Guest D. E. Athkins

The Beckham / Ian Wright / Wayne Rooney

Is there any point to Ian Wright being on (British) TV ?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He apparently earns over 47 thousand pounds per day.

Which is good for him....

not good for anyone else though. I hope he is assassinated in the near future, I think there's a distinct possibility this will happen.

Has anyone seen former Arsenal legand Tony Adams on the Match of the Day panel. He precedes every statement with a "uh......duh.....erm.....yeah"

I think he might be experimenting with cannabis or valium. Or both.

Beckham is a great footballer but outside football he's a big girl's blouse - wearing sarongs & earrings. And Victoria is a complete fright.

Has anyone seen former Arsenal legand Tony Adams on the Match of the Day panel. He precedes every statement with a "uh......duh.....erm.....yeah"

He's a recovering alchie with an penchent for reading Shakespeare and the day to day problem of having to hang around with footballers. Makes for a complex character in my book. My guess is his dithering is a deeply rooted combination of introspection, embarrassment at having to share a couch with the transparently superficial Mark Lawrenson and that vague gnawing at the conscience that comes with the perpetual thought that you're getting well paid for nowt in particular but lacking the real satisfaction that comes with doing an important job well.

.......... My guess is his dithering is a deeply rooted combination of introspection, embarrassment at having to share a couch with the transparently superficial Mark Lawrenson and that vague gnawing at the conscience that comes with the perpetual thought that you're getting well paid for nowt in particular but lacking the real satisfaction that comes with doing an important job well.

Brilliant MPFC. This could apply to thousands of celebritys. May I borrow it?

.......... My guess is his dithering is a deeply rooted combination of introspection, embarrassment at having to share a couch with the transparently superficial Mark Lawrenson and that vague gnawing at the conscience that comes with the perpetual thought that you're getting well paid for nowt in particular but lacking the real satisfaction that comes with doing an important job well.

Brilliant MPFC. This could apply to thousands of celebritys. May I borrow it?

I wasn't aware that thousands of celebrities had to share a couch with Mark Lawrenson. That is a rather frightening image. :blink:

As if any more proof were needed that football, is indeed, shite... ;)

You obviously didn't watch Exeter City vs Canvey Island this Saturday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6248835.stm

Methinks posh is behind this move, fed up of sunbathing and sangria, with nothing to do perhaps she is hoping to ressurect her own career at the same time, ligging her way to stardom. God forbid!

[beckham topics merged. Also nice opportunity to resurrect this topic -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

"Marketing-wise it's a dream come true and it's not a 35, 36-year-old washed-up guy"

True, it's a 31-year old washed up guy :rolleyes:

yeah he's got a 5 year contract...

"We play in the best stadium we have had incredible success over the history of the league, we have had great individual players and great teams. There's a tradition of excellence."

But we'd struggle to beat Mansfield Town...

Ooo she'll be able to hang out permanently with Tom and Katie now. I'd bet on a conversion to Scientology in the near future.

The deal works out at him earning £492,000 (plus a bit more) a week for the next five years.

Not bad, eh?

The deal works out at him earning £492,000 (plus a bit more) a week for the next five years.

Not bad, eh?

That pays a few OT levels.

regards,

Hein

"We play in the best stadium we have had incredible success over the history of the league, we have had great individual players and great teams. There's a tradition of excellence."

But we'd struggle to beat Mansfield Town...

I bet they'd beat Leeds at the moment though... :)

Ooo she'll be able to hang out permanently with Tom and Katie now. I'd bet on a conversion to Scientology in the near future.

Does this making no noise malarkey only apply to giving birth or could it extend to say singing?

I think you are begining to understand my distain for her thankfully short lived solo career.

Does this making no noise malarkey only apply to giving birth or could it extend to say singing?

I think you are begining to understand my distain for her thankfully short lived solo career.

I can see the David Beckham statement now re Scientology:

"Me and vicki didn't do too good at school but it's nice to have been given the opportunity to do this GSCE again"

:ghost:

Just voted for the 'I have no opinion' option, and it did feel as pointless and slightly dirty as I suspected it would.

A bit like writing to 'Points of View' to tell them that I'd missed a programme but would let them know my thoughts next week if I remembered to set the video.

Saying that, if there really was an option to vote for 'none of the above' on a voting card (like in Brewster's Millions) I'd do it like a shot, although in my head that's not quite the same thing as that would be democratically registering my dissatisfaction with the alternatives, or something.

Yes, I realise I've just had a debate with myself in real time on the internet... it's Janaury, and I can't afford to 'get out more' even if I actually had some real life friends to go out and see.

david beckham should be used as a bag of wind and his wife should be melted down to a wheelie bin and a sex aid for him LOL

david beckham should be used as a bag of wind and his wife should be melted down to a wheelie bin and a sex aid for him LOL

So you can spell? And you can find a thread if you want to too. What a fraud.

Fuck, just realised you started another bloody thread. Admin alert, new poster on the rampage.

Fuck, just realised you started another bloody thread. Admin alert, new poster on the rampage.

I'm trying to work out how the ashtray could be used as a sex aid.