Guest Advisor

Nazi of SS

Guest Advisor

Alois Brunner Adolf Eichmans second hand man is one of the last ss members on the run he sent thousands of jews to death but iam sure hes around 92 yrs of age. when he dies iam sure it will be notified world wide.

Alois Brunner

(1912- )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer Alois Brunner was born in Austria in 1912 and joined the Austrian Nazi Party in 1931 at the age of 19. His anti-Semitism was considered to be so extreme that he was swiftly tapped to be Adolf Eichmann’s private secretary. As head of the Nazi’s Jewish affairs office in prewar Vienna, he organized persecution that forced thousands of Jews to flee to other European countries and the United States.

When World War II started, he sent 47,000 Austrian Jews to concentration camps. After organizing mass roundups in Berlin, he transferred to Greece, where he was responsible for deporting all 43,000 Jews in Salonika within just two months.

In June 1943, he was sent to France to take over the Drancy transit camp near Paris from its French administrators. During 14 months in France, Brunner sent an estimated 25,000 men, women and children to their deaths.

SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer Brunner transported the children of Izieu to Auschwitz. One of the most wanted of all war criminals, Brunner was responsible for the killing of thousands of Jews.

He was often sent by Eichmann as a trouble shooter to areas such as France to expedite the Final Solution, the killings of 6 million Jews

After World War II, Alois Brunner found gainful employment courtesy of Reinhard Gehlen and the CIA. Gehlen, Hitler's top anti-Soviet spy, surrendered to the Americans and offered his services. CIA took the bait and Gehlen re-established his spy organization, and enlisted thousands of Gestapo, Wehrmacht and SS veterans. During the Cold War Gehlen's network of agents received millions of dollars in funding from the U.S. From 1956-68, Reinhard Gehlen was Germany's Chief of Federal Intelligence Service.

Later Brunner escaped to Syria where he became a government adviser. To this day Alois Brunner - now 87 - has successfully evaded capture. He is believed to live in Damascus using the alias Dr. Georg Fischer, though in December 1999, there were unconfirmed reports that he had died in 1996 and was buried in a Damascus cemetery.

But last October German journalists visiting Syria said Brunner was living at the Meridian Hotel in Damascus. Brunner is easily identifiable, having lost an eye and several fingers from letter bombs sent him years ago by Israel’s intelligence services.

With the release of Adolf Eichmann's memoirs, Alois Brunner, whom Eichmann once called his "best man," is again in the news. Brunner was already sentenced to death in absentia in France in 1953 and 1954; more recently, a new suit was filed there based on his sending children to Auschwitz. Previous attempts to persuade Syria to release Brunner failed. Germany applied for his extradition in 1987, and in 1991 the European Parliament voted to condemn Syria for continuing to harbor the alleged war criminal.

In 1995 German State prosecutors in Cologne and Frankfurt posted a $333,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the last leading Nazi still believed to be on the loose.

In 2000 rumors were circulating that Poland was preparing to seek the extradition of Alois Brunner. Until now the Syrians have ignored all attempts to extradite him, including those by Nazi hunter, Simon Wiesenthal, but apparently moods are changing in Syria.

Brunner was interviewed about 15 years ago in the Austrian news magazine Bunte. He said his one regret was that he hadn't murdered more Jews. In 1987 in a telephone interview he told the Chicago Sun Times: "The Jews deserved to die. I have no regrets. If I had the chance I would do it again..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Children of Izieu

Alois Brunner Adolf Eichmans second hand man

The bottom has dropped right out the used Panzers market. Has he thought about selling the Fockers down ther river?

DWB :lol:

• Like 1

A good choice for DL, seeing as many wish him dead and he's getting on anyway.

However...

In December 1992 the "Lettre d'Orient", a generally well-informed Damascus publication, announced that Brunner had died. Details were vague, and the Syrian authorities refused to confirm or deny the report. Brunner's daughter, Irena Ratheimer, who is married to an Austrian parliamentarian, claims that her father is dead. The Syrian government has repeatedly denied that Brunner lives on its soil.

Tricky call I'd say.

• Like 1

I thought I'd revive this, and mention nasty old Nazi Hugo Bleicher,

born in 1899, not really famous enough for DeathList but a good DDP pick.

So it is true: it's always the good guys that die first...

The Advisor - formally Banshees Scream at one time long ago.

I truely would enjoy to see this Nazi on a future DL list, but due

to lack of evidence that he is living it makes it a very difficult

call to make. In the end his presence as a canidate would most

likely be against the DL rules. ;)

Of course if the goverment ever decides to stop protecting him

which him being protected is the most obvious alternitive,

then i'm sure the DL committee would glady make him apart

of these hopefully soon to be Deathlist graduates.

Alois Brunner Adolf Eichmans second hand man

Rag 'n' Bone Man: "Any old iron? Any old iron?"

Alois Brunner : "How about my Iron Cross?"

weak post. weak. succumbed to temptation. tsk tsk...

On the subject of Alois Brunner; with US involvement in the Middle East at a higher level than ever, could regime change in Syria, enforced by outside forces or otherwise, lead to further light being shed on his fate?

I doubt very much that he is still alive, but it could be a nice side-effect of US intervention if he is brought to justice.

I doubt very much that he is still alive, but it could be a nice side-effect of US intervention if he is brought to justice.

He has not been publicly seen for years, so if he dies or is already dead, his death may be very hard to verify.

Another Nazi goes to plead his case at the Pearly Gates. Don't let him in Simon!

(edits) Just noticed this was posted yesterday under Near Misses. Oh well, at least I posted a different link. <_<

Hey Tookie killers, you missed someone. This is another pointless thread that I really shouldn't have graced with a post

Hey Tookie killers, you missed someone. This is another pointless thread that I really shouldn't have graced with a post

You're right, you absolutely shouldn't have. You could have had a monkey pound on your keyboard and produced a more coherent post. :P

Seriously, since when do YOU get to call out people for pointless threads?

To give it more of a point, here's a Nazi that is still verifibly alive:

Erich Topp

Well, maybe not a Nazi persay, but the 3rd best U-boat commander of the war.

You're right, you absolutely shouldn't have. You could have had a monkey pound on your keyboard and produced a more coherent post. :)

Seriously, since when do YOU get to call out people for pointless threads?

To give it more of a point, here's a Nazi that is still verifibly alive:

Erich Topp

Well, maybe not a Nazi perse, but the 3rd best U-boat commander of the war.

It's pointless because no-one knows whether he's dead or alive and he's hardly famous. Germany had millions of Nazis before WWII and apparently none afterwards. I think it's time to put that war in the past. Bringing up the war is part of the British disease and Eriksson's call for England fans to shut up about it was spot on. I've spent too much time in my life opposing Nazis to want to discuss them here.

I think it's time to put that war in the past. Bringing up the war is part of the British disease and Eriksson's call for England fans to shut up about it was spot on.

Might I say that we should never forget the war.

It highlights many important points that we can learn from. Whether it be, don't be too harsh in peace (1919), never vote a madman into power (1933), and never allow a hostile state to become too powerful (1933-9).

I do disagree with the whole Basil Fawlty way of expressing the war.

I do try to make a point (and often fail) that WW2 was against the Nazis and not the Germans. How willingly the German people accepted the Nazis, and therefore helped cause war, is up to the individual to decide.

I think it's time to put that war in the past. Bringing up the war is part of the British disease and Eriksson's call for England fans to shut up about it was spot on.

It highlights many important points that we can learn from. Whether it be, don't be too harsh in peace (1919), never vote a madman into power (1933), and never allow a hostile state to become too powerful (1933-9).

I do try to make a point (and often fail) that WW2 was against the Nazis and not the Germans. How willingly the German people accepted the Nazis, and therefore helped cause war, is up to the individual to decide.

There's a good book called Hitler's Willing Executioners that discusses that stuff. I agree we shouldn't forget the war. I just think you have to be careful not to encourage the loonies out there who still think Hitler was right. They always come out of the woodwork.

Not forgetting that American and British banks helped finance the fledgling Nazi State.

The fear of Communism drove the capitalists into the arms of the extremists.

• Like 1

Incidentally I can see no report that says Erich Topp was a Nazi

Incidentally I can see no report that says Erich Topp was a Nazi

Incidentally,

Well, maybe not a Nazi persay, but the 3rd best U-boat commander of the war.

Are you about through making a fool of yourself in this thread?

Well you did tuck it away at the bottom of the post and I did see it afterwards but, what the hell, you push the button, you live to regret it.

Hmmm... looking back at this thread, I wonder where the thorn in my side came from when I posted that day?

Himler .

Tut tut.

(Do you suppose its our guest Himler?)

Erich Topp died on 26 December :D

Guest iain
The "Butcher of Genoa", former Nazi SS officer Friedrich Engel,

Has died aged 97, he died peacefully. There is no justice. :P

Hopefully he will be judged more harshly by the good lord than he was her e on earth

Erich Topp died on 26 December :)

Did he top himself (bit obvious i know but i couldnt resist it.sorry)