Guest D. E. Athkins

The Beckham / Ian Wright / Wayne Rooney

Is there any point to Ian Wright being on (British) TV ?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest D. E. Athkins

BECKHAM DEAD !

Sorry, I wish it wasn't just wishful thinking. How much longer must we put up with that talentless b*****d in the British media?

I predict that a 'crazed fan' will put that Teletubby sounding loser out of 'his' misery- this year!

Guest Guest_Paul Bearer

B'stard! I got all excited :((

Please, please fellow forum writers.

Teletubby sounding and always-in-the-papers annoying he may be, but talentless? Most of us can only dream of playing football as well as him.

This should be a closed chat now as he ain't going anywhere this year (apart from maybe back to Blighty).

Guest Guest

Yeah, errr.... 'he' can take free-kicks!

'He's' the most over-rated piece of crap- EVER!

The prediction stands, this year- DEAD!

Guest Guest

From some REAL football fans (not brainwashed muppets):

Beckham Vs Ronaldo Madeulook madeulook - 176th post - 22 May 2004 21:02

Do the Man united fans on this board think ronaldo will be as good as beckham and would u welcome beckham if it meant that ronaldo would leave. [Complain about this post]

re: Beckham Vs Ronaldo Cristiano Roanldo dos Santos Aveiro -CR7- - 235th post - 22 May 2004 21:05

Forget Beckham, he is overhyped. No chance in hell would I take Beckham back, especially if Ronnie left - the best U21 player in the world IMO. He can run fast, beat players, is creative, and can score some super goals, all of which Beckham could not do. I would even be bold enough to say Ronnie has a better free kick than Becks. [Complain about this post]

re: Beckham Vs Ronaldo C M - 65th post - 22 May 2004 21:07

He is already better than the overhyped one diminsional Beckham. He can do more than kick a long ball and look good. [Complain about this post]

re: Beckham Vs Ronaldo roger burton - 1st post - 22 May 2004 21:11

yeah i agree, Ronaldo is a better winger than beckham. What potential! But I do think united have missed beckham's quality delivery from both open play and dead balls. No way ronaldo is better free kick taker than beckham. Ronaldo doesn't have enough power (atleast at the moment). I think it would have been perfect if we could have played them both in the same team, with beckham playing in the centre of midfield. [Complain about this post]

re: Beckham Vs Ronaldo The Radical Red Ohh - 362nd post - 22 May 2004 21:15

He is better than Beckham but I still wish that we had Beckham in our side. He created so many goals for us through his crosses, passes and freekicks. Beckham and G Neville linked up so well on the right... Now we resort to awful long balls! We definitely missed him this season, but I would rather have Ronaldo staying than Beckham returning. [Complain about this post]

re: Beckham Vs Ronaldo Rob Edwards - 23rd post - 22 May 2004 21:20

no way, ronaldo is on the up and he has much more talent than becks already, becks is a better crosser of a ball and free kick taker, but ronaldo can improve that and will be hundreds times better than beckham. [Complain about this post]

re: Beckham Vs Ronaldo hattersplayfootball football - 13th post - 22 May 2004 21:21

Beckham is light years ahead! Look how dependent Man U were on Beckham - once he left Man U became an ordinary side and Beckham has now become an even better player! [Complain about this post]

re: Beckham Vs Ronaldo Old Man - 173rd post - 22 May 2004 21:29

Beckham is not better, he is the sole reason of Reals apaulling season being sent off, not scoring, and rarely creating, from Reals perspective he is one of the most overpriced fooballers in the world. He claims to be a right midfielder but he cant take players on, the best method of play for him is to hide in the corner and come out whenever there is a set piece. Certainly doesnt compare to Cristiano Ronaldo [Complain about this post]

re: Beckham Vs Ronaldo (Formally)Ronaldo & co - 243rd post - 22 May 2004 21:52

That's the most sense I've seen written on these boards for ages. The fact that people still rate Beckham after this season proves people don't watch la liga, own sky and just read tabloid newspapers. David Beckham is the weak link in that Real side and off the pitch may warrant the galactico status but he definitely doesn't on it. He is no central midfielder and talk of playing him anywhere other than the right wing is asking for trouble. He's no ball winner or holding midfielder yet Real expected him to excel at both. He did nothing to keep cambiasso out of that side but the market in asia picked that team all year. Carlos Quieroz has the hardest job in football and I've got a hunch he didn't even want Beckham to join him on his Spanish trip. [Complain about this post]

re: Beckham Vs Ronaldo C M - 68th post - 22 May 2004 21:29

Maybe Rio's suspension and Browns and the defences injury had something to do with it. Oh and Chelsea new owner changed them. [Complain about this post]

re: Beckham Vs Ronaldo naza reno - 1st post - 22 May 2004 21:53

He is already better than beckham

Beckham at real appearances-46, goals-5, assists 10

Ronaldo at manchester united appearances 24 full 14 sub, goals-6, assits 7

He is more of a goal threat and doesnt rely on set peices. Statistically he has been better and this is his first full season and hes 19. Beckham is experienced but cannot score from OPEN play.

Ronaldo can score alot more goals than beckham, remember he has probably hit the woodwork 9-10 times which could have went in. He was rested for so many games. When he comes central he can score alot but he is told to stay wide and deliver instead of terrorising down the centre. I think he can get 10-15 goals next season no problem because now hes getting the hang of it. [Complain about this post]

I think this is wwaaayyy too much information for this site.

:(

You could say Beckham is a lucky person!

so if he's that lucky then he may win a plane crash at 8,000,000 to 1. though the odds of him dying are reduced. Dependant on the type of crash the survival rate can be as much as 60%. But he's doing a lot of flying these days. So one day his career may crash land .

Or he may die if Posh finds out he's really been dribbling his balls over loos. and maybe get kicked into touch.

I wonder what the odds on Posh committing suicide are? Please do it before she tries to relaunch her singing career. sour faced puss.

Guest Lou Siffa

I think I'll go to the bookmaker's...

The pair of them expire in a bizare double 'suicide'! Notice the inverted commas *cough* *cough*!

100,000-1?

yeah, they should bench him, play Phil Neville, and have him take all the free kicks, corners, etc. David Beckham is personally and solely responsible for every poor result the England team has had in the past six years. Actually, probably all the ones since the '66 cup final.

I think it was his idea to invade Iraq, too.

prime candidate after that penalty miss???????? :ghost:

I would reckon after the one tonight, he is now even more a prime candidate (if there is such a thing). I think that might well scupper any plans Chelsea had to bring him back to Britain. He probably wouldn't get through immigration - although I can see a great future for him if he ever wants to play in Portugal!

Mrs Teddy, ever the football expert, reckons it was his shorts. They weren't tight enough to keep his golden balls from interfering with his run up :angry:

Guest KILL THE SPANISH FCUKER

KILL THE SPANISH FCUKER. HE IS A WASTE OF OXYGEN ON THIS EARTH. HE COULDNT SCORE IN A BROTHELL WEN THE GIRL WAS UNCONCIOUS AND HE HAD £50'S HANGIN OUT HIS BACK POCKET. AND DATS AN OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

GERMANY '06 WILL SEE A NEW CAPTIAN IN PLACE FOR ENGLAND. ANY SUGESSTIONS.

NEW GOAL KEEPER. DAVID JAMES COULDNT CATCH A BULLET IN HIS BODY FROM POINT BLANK RANGE.

GET WELL SOON ROONEY. WE NEED YOU AT UNITED.

SO19 BEST BE IN AT HEATHROW AIRPORT TO STOP ME SHOOTIN DAT SPANISH GUIT IF HE COMES BAK INTO THIS COUNTRY.

ENGLAND TILL I DIE (WITHOUT SCUM)!!!ENGLAND TILL I DIE (WITHOUT SCUM)!!!ENGLAND TILL I DIE (WITHOUT SCUM)!!!ENGLAND TILL I DIE (WITHOUT SCUM)!!!ENGLAND TILL I DIE (WITHOUT SCUM)!!!ENGLAND TILL I DIE (WITHOUT SCUM)!!!ENGLAND TILL I DIE (WITHOUT SCUM)!!!ENGLAND TILL I DIE (WITHOUT SCUM)!!!ENGLAND TILL I DIE (WITHOUT SCUM)!!!ENGLAND TILL I DIE (WITHOUT SCUM)!!!ENGLAND TILL I DIE (WITHOUT SCUM)!!!ENGLAND TILL I DIE (WITHOUT SCUM)!!!

Gosh, what a super tirade. I hope you feel better for that, Mr Fcuker. By the way, are you a walking endorsement for French Connection UK products? How much do they pay? I could use a bit of extra cash and wouldn't really mind changing my name. :angry:

And there was me thinking that everyone was going to blame the referee (silly man - choosing not to turn a blind eye to John Terry slapping his arm into the goalkeeper's face) or the groundsman. :ghost:

No one yet has blamed the Portuguese, for being more skilfull, faster, fitter and better at taking penalties.

Can't be that though, must be the referee/England team/The Penalty Spot/Sven/Rio/The Bellboy/The Bossanova/The Boogie that's to blame.

Shame it wasn't Columbia really, that'd be another success on the DL stats (see Escobar after World Cup 1998).

Can someone enlighten me as to the point of Ian Wright as a pundit?

Regarding Ian Wright. Man, you are soooo Wright :angry:

This very point was made on Monday night here at my house. I totally don't get the point of him on the BBC1 football vehicle. Come to think of it, I don't get the point of him on that other bad show he does that Ant 'n' Dec did well. Maybe the beeb got him very cheap; in any case there must be a long queue of people more able and better suited to television than him. I personally think he is talentless and a headache for television producers in general.

Ditto

Ian Wright causes the same problem for TV companies as the girl from the Boddingtons adverts did a couple of years ago - namely that they have probably stuck him on a long contract and now have to get VFM - so any old show is put up with him fronting it - regardless of the programme's suitability. At least the girl got paired off with Des O'Connor eventually!

DWB :angry:

I was in the supermarket the other day and I thought I saw Beckhams name on a loaf of bread. Upon closer inspection I realised it said THICK CUT....

Melanie Sykes (Boddington's girl), like Kelly Brook, is best watched with the sound turned down. Des O'Connor is best watched with the TV switched off.

I can think of many people and programmes best watched with the TV off.

Des O'Connor, the only man sponsored by Ronseal......(apart from David Dickinson, of course)

... and George Hamilton.

He must be in the prime of life by now. Must investigate him a bit more ...

DWB :lol:

DWB - Are you thinking what I'm thinking...

Destination: The planet, Melanoma One?