Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Report of the death of Jeremy Child, hugely popular character actor and Baronet (aye, an actual aristo): 

Impossible to sum up what he was in - for me significant roles in Father Dear Father, Fairly Secret Army, First Among Equals, Eastenders and Judge John Deed. On film, Quadrophenia, Give My Regards To Broad Street and The Iron Lady.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0157461/

RIP.

He was also Francis Pym (formerly a big DL favourite about 15 years or so ago) in The Falklands Play. And had a relatively small role in Edge of Darkness, which is one of the best TV shows ever made, and was turned into a fucking awful film. 

Def one of those faces that feels like they were in everything though.

• Like 2

On 08/03/2022 at 13:22, YoungWillz said:

Report of the death of Jeremy Child, hugely popular character actor and Baronet (aye, an actual aristo): 

Impossible to sum up what he was in - for me significant roles in Father Dear Father, Fairly Secret Army, First Among Equals, Eastenders and Judge John Deed. On film, Quadrophenia, Give My Regards To Broad Street and The Iron Lady.

RIP.

I can see how this has happened, but Jeremy Child needs to be posted in British Character Actors.    That's where he belongs.

• Like 1

Form-spotting opportunity. Purves, at 83, looks in remarkably fine fettle! Maureen O'Brien, 78, not so much, but probably still a few years left. Katy Manning, 75, is probably still fitter than me.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2021 at 00:50, msc said:

*snip*

12.  1934 –Mary Peach, Jeremy Young, Billy Cornelius, Ann Davies, Robert Aldous, Jean Marsh, Kenneth Ives, Gilbert Wynne, Vernon Dobtcheff, Christopher Benjamin, Tom Baker, Roy Macready, Sylvia Syms, Mitzi McKenzie, John Davies, Leila Hoffman, Martin Muncaster, Jean Challis, Nicholas McArdle (c.), Annette Crosbie, Burnell Tucker

*snip*

Times death notice for British actor and director Kenneth Ives (wiki), aged 87.

8554.jpg.2487ed06262fde598bb0e656186b3b13.jpg

A prolific face on television, despite the fact that his credits only spanned from 1965 to 1973. Worked as a director for the BBC until his retirement in 1987.

Notice copy and pasted into spoiler below.

Spoiler

IVES Kenneth, actor, TV and theatre director, died peacefully on 6th March 2022, aged 87 surrounded by his family after a short illness. A very much-loved husband to Sarifa, uncle to Merope and Timothy, his wife Joy, and great uncle to Elisabeth, Daniel, George and Laurence. Private funeral.

• Like 2

On 08/03/2022 at 13:22, YoungWillz said:

RIP.

Guardian obit for Jeremy Child.

• Like 1

On 03/05/2017 at 15:15, msc said:

1.     Jennifer Wilson b. 1932

Jennifer Wilson, in this thread for Doomwatch, but better known for her role in popular 70s series The Brothers, has died, shortly before her 90th birthday.  She made sporadic TV appearances but was more of a theatre actress. She was the widow of actor Brian Peck, who died last year.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, msc said:

Jennifer Wilson, in this thread for Doomwatch, but better known for her role in popular 70s series The Brothers, has died, shortly before her 90th birthday.  She made sporadic TV appearances but was more of a theatre actress. She was the widow of actor Brian Peck, who died last year.

Perhaps her death can be found here

On 03/04/2022 at 04:03, msc said:

Officially anounced here:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/coronation-street-casualty-jennifer-wilson-dies-aged-89/

On 17/08/2021 at 00:50, msc said:

As that Dr Who list I did 16 months ago has had over 30 deaths since, it is now woefully out of date. Also, a number of other names have been confirmed as alive, which is nice. So, here's an update stretching to 1953 (ie actors/actresses/writers/directors 68 or older in 2021). Some folk are still difficult to track down, but I think we've got nearly every QO cert Dr Who alumni down now, including some who had kept their DOBs secret. Take a bow Jane Sherwin. If the year of birth is a rough estimate (see Peter Fraser, not a stage name but a bloody common one, the c for circa remains!)

Nigel Johns – Young Silurian – is still alive but I can’t track his DOB. Ditto Cynthia Grenville who was “not an old lady” when she appeared in Brain of Morbius and was doing conventions recently. Lloyd McGuire is a stage name by looks of it. Edward Arthur lives in Spain. Geoffrey Bateman was born sometime during the 1940s but so were 20 other Geoffrey Batemans. Crawford Logan still does radio. Rachel Davies (State of Decay) is alive but clearly not the one born 1926 on BMD from Manchester - I think she was born circa 1940 and have plumped for that below for now! Jacqueline King is in her 60s.

12.  1934 –Mary Peach, Jeremy Young, Billy Cornelius, Ann Davies, Robert Aldous, Jean Marsh, Kenneth Ives, Gilbert Wynne, Vernon Dobtcheff, Christopher Benjamin, Tom Baker, Roy Macready, Sylvia Syms, Mitzi McKenzie, John Davies, Leila Hoffman, Martin Muncaster, Jean Challis, Nicholas McArdle (c.), Annette Crosbie, Burnell Tucker

Jeremy Young reported to have died.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Sonny Caldinez has sssssadly passssssed away

image.png.65a8af0b89adcee640ab66cb921d469f.png

A hit in 2 previous Scavenger Hunt rounds...

• Thanks 1

Sophie Aldred (Ace) and Janet Fielding (Tegan) are reprising their characters for Jodie Whittaker's final Dr Who episode. 

_124194377_acetegan.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Sophie Aldred (Ace) and Janet Fielding (Tegan) are reprising their characters for Jodie Whittaker's final Dr Who episode. 

_124194377_acetegan.jpg

When it comes to 80s Dr Who companions you'd have to say Bonnie Langford and Nicola Bryant have had more luck over the past 35 years although it doesn't necessarily mean they will live longer. 

Bonnie-Langford-Splits1-1140x800.jpg

E81lRSgXsAY_iFU.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

_124194377_acetegan.jpg

Good to see them back but I'll admit that neither have aged quite so well IMO.

Just have to wait to the episode to see how they're doing (hopefully Chibnall can pull some good writing and action out of his arse for once)

• Like 1

To be fair, they're in character while the other two are glammed up.   Janet Fielding is also about ten years older than the others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

To be fair, they're in character while the other two are glammed up.   Janet Fielding is also about ten years older than the others.

Didn't Fielding have cancer as well a while back? HTF is Aldred nearly 60?

19 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Didn't Fielding have cancer as well a while back? HTF is Aldred nearly 60?

Well, Survival was 33 years ago now! ;)

Janet Fielding did have cancer in 2012. I don't think it was ever revealed what type, but it got quite severe. However, she's been in remission for a good 5 or 6 years now to the best of my knowledge.

• Like 2

On 16/08/2021 at 16:50, msc said:

Ditto Cynthia Grenville who was “not an old lady” when she appeared in Brain of Morbius and was doing conventions recently.

Cynthia Grenville died last November, aged 90

• Like 1

Plaque unveiling at BBC Riverside Studios allows everyone who has Bob Harris, Carole Ann Ford or Frazier Hines in their teams to realise this is not their year.

May be an image of 3 people and people standing

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Plaque unveiling at BBC Riverside Studios allows everyone who has Bob Harris, Carole Ann Ford or Frazier Hines in their teams to realise this is not their year.

May be an image of 3 people and people standing

Harris didn't look as good in this photo last month.

55387427-0-image-a-21_1647360645336.jpg

• Like 1

Richard Franklin's friends break radio silence to confirm he's in good spirits and being looked after (in the nursing home, I think). Again, I believe that's an old photo, and no mention this time of recovering from his last op.

• Like 1

Twitter seems to think this is him on the mend, I got the exact opposite feeling from it tbh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, msc said:

Twitter seems to think this is him on the mend, I got the exact opposite feeling from it tbh.

Well someone is going to need to be quick off the mark on Tuesday if they want him for MMMDP now you have gone and spilled the beans

• Like 1