Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

I keep on meaning to watch Blake's 7 (all the episodes are up on youtube) but I've not gotten around to it yet.

Is it really as good as people say?

It is good but not perfect.

It suffers from the cheap BBC 70's special effects but makes up for it in scripts and performance.

It paves the way for Babylon 5.

• Like 2

Doctor Who fans are tweeting that Peter Gilmore has passed away aged 81. No media coverage as of yet...

Doctor Who fans are tweeting that Peter Gilmore has passed away aged 81. No media coverage as of yet...

Wikipedia is now saying that he died on 3 February (but at the end of the article rather than in the usual place at the top). Not that that proves anything...

And a miss too. Fairly regular in the DDP in recent years but as soon as he falls off the radar...

If we can include "Torchwood" in this thread, then may I report Robin Sachs has died aged 61? He was the son of "Good Old Days" presenter Leonard Sachs. Also appeared in "Buffy" and did a lot of voice work.

P.S. He also appeared in "Star Trek: Voyager" so that thread would have been another option.

Here it is folks...

http://news.drwho-on...31-2013%29.aspx

RIP Peter Gilmore. A sad loss.

2 days ago, and nothing yet from the Beeb or other major sources?! His portrayal of Captain James Onedin surely made him one of the most recogniseable faces on TV in the 70s.

OK VSB, how does the name "British Science Fiction Series" look?

Fine by me, I wasn't complaining!

And a miss too. Fairly regular in the DDP in recent years but as soon as he falls off the radar...

Don't be too quick to add him to List of the Missed, as there's no credible obit source just yet, if indeed, he's died.

Don't be too quick to add him to List of the Missed, as there's no credible obit source just yet, if indeed, he's died.

Yes, I have held back as you will see in the latest update in which you are the Player of the Month for January!

• Like 1

Wikipedia have now brought Peter Gilmore back to life. Looks like it may have been another Pertwee after all!

DrWho Online are sticking with their source though:

DWO NEVER use Wikipedia as a source for our news. With obituaries, we always ensure they are backed up by at least 2 sources. Alan Pulverton is a member of our news team - the same member that broke the news about Bernard Horsfall on the 29th January.

Guest Guest

Actually it wa s my mate Bill who broke the news.He claims to be a friend of Peters family...

Actually it wa s my mate Bill who broke the news.He claims to be a friend of Peters family...

Let me guess - he used to drive him around in a big old boat...

• Like 1

Guest Guest

There are some reports online that Peter's death was a hoax, but DWO have contacted Equity and Peter's agent (Roger Carey Associates), who both sadly re-confirmed the news that he passed away on Sunday 3rd February.

Anyway in other news, the guy who pioneered special make up design and did the star Wars make up Stuart Freeborn has died aged 98 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21357301

Peter Gilmore finally got a BBC obit so that confirms he's dead http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-21368095

Would that work the other way around, as in: if I don't get a BBC obit I won't die?

regards,

Hein

Well I've never had a BBC obit and I haven't died.

Peter Gilmore finally got a BBC obit so that confirms he's dead http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-21368095

Would that work the other way around, as in: if I don't get a BBC obit I won't die?

Well I've never had a BBC obit and I haven't died.

My thoughts exactly.

regards,

Hein

Reports on the internet are saying that Peter Davison who played the part of the 5th Doctor Who , has died http://www.travelers...blr-twitter.htm

Yes, but there's no BBC obit, ergo, he's still alive.

• Like 1