Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

Image Of The Fendahl made me (metaphorically) poop my pants. One of the stories that benefits from a broad lead in - it was like watching a Hitchcock thriller and the ending was spectacular for the time. I've watched it only twice since originally on, and still makes me genuinely tremble.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

That puts both John Flanagan & Andrew McCulloch as the earliest survivng Doctor Who writers for Meglos in 1980.

That’s quite something isn’t it? For comparison, there are still a few 60s Star Trek writers knocking about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

That’s quite something isn’t it? For comparison, there are still a few 60s Star Trek writers knocking about. 

Yeah it's quite sad really a lot of the 60s-70s who writers died of health issues (mainly heart related) in their 40s-60s.

• Like 1

On 09/12/2022 at 12:01, YoungWillz said:

The Big Finish?

Barrowman is a bit of a drama queen. Worked with Mel Brooks on The Producers. Worked with Sandi Toksvig on QI. Are either of these a possibility? Has a relative bought the farm, or has a beloved pet gone to that farm upstate?

Be nice of him to be straight with his fans for once.

Re. Barrowman - I don't if this is the devastating news alluded to above, but he's cancelled his tour because of poor ticket sales.

• Like 2

Death of Stephen Greif announced by his management

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, time said:

Death of Stephen Greif announced by his management

Another Peter Bowles' connected death - he was in an episode of Only When I Laugh.

Fenning from Citizen Smith is where I best know him from.

RIP.

• Like 1

Toby Hadoke's annual Doctor Who in memoriam.

I think the most notable off the radar death in this one is Malcolm Rogers (IMDb) who most famously played Dracula in the Chase

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Toby Hadoke's annual Doctor Who in memoriam.

I think the most notable off the radar death in this one is Malcolm Rogers (IMDb) who most famously played Dracula in the Chase

With your handle, it must be hard to login when your pissed! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tim Barlow reported dead

• Like 6

Richard Franklin pictured yesterday

• Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, time said:

Richard Franklin pictured yesterday

Yikes!

Doctor Who actor Huw Rees who played the older version of Tim Latimer in The Family of Blood and a 'Killer OAP' in Amy's Choice and was also a Lib-Dem councillor for his home town of Sketty, Swansea passed away November 24th 2022.

• Like 2

Peter Day, visual effects supervisor for classic Doctor Who (Troughton to Baker, T), as well as other BBC fare (Quatermass, Adam Adamant, The Goodies) has died aged 95.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

It is the 99th birthday of Laurie Webb and apparently he is still keeping active!

Incidentally, Patricia Prior (Webb's Mrs Ollis in The Three Doctors) is still alive and 94 now.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, msc said:

It is the 99th birthday of Laurie Webb and apparently he is still keeping active!

Incidentally, Patricia Prior (Webb's Mrs Ollis in The Three Doctors) is still alive and 94 now.

Jesus, he just had that "must have died years ago" look and he's still with us!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Magnificent character actor. This is a sad day.

All of this. One of those known for playing iconic terrifying roles who was actually by all accounts lovely off camera. One of those few reported deaths which are genuinely upsetting to see. RIP.

• Like 2

I'm absolutely the right age to have found The Demon Headmaster scary. I also know him from the Jonathan Creek episode The Eyes of Tiresias, where he plays a Swiss financier who blows his brains out.

• Like 2

On 06/05/2023 at 20:50, msc said:

Earlier this month, @Ulitzer95 and @YoungWillz!  

99 now, still keeping an active lifestyle, still well connected in acting and fan circles. If he DOES get a Qualifying obit on death, it'll be down solely to 4 episodes of Dr Who and a few bit parts on Hancock. But we'll know pretty soon after the fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This has been reported as the funeral details for Alan Hatchman, a dresser who worked for the BBC and reportedly worked uncredited on Vengeance on Varos And Timelash for Doctor Who, so uncredited he doesn't get a mention on IMDB for it, only The Crystal Maze: https://lodge.afuneralnotice.com/n/d8a0159f

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Alan_Hatchman

• Like 1