At the rate people keep changing avatars (avatae?)............

av•a•tar : noun chiefly Hinduism a manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily form on earth; an incarnate divine teacher.

• An incarnation, embodiment, or manifestation of a person or idea : he set himself up as a new avatar of Arab radicalism.

• Computing: a movable icon representing a person in cyberspace or virtual reality graphics.

ORIGIN from Sanskrit avatara ‘descent,’ from ava ‘down’ + tar- ‘to cross.’

Doesn't say what the plural is, but it's from the Sanskrit, so "Avatars" is probably simplest.

• Like 1

My avatar was chosen for me by someone else - so I suppose there must be a resemblance of some sort. :P

I only changed mine 'cos (almost) everyone else was doing it!

Guest IYG

I used my avatar at another site I visited but I got tired of it there and it didn't look as good as it does here.

I'll stick with it, no reason to change.

The best prize they ever had on 3-2-1 was a St Bernard puppy - I think the people who could have won it lived in a flat...........

Wasn't it quite often a boat? Even as a child, I remember thinking that it must have been a grave disappointment to most of the contestants to win the wretched boat.

The boat featured quite heavily on Bullseye - it was either a boat or a caravan every week, and the people who won it invariably couldn't drive or lived in Birmingham so were 2 hours away from the nearest sea!

It was always a boat - due in part to the fact that the TV company had a deal with the boat makers that gave them a huge discount on the damn things in return for the publicity.

This being the first forum I've ever joined, it's only now that I've considered my cyberspace identity. The avatar seemed to be a quite important part of this - a face in a faceless universe and all that. There is an image similar to the one I chose, but it is of a male. I prefer it, but somehow the idea that I would be assumed to be male as a result was a strange sensation.

Not that I'm not in touch with my masculine side; I like a good car chase film as much as the next guy.

BTW - boats always featured quite prominently in the Price is Right, as well. I think it was just an excuse to have the prize models wear bikinis.

This being the first forum I've ever joined, it's only now that I've considered my cyberspace identity. The avatar seemed to be a quite important part of this - a face in a faceless universe and all that. There is an image similar to the one I chose, but it is of a male. I prefer it, but somehow the idea that I would be assumed to be male as a result was a strange sensation.

Not that I'm not in touch with my masculine side; I like a good car chase film as much as the next guy.

BTW - boats always featured quite prominently in the Price is Right, as well. I think it was just an excuse to have the prize models wear bikinis.

So you are indeed a lady. It's interesting how I assume from the name and/or the avatar whether a member of this forum is male or female. I was kidding myself as I read your first posts yesterday that I knew you were female, but I don't know how much of that was caused by your avatar. I know that some members have additional information, but I hardly ever look at that.

I like to think my avatar speaks for itself...

How do u get the pictures next to your name  :angry:
  • Click on your name to get to your control panel
  • Click on “My controls” in your control panel
  • Click on “Edit Avatar Setting” under the Personal Profile heading on the left.
  • Click on the “Browse” button to upload an avatar from your computer or enter the url for an online avatar image in the space above it.
  • Click the “Update Avatar” button at the bottom of the page.

Note: The avatar on your computer should not be bigger than 96 by 96 pixels and should be one of the following file types - .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .swf or .png

I hope this helps,

Regards,

ff :ph34r:

[ Mods, this could be merged with the existing Avatars thread - you mean like this? - Teddy]

Be sure not to use an offensive avatar, as ff has done :angry:

Be sure not to use an offensive avatar, as ff has done :angry:

He's a bit out of date though, here's the new club crest after the Malcom Glazer takeover...

gallery27.jpg

How do u get the pictures next to your name :angry:

Glad to see that you successfully uploaded your new avatar. :ph34r:

So you are indeed a lady. It's interesting how I assume from the name and/or the avatar whether a member of this forum is male or female. I was kidding myself as I read your first posts yesterday that I knew you were female, but I don't know how much of that was caused by your avatar. I know that some members have additional information, but I hardly ever look at that.

Must be my feminie wiles.

Your avatar speaks both loudly and clearly. Of course, what is it they say? - the best way to remain hidden is to be as blatant as possible. You might be a bald woman, like the woman off Gimme Gimme Gimme. When she has her wig off and her bald-head-thing on, she could be either gender, really. :(

Balding is a lesbian.

There you have it.

Balding is a lesbian.

There you have it.

Damn - rumbled.

Anyone got any beans they want flicking?

The best prize they ever had on 3-2-1 was a St Bernard puppy - I think the people who could have won it lived in a flat...........

Did they have a time limit on the animal? i.e. if it wasnt won after a certain number of shows they put it down and got a replacement puppy?

Incedentally: "I think the people who could have won it lived in a flat........... Isnt that a Bowenism?

..."I think the people who won it may have lived in a flat"...perhaps?

Janeo and Notapotato, I like your new avatars. :P

PrincessDiana.jpgPotato.jpg

Janeo's one was an inspiration to my new one.

By the way Magere, I must say your deep blue eyes are absolutely dashing.

By the way Magere, I must say your deep blue eyes are absolutely dashing.

Aha! Someone noticed the new contacts.

regards,

Hein

Janeo and Notapotato, I like your new avatars.  :P

PrincessDiana.jpgPotato.jpg

Especially Notapotato's. It's just too dynomite. :angry:

• Like 1