Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Austin and Howard Mutti-Mewse (celeb trackers who wrote a book or two) claim Vera Ann Fusek died 8th August 2021 in Suffolk.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS9PhkYM_Z5/

Sad news if true. 

Her turn as President of Earth in the fake war with Draconia is outstanding. Just finished reading the Target novelisation a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Sad news if true. 

Her turn as President of Earth in the fake war with Draconia is outstanding. Just finished reading the Target novelisation a couple of weeks ago.

Note I gave her birth name and the alleged place and date of her death so folk who can search the 2021 GRO when it updates can confirm fairly quickly.

Well, I would have if not for the typo, err! It's Vera ANNA Fusek.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, msc said:

Note I gave her birth name and the alleged place and date of her death so folk who can search the 2021 GRO when it updates can confirm fairly quickly.

Well, I would have if not for the typo, err! It's Vera ANNA Fusek.

Of note, she registered on Twitter briefly (assuming it is her) under Vera Anna Peters - so her death might be registered under Peters?

On 25/06/2021 at 08:59, time said:

It may not be *the* Tony Selby, according to Toby Hadoke's latest posts.

Now reports that the Tony Selby we love has died: 

Let's see if this is real.

• Like 1

Going to say that Tony Selby has indeed died: 

RIP properly this time. I salute you Corporal Marsh!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Going to say that Tony Selby has indeed died: 

RIP properly this time. I salute you Corporal Marsh!

Tony Selby news obit.

• Sad 1

He's not dead, but watching an interview with former Dalek operator Nick Evans, from 2021. (Evans is one of the many 1960s actors whose imdbs are tiny because sod all of the 1950s/60s  British TV shows are on it bar the obvious remembered ones - most of them got wiped and forgotten.) Anyhow, he's a noted gregarious convention regular but while at first glance he looks OK for his age (80s), once he started to speak it was clearly he'd suffered a nasty stroke at some point in the last few years. Struggling to speak, still got bits of the facial paralysis. Still buggering on regardless, but one to watch now.

Worth noting that Selby's death means Ian Ogilvy (wiki, b. 1943) is the only surviving cast member of any degree of note from "Witchfinder General" (1968). 

Nicky Henson died in 2019, as did Godfrey James (which we've just discovered).
Hilary Dwyer and Margaret Nolan died in 2020.

Ogilvy appears to be very active for a 78 year old.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2021 at 13:49, msc said:

Austin and Howard Mutti-Mewse (celeb trackers who wrote a book or two) claim Vera Ann Fusek died 8th August 2021 in Suffolk.

Vera Fusek gets a Telegraph obit.

Quite surprised, but pleasantly so.

• Like 2

Morris Perry reportedly dead, aged 96.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 17/08/2021 at 00:50, msc said:

As that Dr Who list I did 16 months ago has had over 30 deaths since, it is now woefully out of date. Also, a number of other names have been confirmed as alive, which is nice. So, here's an update stretching to 1953 (ie actors/actresses/writers/directors 68 or older in 2021). Some folk are still difficult to track down, but I think we've got nearly every QO cert Dr Who alumni down now, including some who had kept their DOBs secret. Take a bow Jane Sherwin. If the year of birth is a rough estimate (see Peter Fraser, not a stage name but a bloody common one, the c for circa remains!)

Nigel Johns – Young Silurian – is still alive but I can’t track his DOB. Ditto Cynthia Grenville who was “not an old lady” when she appeared in Brain of Morbius and was doing conventions recently. Lloyd McGuire is a stage name by looks of it. Edward Arthur lives in Spain. Geoffrey Bateman was born sometime during the 1940s but so were 20 other Geoffrey Batemans. Crawford Logan still does radio. Rachel Davies (State of Decay) is alive but clearly not the one born 1926 on BMD from Manchester - I think she was born circa 1940 and have plumped for that below for now! Jacqueline King is in her 60s.

15.  1937 – Derrick Gilbert, Michael Kilgarriff, Tony Caunter, Eileen Helsby, Michael Ferguson, Hugh Futcher, Donald Gee, Tom Georgeson, Brian Grellis, Geoffrey Hinsliff, Sheila Reid, Gawn Grainger, William Gaunt, Ian Hogg, Vic Tablian, Martin Cort, Viktors Ritelis, David Arlen, Davyd Harries, Terrence Hardiman, Brian Cullingford, Darrol Blake, Steven Berkoff, Anthony Verner, Brian Wright (c.) , Brian Ellis

Obituary here for Michael Ferguson, who died on 4th October.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2