Michael Brandon, Bill Paterson, Michael Bertenshaw, Tariq Anwar, Sarah Hellings, Dave Anderson, Michael Owen Morris (c.), Peter Robert Scott, Forbes Collins (c.), Leena Dhingra (c.),

24.  1946 –Richard Ireson, Miles Northover, Katy Manning, Graham Simpson, Tom Chadbon, Sheila Ruskin, Annie Lambert, Roger Davenport, Roy Holder, Martin Cochrane , Dicken Ashworth, Simon Williams, Penelope Wilton, Colin Prockter, Struan Rodger, Maureen Lipman, Robin Soans, James Acheson, Colette Gleeson, Timothy Dalton, Martin Fisk, David Suchet, Brian Cox, Graham Simpson, Felicity Kendal, Togo Igawa, James Snell, John Gleeson (c.), Susan Jerrard Baker (c.)

25.  1947 – Wendy Padbury, Petra Markham, Felicity Gibson, Guy Siner, Brendan Price, Adrienne Burgess, Michael Keating, Paul Seed, Tony Osoba, Michael Osborne, Christopher Neame, Paddy Kingsland, Michael Cochrane, James Warwick, Ann Holloway, Alec Sabin, Peter Burroughs, Terry Molloy, Rula Lenska, John Alkin, Stephen Churchett, Leslie Meadows, William Thomas, Jack Galloway, John Tallents, Ralph Arliss, Colin Stinton, Ann Widdecombe, George Costigan, Ozzie Yue, Lois Baxter, William Dudman, Colin Fay (c.), Anthony Rowlands, Richard Clark, Ken Bones

26.  1948 –Matthew Corbett, Stewart Bevan, Peter Howell, Gareth Armstrong, David Warwick, David Sibley, Paul Jerricho, Michael J Jackson, Anita Graham, Stephen Wyatt, Joseph Marcell, Ron Cook, Peter Walshe, Mat Irvine, Tony Virgo, Rusty Goffe, Miles Fothergill (c.), Ian McElhinney

27.  1949 – Susan Penhaligon, Andrew Johns, Rob Edwards, Neil Dalglish, Keith Skinner, Martyn Whitby, Jeananne Crowley, Zoe Wannamaker, Simon Callow, Geoffrey Sax, David Allister (c.), Judy Norman, Ian Gelder, Bill Nighy, Mike Elles, Deep Roy, Carmen Gomez, Keith Parry

28.  1950 – David Troughton, Cheryl Hall, Nick Hobbs, Pamela Salem, Nigel Plaskitt, Michael Cashman, Liza Goddard, Nitza Saul, Eric Deacon, David Chandler, Christopher Ryan, Rachel Bell, Sharon Duce, Annette Badland, Robert Pugh, Paul Lavers, Catherine Howe, Ian McNeice, Ricky Newby (c.), Jenny McCracken (c.), Jane How, Renu Setna, Elizabeth Parker, Lindsay Duncan, Harriet Walter

29.  1951 – Louise Jameson, Lalla Ward, David Yip, Tim Munro, Peter Davison, Simon Rouse, David Banks, Jeff Rawle, Philip McGough, David Rodigan, Chris Clough, Angela Bruce, Michael Fitzgerald, Don Warrington, Juliet Cadzow, Graham Turner, David Schofield

30.  1952 – Nina Thomas, Roderick Smith, Imogen Bickford-Smith, Ian Saynor, Clare Clifford, Alexei Sayle, Patrick Ryecart, Tomek Bork, Nicholas Gecks, Sharon Osborne, Albert Welling, Celia Imrie, Art Malik

31.  1953 – Rosalind Lloyd, Jennifer Lonsdale, Janet Fielding, Gareth Milne, Steve Morley, Trevor Cooper, Nabil Shaban, Malcolm Kohll, Christopher Guard, Deborah Manship, Marc Platt, Norman Pace, Gareth Hale, Gordon Tipple, Dona Croll, Ian Hanmore, Phil Davis, Stuart Milligan, Richard Hope, Lorelei King, Christopher Fairbank, Maureen Beattie

At some point that isn't 1am on a work day I'll go back to this and bring up current health/etc too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 17/08/2021 at 00:50, msc said:

1932 - Vera Fusek

Austin and Howard Mutti-Mewse (celeb trackers who wrote a book or two) claim Vera Ann Fusek died 8th August 2021 in Suffolk.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Austin and Howard Mutti-Mewse (celeb trackers who wrote a book or two) claim Vera Ann Fusek died 8th August 2021 in Suffolk.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS9PhkYM_Z5/

Sad news if true. 

Her turn as President of Earth in the fake war with Draconia is outstanding. Just finished reading the Target novelisation a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Sad news if true. 

Her turn as President of Earth in the fake war with Draconia is outstanding. Just finished reading the Target novelisation a couple of weeks ago.

Note I gave her birth name and the alleged place and date of her death so folk who can search the 2021 GRO when it updates can confirm fairly quickly.

Well, I would have if not for the typo, err! It's Vera ANNA Fusek.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, msc said:

Note I gave her birth name and the alleged place and date of her death so folk who can search the 2021 GRO when it updates can confirm fairly quickly.

Well, I would have if not for the typo, err! It's Vera ANNA Fusek.

Of note, she registered on Twitter briefly (assuming it is her) under Vera Anna Peters - so her death might be registered under Peters?

On 25/06/2021 at 08:59, time said:

It may not be *the* Tony Selby, according to Toby Hadoke's latest posts.

Now reports that the Tony Selby we love has died: 

Let's see if this is real.

• Like 1

Going to say that Tony Selby has indeed died: 

RIP properly this time. I salute you Corporal Marsh!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Going to say that Tony Selby has indeed died: 

RIP properly this time. I salute you Corporal Marsh!

Tony Selby news obit.

• Sad 1