Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mixed Blessings

Joey Bishop, 89

Guest Mixed Blessings

TV host and panelist, "The Tonight Show" (1958-62), "The Jack Paar Show" (1958-62), "The Joey Bishop Show" (1961-65, 67-69).

Allso the last member still living from the 'Rat Pack'

Your TV related post reminds me of Bob Barker, The Price is Right, 1900 - present day. I always like to keep an eye out on Bob when I holiday in the States, Carribean or Canada with Mrs Bee Gee. American TV is always very accessible in those places. Bob seemed a little frail this holiday though. Anyone think he will he get an obit in the UK?

Joey Bishop b. 1917 is the last surviving member of Frank Sinatra's famous 'Rat Pack'. Sinatra, Dino, Sammy, and Peter Lawford are all gone just leaving Joey. Bishop turns 88 this year, could be one to keep an eye on.

As i see it if hes alive in 2006 hell be on the list.

"It would be in the deathlists best interest.

Joey Bishop should be in this death list 2006 his 87 this year

U got Dean and Frank. :pop:

Guest lived so lets die

don't you mean the rat pack. :o

Unless it's referring to the Joey Bishop, head of water rates in the Borough of Lewisham 1965-72 along with Frank 'The Chairman of the Refuse Collection and Civic Amenities Board' Sinatra, Dean 'The Local Highways Inspectorate Ombudsman' Martin and Sammy 'Mr Minutes from the Last Meeting' Davis Jr.

Here's another one that merits some discussion. In all the deadpools I've been checking out, everyone seems to be betting their money on Joey Bishop, yet I can't seem to find a reason why aside from the fact that he's old and that he's the "last" of something. Am I missing something here? Health problems? Suicidal tendencies? Wishful thinking?

Reasons for enteriong this post......

I feel bad that joey has had so few posts, this will be the 9th in moree than a years time. Doesn't seem right.

Also wondering if anybody has some pictures of Joey Bishop they'd like to share with us, with or without clothes or Dean Martin or the others .

I must add that I did not know he was still with us. He was the least well known of the Rat Packers, I suspect that his obits will be short.

He was the least well known of the Rat Packers,

I have to disagree with you Mr. J, the least well-know one was whats-his-name? You know, thing-a-me-bob, I can see he face but his name escapes me right now . . .

DWB ;)

Another Thread started by Banshees Scream well over a year

ago under the name "Mixed Blessings"

It seems back then i was making some very clever possible

canidate threads which now it seems much harder because instead

of myself being the only one making suggestions, now it seems everyone

is due to the fact more have joined.

I think Joey Bishop should possibly be considered for 2006.

Fame certainly shouldn't be an issue since he was infact a

official Rat - Pack member. A good selection I say for the lower

spots on the list.

1100! (Hooray, 1100. hcw)

Edited by heaven can wait

TV host and panelist, "The Tonight Show" (1958-62), "The Jack Paar Show" (1958-62), "The Joey Bishop Show" (1961-65, 67-69).

What about Shirley Maclaine she was a Rat Pack member.

What about Shirley Maclaine she was a Rat Pack member.

Her position as a Rat Pack member is contentious. Most of the other members considered her a "mascot," which is probably just a euphimism for snogging buddy.

I'm certain Joey Bishop is famous enough, I just still haven't heard anything about why he's any different from any other possible soon-to-be-88 year old candidate?

I'm waiting to the wire to submit my team for next year's DDP, so I'm still doing little bits of research. Anyhow, it was hard to find, but I finally found a little bit of news on Joey Bishop.

Still signing autographs and answering fan mail it would seem.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303278,00.html

LOS ANGELES — Joey Bishop, the stone-faced comedian who found success in night clubs, television and movies but became most famous as a member of Frank Sinatra's boisterous Rat Pack, has died at his home, his publicist said Thursday.

Bishop was the group's last surviving member. Peter Lawford died in 1984, Sammy Davis Jr. in 1990, Dean Martin in 1995, and Sinatra in 1998.

Bishop died Wednesday night of multiple causes at his home in Newport Beach, publicist and longtime friend Warren Cowen said.

He was at one time linked to Deborah Kerr, I believe. Coincidence?

Son of a bitch! I actually had him in mind for my masterpiece next year, but he wasn't patient enough. O well.

Joey Bishop the last remaining member of the Rat Pack is now ... history. Joey Bishop dead at 89.......

RAT PACK R.I.P :lol:

Too good for the Joey Bishop thread are we TH? :unsure:

Topics merged, also being reported on the BBC news website

Okay, I not only used the DL search, I ran a page search in Firefox. Something is wrong. This thread was not visible to me when I posted mine. Guess I didn't go back far enough with my page searches. :lol:

A great shame - and truly the end of what was a quite extraordinary entertainment era. I would have a drink in his honour, but wasn't he teetotal?

:lol:

Your TV related post reminds me of Bob Barker, The Price is Right, 1900 - present day. I always like to keep an eye out on Bob when I holiday in the States, Carribean or Canada with Mrs Bee Gee. American TV is always very accessible in those places. Bob seemed a little frail this holiday though. Anyone think he will he get an obit in the UK?

The host of the longest running game show in TV history? Of course he will. He just recently retired, too, btw, and retiring after long careers can be deadly to men, more so than women. Drew Carey (the fat bastard) took his place.

On 03/05/2005 at 18:43, GracieJc8 said:

Joey Bishop b. 1917 is the last surviving member of Frank Sinatra's famous 'Rat Pack'. Sinatra, Dino, Sammy, and Peter Lawford are all gone just leaving Joey. Bishop turns 88 this year, could be one to keep an eye on.

Peter Lawford's son, actor and writer Christopher Lawford, of General Hospital fame, has died aged 63 after calling 911 for a medical emergency in his yoga studio.