Guest Advisor

Nazi of SS

Here is the current Most Wanted list, with at least two of them likely to be already dead.

_45587601_nazi_map466x389.gif

• Like 1

Siegfried Knappe, one of the last survivors of Hitler's bunker died back in December 2008 at the age of 91. I was considering him for inclusion in my DDP list a while back but there was no evidence to suggest he was still alive so I presumed that he was already dead...

This follows the death of Armin D. Lehmann in October 2008 and means that there is only one, possibly two occupants of Hitler's Bunker still living....

1) Richus Misch (born 1917) - Hitler's bodyguard

2) Günther Schwägermann (born 1915) - adjutant to Joseph Goebbels, survived WWII but not heard from since

Speaking of Germans in WWII, here's an interesting list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_livin...ross_recipients

Granted, the media is leery of giving obits to most of them unless they are famous for something else. Darges got an obit, but due to his being on Hitler's inner circle. Gunther Rall also got an obit (from the telegraph), but barely (although his obit is long, and he was probably the most notable [post-war] of all of them). As for the others, I don't see any of them getting obits though Ribbentrop might get one just cuz he's the son of a notorious person.

Most of the others don't get obits though (Barkmann didn't, though he was quite potent on the Western Front).

After the Demjanjuk article, my mind fastly went to Erich Priebke.

I found this TV Documentary from 1994 on youtube:

It shows interviews with two nazi's, one being Priebke

the other one was Reinhard Kopps, the man who helped many Nazi's obtain a false passport and fleed to argentina.

The German wikipedia Doesn't mention anything on Kopps his dead, so he may be alive, does anyone know better?

According to the Axis History Forum, which is usually a very reliable source for SS/Nazi-related bios, he died in 2001, aged 86. The page has an obituary from Spetember 2001 on it.... seems to be fairly notable so it's strange that I can't find anything else relating to his death on the internet.

Chile cult leader Schaefer dies in Chile prison

Paul Schaefer, a former Nazi corporal and founder of a cult-like community in Chile, has died in prison aged 88.

A Nazi and a Paedophile?

Must have been a popular guy...

Adolf Storms, former SS Sergeant and number 4 on the Simon Wiesenthal center most-wanted list, has died at home in Duisburg, aged 90, whilst awaiting trial for the murder of 58 Jews in 1945.

Hajo Herrmann, Luftwaffe pilot turned lawyer has died.

A hit for Exnazis if the right obit turns up...

Nazi War Criminal Michael Seifert, known as the 'beast of Bolzano', has died in Italy aged 86.

The aptly-named ex-colleague of Demjanjuk, Samuel Kunz, has avoided his trial by snuffing it.

The aptly-named ex-colleague of Demjanjuk, Samuel Kunz, has avoided his trial by snuffing it.

Jammy Kunz...

The guy who presided over Eichmann's trial has died:

"With resonant timing, Moshe Landau, the fifth president of the Supreme Court and an Israel Prize laureate, died on Sunday, only two days after his 99th birthday, and 50 years after presiding at the trial of Adolf Eichmann."

Source: http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=218680

Nazi War Crime suspect, Milivoj Asner , dies in Austria aged 98.

Nazi War Crime suspect, Milivoj Asner , dies in Austria aged 98.

Bloody hell, they covered him every couple of months in all sorts of UK media, then he dies and nothing... hopefully his death will be mentioned in one of those semi-annual "Nazis still being hunted" pieces they do to draw in the excitable crowd.

• Like 1